2017-08-23 12:39:55

Hello,
I have a question: can i do somethng like below as a blind person?
I have samples of speech and I want to simulate singing effect. Sighted people use FLStudio, but as  we know, its now accessible. So can I do something like that?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-08-23 12:49:20

What are you trying to do exactly? Are you trying to make a speech synthesiser by concatenating arious phrases and sounds together?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-08-23 14:49:29

I have a samples of human speech, and I want to make that it will be singing. I don't know how can I say it better sad

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2017-08-23 17:02:47

Do you mean something like all those videos where people make songs out of random speech samples? ("Ain't nobody got time for that", "Double rainbow cross the sky", "The Pylons are trapped balls", etc?)
Yes, but it might be a little more tedious. You can arguably do it with Audacity, although you'll probably want a tool which can do autotune, and I haven't paid enough attention when the topic has come up before to know about accessible autotune tools. hmm

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-08-23 17:17:58

Any autotune plugin in Reaper or any other DAW would work.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-08-23 18:41:22

I don't know what it is called, but it's sort of like a harmonising machine. You feed the audio into the VST plug-in Kerove.dll in VST Host or Audacity, and then use something like QWS to change the notes of the person's voice. That's what I enjoy doing sometimes.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-08-24 15:19:00

Wait, you can run QWS and Audacity together like that? How? O.O

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2017-08-24 18:32:06

No, QWS with VST Host and MidiYoke is what I meant. But you can sort of use Audacity with the VST Plug-in, although the effects won't be live than if you were to use VST Host.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-08-24 19:04:15

Wow!
Where can I get this?

2017-08-24 19:42:54

A friend of mine gave me the actual DLL file, which I can upload to Dropbox or Google Drive. VST Host and Midi Yoke can be found on the main QWS home page under VST at http://qws.andrelouis.com/

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-08-25 16:45:03

Hey all, i'm planning to buy pro tools on the mac, and while i don't normally use autotune, I do quite enjoy those songify this videos. Does anybody have experience with pro tools on the mac who could tell me what is needed to do that? Also since im on the topic of poo tools, this is a bit off topic, but are there any free audio totorials regarding the software?

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-08-25 16:52:56

Hi! How is Pro Tools different from Logic Pro? I heard that they are very expensive. I'll also need to upgrade my Mac's storage, as it is quite limited right now.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-08-28 20:10:02

Green Gables Fan wrote:

A friend of mine gave me the actual DLL file, which I can upload to Dropbox or Google Drive. VST Host and Midi Yoke can be found on the main QWS home page under VST at http://qws.andrelouis.com/

I can't find a VST link anywhere on the site.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-08-28 20:41:15

Hmm, maybe it was taken down? It is here. http://www.andrelouis.com/qws/art/art007.htm

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy