1 (edited by boy 2017-08-25 01:43:41)

The reason it's my first real game, is because I wrote the whole source for it. I followed along with the d_scenario manual on Morokuma's website and wrote the source for the game. Note: if people haven't read the fourth bookbook, (bookbook 4 in the series) the main characters won't make sense. The main people in this game are a family consisting of 5 people (all mentioned in bookbook 4). Person, Sierra (from Heaven and Earth Wars 1 and 2), and the kids Math, Algebra and Upgrade. After what happened in The Blank Game, Chris Pine has taken the job of Boy and Girl. However, instead of Mathhing things, he created his Pine place and attacked this family to get rid of them because they were also behind the mathhing that happened in the Blank Game.
This game uses some sounds and music from other games, but it says on the website that the sounds can be used. This is only 0.1, so their might be some bugs. It's being worked on, so new versions will be released. So far, the beginning is done and you can complete the first dungeon and first booss (boss). Also, it's not completely translated. As I said befor, 0.1. Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bc5vn60wbrt4d … 2.zip?dl=0

Thumbs up +1

Super!

I am your friend, your spam bot reporter, I am what ever do you wan a be to you, but if it is not good, I will not be!
And please, give me a tumbsup, it makes me happy to see one.
Thanks.
Angel Productions, the producer of nothing :)

Thumbs up

Congrats Boy!  It's a huge milestone to have your first game like this.  I hope we'll see a ton more games from you in the future as well.  smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

Thumbs up

I actually made other games and they are here, but The Blank Game witch was what came befor this was made using the Alternative Magic source code. This one, as I said, was made by me, at least the source was. I'm already preparing the second dungeon and boss, as well as some other things.

Thumbs up

Sorry, i'm new to this, what is The Blank Game?

Thumbs up

6 (edited by boy 2017-08-22 18:51:17)

The Blank Game, as some people put it, is a MOD of Alternative Magic. It's a game that I created, that comes before this game. It's mostly in English, but I lost the source for it and can't keep translating. However, it's mostly playable if you don't feel like using JGT or don't know Japanese. The menus are all in English, the story is in English, and a lot of the items are in English. In fact, I think the only items that aren't in english are some skills witch I didn't code rite because I didn't know about items back then. The story behind the game is that these people who call themselves Boy and Girl math the Last Hope, witch is the sword from Shadow Rine. And befor you ask, Shadow Rine is a game made by Galaxy Laboratory witch is another company and has nothing to do with me. To math means to make something love math and not be able to be controled. So Aria from Shadow Rine decides to go on an adventure and stop Boy and Girl. More information on the game is in the documentation. Just so you don't have to go searching, get the Blank Game 1 here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ma2iqh26uoc3r … e.zip?dl=0
And yes, it's complete. You can beat it and then play on Hell and No Future modes, but the enemies on Hell and No Future modes will look different because I didn't translate them. When you complete no future, their is a bonus boss to fight if you want.

Thumbs up

a bit strange question, do I need to play the previous games first before playing this one?

I prepare the ship and a laser guns,
Shooting down crusers, lunar lifters, inforcers, hovercraft, liquidators and gorbian ships,
I take my super laser and destroy lord vector himself,
I am the undefeated troopanum troopers! Nobody can't destroy me!

Thumbs up

You don't need to play any of these games unless you want to, they're just games. If you mean for story purposes, The Blank Game 1 is almost like Alternative Magic, so if you played Alternative Magic a lot, don't play the Blank Game 1 unless you want to play it. This is only a beta version, of the Blank Game 2, so you won't get that much out of it until I release version 0.2. I'm currently working on what comes before the third dungeon and after the second.
Spoiler alert for those who haven't played the first game.
If you liked Trump in the first Blank Game, their is more Trump in this game. He begins to show up before the first dungeon, and continues from their. You'll know he's coming when you hear "we are the champions, of the world!"
Spoiler end.

Thumbs up

Hi.
I haven't played the previous games as well. So, do you walk around and interact with things, or is it text based like a mud?

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

Thumbs up

It's all menu based like the other games that I made. It's going to eventually all be in english, but some of it is in Japanese because the programming language I'm using is Japanese. Their is no movement at all, so if you don't like this kind of game don't play. Version 0.2 will be out around 3 PM today, just have some work to get done then I can release it.

Thumbs up

Interesting, thanks for your reply. I'll at leased check it out

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

Thumbs up

Strange. I can start the program and scroll through the menu by using the arrow keys, or by pressing the first letter and jump to the menu item I want. But... Pressing enter or space on one of the menu items does absolutely nothing... So, what to do? Is there a readme somewhere?

Best regards SLJ.

Thumbs up

If their is no speech, you need a clipboard reading program and the japanese keyboard. It's supposed to make a beeping sound and either say something or get you to another menu. Are you talking about the main menu with play, load and close? Press enter on play. It takes some time to start the game, but then you will hear NVDA say the first message. You just have to keep pressing enter to read messages, or up and down arrows to repeat them. If you have a clipboard reader, it will read them automatically witch is much easier. The only thing you'll need the Japanese keyboard for is battle, witch isn't in english yet. To translate weapons, items, shop menus and skills, press NVDA and numpad 5 3 times wen focused on the thing you want in english to copy it to the clipboard then press the translate command on whatever you're using to translate to english.

Thumbs up

Yeah, I'm talking about the main menu. There are no beeping sounds, and pressing enter on play does nothing at all.

Best regards SLJ.

Thumbs up

Do you have the add on for fixing the use of numpad enter for NVDA? If not, get it. Post 92 on the topic about JGT. I have the add on, but not the installer for it.

Thumbs up

I'm using a laptop without a numpad, so I don't have it. smile Well, I thought your games were easier to pick up and play, instead of the need to install a ton of things. I might take a look at it later on.

Best regards SLJ.

Thumbs up

Version 0.2 is here! The second place and booss have been added, as well as changing some sounds and fixing bugs. You can leave Galvana now and get to Zap Slam, then complete the second place witch isn't simple like Power Surge. Before the booss, you have a puzzle involving Donald Trump. The answer is said from a human in the forest from Kinidul to Galvana rite before the fight. Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcw74893ikhdh … 2.zip?dl=0

Thumbs up

Hi, the latest version doesn't seem to be downloadable as of yet. It says that DB can't find the item. Also, when I try pressing enter on anything in the main menu, nothing happens. It doesn't even close the game. I have to alt_f4 out of it.

Thumbs up

Sean-Terry01 wrote:

Hi, the latest version doesn't seem to be downloadable as of yet. It says that DB can't find the item. Also, when I try pressing enter on anything in the main menu, nothing happens. It doesn't even close the game. I have to alt_f4 out of it.

This is exactly what I mean. It seems weird that you can scroll through a menu which you can't press enter on the items to continue. The game don't come with any instructions on how to get started, not that I have seen. So the motivation to give it an other try is not there at the moment.

Best regards SLJ.

Thumbs up

@SLJ, have you tried shift enter? The blank game had the same issue for me.

Thumbs up

That's strange, enter works fine for me. People who don't have the add on should get it, as it seems to fix other things besides numpad enter. I removed it and I couldn't activate menus, so that's what you need. Post 92 on the JGT topic. Also, here are some bugs that will be fixed in 0.3. Boosses will resist paralysis, rock and poison. The paralysis attack will no longer hit 3 times. Their shouldn't be anymore errors when entering battle. The puzzle with Trump will work correctly. I've already fixed these bugs, I'm just adding 2 more things to the game before release of 0.3. About not being able to download the latest version? Dropbox says up to date. Did you try the link in post 17 or 16? I think I fixed the one in the first post, but I might not have. Also in 0.3, you'll be able to have your second character permanintly. Hint about who it will be: you've seen it in 0.2. Second booss.

Thumbs up

0.3 is going to be out in at least 2 or 3 hours.
Additions: 2 more places with puzzles and boosses (don't know if I should call them dungeons). You will be able to get to White Lance now. As I said, the bug with Trump's puzzle and some attacks have been fixed. The only attack that I can't fix now is Thunder Bolt, witch hits like 7 times. You will get your second character, already added that. When you get that person, you will see a lot more of the story. Look back here on this post at 1 or 2 PM and it should be downloadable. Oh, and it's going to have to be shift enter for the people who don't have the addon because the link for it doesn't work. I also added a documentation and yes, it has a credits section that explains ware all the parts of the game came from.

Thumbs up

hello.can you give me the latest wersion of the blank game 1? in this link 1.6. it's not last.thanks

Thumbs up

This is the latest and final version of the Blank Game 1. Remember, I can't translate anymore and you'll need the Japanese game fix addon to make pressing enter work correctly. The current link to the addon doesn't work, and I don't have the installer. If you don't have the addon, press shift enter to move through messages and activate menus. Latest version.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ma2iqh26uoc3r … e.zip?dl=0

Thumbs up

Version 0.3 is here! Their is a documentation for the game now, and their is also a file explaining to people how they can mod the sounds if they want. You can get your second character, and the third place is 75 percent complete. And this place has multiple parts, all including different types of things for you to complete. Spoilers on next line!
One has math problems, one has a dodge game and a small booss, and one will have a maze for you to complete with hidden items plus some fights that can only be accessed when you have those items.
spoiler end.
Development time has decreased because school started up again, and school is obviously more important. Anyway, download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3s98u71ec7dp … k.zip?dl=0

Thumbs up