2017-10-16 12:41:45

So question in franchise. Are you just doing the arcade part of it, or are you able to trade players back and forth and upgrade?

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-10-16 13:02:44

Hi.
Multiple things again.
At SLJ, well, if you want me to, you could also give me the money and I could ship the game over to danmark if you don't find the time to come over here.
Well, field goal is always a miss for me, I don't know if that long rumble in the beginning means something or what I should do about it.
BTW, does someone have a guide on which decisions are available in the different part of longshot? We have the QTE's, but not the decisions.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-10-16 17:34:25

@Death: I'm playing Simple Season because right now, if I want to broadcast the best quality video I can't do it with remote play. The CPU handles all of that in that mode, though I'm not sure if I was handling the basic player stats at the end of that game.

HTH.

2017-10-16 23:01:34

Without screen reading in the menus, you can't doany of the things like trading without assistance.  My video shows how to set up the franchise so you can play the games and have the computer take care of the rest.

Follow me on twitch
http://twitch.tv/vol4life8657
Subscribe and like my video content on the Access 4 All channel!
http://youtube.com/c/access4all

2017-10-16 23:02:47

The first rumble starts the kicking meter after pressing  A/x. THe second rumble is for power and the third is for accuracy.

Follow me on twitch

2017-10-17 06:50:49

Wow. I have just played through the first half of my first preseason game with my newly created franchise, using the Oakland Raiders. Cool thing is, I am up by 3 touchdowns!

One thing that is really really really confusing me. I attempted to go into advanced play calling. From Coaches suggestions, I hit b to go to playbook, then down on the left stick three times and press A to select play type. From there, I chose a running play by going right once and pressing A and then A again to select a play. So far so good. Here is the problem. I must have accidentally hit right or something again, so now I am not sure where the heck I am in the playbook. I know from watching the video on playing first game in Franchise mode that play type remembers your last play. So, my understanding is that unfortunately, once a play is over, it doesn't default back to coach suggestions. If I ended a play in play types then I would resume the next play in play types? I assume then that if I mistakenly selected something else like formations, then I am pretty much screwed because menus appear to wrap. I have even tried OCR, but it isn't too helpful.
The part in the Madden Accessibility guide about advanced play calling does not make mention of the fact that menus don't seem to default back to coach suggestions before each play, but instead remain on the spot in the playbook you were at. Is this correct? Anyone have any quick hints to get back to the beginning of the playbook or coaches suggestion? I have even tried to pick a play and then guess where I might be in the playbook. That is a lot of wasted downs. smile

Jeremy

2017-10-18 01:07:38

Ok, so now that a full day has come and gone, I have figured out what I was doing wrong last night. Actually, it makes sense now that I think about it. I wasn't backing out all the way to the playbook screen. I used OCR to help me out, and managed to get back on-track. smile Now I can actually call running plays when I want. smile At the end of my first preseason game, score was Oakland Raiders 42 Cardinals 10. I am coaching a Raiders Franchise. This is lots of fun! smile Now actually need to get some work done at my day job before going back to week 2! smile

Jeremy

2017-10-18 14:23:55

Hi.
Ok, some things I noticed.
first: It quite sucks when in the midst of your game, the batteries on the controler are almost out of juice and the vibration is disabled, oops.
While I am currently trying to come through without vibrations and because I have quite the comfortable lead, I thought about trying out the advanced play calling for a little, and here is something I noticed.
I had the following happen to me three times already.
I received the kick off, ran it about to the 25 or so yard line. Called a quick pass from the play call, snap comes up, pass to my receiver and he just runs up the field into the opponents end zone, without any problems or defensive effort from the opposing team.
Urm, that isn't normal, is it?
Also, I have the feeling that a huge number of things are automated with the accessibilty update.
For shits and giggles, I waited till a running play comes on and I did nothing, no spin moves i mean by that, and oh look, stafford snaps the ball, hands it to abdoola, and he races up field into the end zone.
Wait, what did just happen?
I don't know what happens when you don't press any buttons when there is a pass going on, have to try that when I find new batteries.
I don't know, I feel a bit strange because I have that nervus thought that everything is automated and I would just need to call the play and kick ocasionally and otherwise sit back and relax.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-18 14:25:32

As a footnote, this happened in an online rewrite history match between the lions and saints from last sunday.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-18 14:40:25

Hmm. I have now played two games, and while I have noticed some of what you talk about, I can certainly say that I have ben sacked my share of times and have thrown my share of imcompletions. Keep in mind that most of us are playing on rookie level, so it does stand to reason that we would have more success with certain plays than if we were on a harder level. After all, if they made rookie too difficult, nobody would play. smile Sometimes in football, defences can get confused depending on what play the defence and offence calls, so it is not out of the realm of possibility you throw some big plays.

By the way, if you don't throw, you your quarterback will be taken down to the grass. Ouch! smile

And, finally, the accessibility guide did say that if you don't move the stick while running, the runningback would attempt to head for the end zone automatically.

Jeremy

2017-10-18 16:59:57

I would like to say to the whole Madden team a very special thanks for adding the rumble feature for the blind.
Last night I was able to do the punting, field goal and even the point after.
I never thought that I would ever be playing a video game after losing my sight nine years ago.
I can't wait until they add support for the screen reader for the xBox.
When they do this they will be the first main stream company to do this.

2017-10-18 22:52:46

Let me just clear a few things up.
1. You can only control one player out of 11 players on the field at a time. Thus, the automated steering is normal and was not a result of the accessibility update. It's always been there.
2. Some think the menu rumbles are a result of the accessibility update. They aren't, that's always been there.
@Simba, you must've been pretty close to the end zone and/or wide open if a defender didn't sack you if you just let your runningback go. In other words, that was a lucky touchdown.

2017-10-18 23:54:49 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-10-19 00:09:26)

I was asked for instructions on how to change difficulty levels.
From the Main Menu:
• Hold down right on dpad until you feel repeated rumbles.
• Press A/X to enter the customize Menu.
• Press down on the dpad twice to get to settings.
• Press A/X to go to Settings.
• Press A/X again to go to setting adjustments.
• Press A/X again to go to game options.
• Press down on the left stick 4 times
• Press left or right on the dpad to cycle between difficulties - which are rookie, pro, all-pro, and all-madden. Unfortunately, the menu wraps and there is currently no indication what difficulty you are currently on

I wish this had a better story and I'm pushing on getting the wrapping problems fixed.

2017-10-19 00:02:40

I just learned something on how to get past all the wrapping menus on game options.

To reset all options to their default values, do the following:

From the Main Menu:
• Press Y/Triangle to reset all settings to default
• Press left stick up once, then press A/X to accept the reset

Your default team is now patriots, your skill level is pro, and your game style is simulation.

Give me a few min to find / write the instructions again on how to set things up from there.

2017-10-19 00:43:00 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-10-19 03:08:03)

Here is a super detailed description of the game options menu, listing details on every single option.

If you are not already on the game options screen, here's how to get there from the main menu. If you just reset options, you are already there. If I put a word in [brackets] to show recommendations, do you hear it differently?

From the Main Menu:

To reset from this screen, do the following. Resetting does not make you leave the screen.

• Press Y/Triangle to reset all settings to default
• Press left stick up once, then press A/X to accept the reset
Your default team is now patriots, your skill level is pro, and your game style is simulation.

Details on game options.

The game option screen is laid out vertically with the following options and defaults. Pressing up and down on the left stick navigates between options, pressing left stick left-right cycles options. For on/off options, pressing right turns options off and pressing left turns options on.  Sliders move between 0 and 100.
• Favorite Team - Patriots
• Offensive playbook - Team Specific
• Defensive playbook - Team Specific
• Even teams (makes all teams have same ratings) - Off
• Skill level - Pro
• Game Style - Simulation
• Quarter length - 6 minutes
• Play Clock - On
• Accelerated clock (less time between pick plays and snap) - On
• Minimum Play Clock Time (the time play clock is run down to with accelerated clock) - 20 seconds
• Game Speed - Normal
• Auto-flip defensive play call - on
• Ball carrier special move - auto
• Defensive auto-strafe - on
• Defensive ball hawk (CPU moved player to auto-catch ball) - on
• Defensive heat seeker assist - on
• Defensive switch assist - on
• Coach Mode (auto-snaps ball if on) - off
• Injuries percent chance - 10
• Fatigue factor (0 is never) - 50
• Player speed parity scale (100 means every moves the same speed) - 50
• Coin toss first choice - receive
• Coin toss second choice - with wind

Here are options available for some of the cycle options, in the order they cycle using left stick pressing right, starting from default.
• Teams (top option) - Patriots, Raiders, Rams, Ravens, Redskins, Saints, Seahawks, Steelers, Texans, Titans, Vikings, Bears, Bengals, Bills, Broncos, Browns, Buccaneers, Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts, Cowboys, Dolphins, Eagles, Falcons, 49ers, Giants, Jaguars, Jets, Lions, Packers, Panthers
• Skill level (4 down) - pro, all-pro, all madden, [rookie]
• Game Style (5 down) - simulation, competitive, [arcade]
•  quarter length (6 down, all in minutes) - [6], 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
•  minimum play clock (9 down, all seconds) - 20, [25], 10, 11, 12,13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
•  game speed(10 down) - normal,  fast, very fast, [very slow], slow

For toggles, I suggest turning the following on (left on dpad left)
• even teams (3 down)
• coach mode (17 down)

2017-10-19 00:46:41 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-10-19 00:53:15)

Shout out to @Merin who's incredible skills showed up on my madden social feed. He beat a player in online head to head who ranked in the top 10% of all madden players. Very impressive :-)

And hey, I just figured out EA Trax playlist by playing around the social feeds. I'll put instructions on how to pick your music soon.

2017-10-19 02:12:18

Holey shit I did?

and I thought I sucked.  I keep getting the crud kicked out of me.

2017-10-19 04:52:51

Section EA Trax Menu Music

To get to EA Trax Menu, from the main menu:

Right-stick click to open menu.
Press RB/R1 twice to get to EA Trax

All tracks are toggled on/off by A/X and you can preview the current track only if it is toggled on by using X/Triangle.

By default, all non-instrumental tracks are selected, and all instrumental tracks are not selected. To switch entirely to instrumental tracks, repeat the following sequence until you hear instrumental music:press A/X to toggle off the current track, then press left stick down, then press X/Triangle to test if you just turned a track on. The first track you hear that's instrumental indicates you should repeat this sequence 5 more times to turn on all instrumental tracks.

If you are trying to tell if a track is on or off, in general, try pressing X/Triangle to test if it can be played. If it can't, it's off. If it can, it will start the track from the beginning.

When done setting tracks, pressing B to go back to the main menu.

2017-10-19 06:00:10

I have a quick question about something that hasn't really been mentioned here, at least to my knowledge.

When a game ends in Franchise Mode, we have the option to "upgrade" players. OCR doesn't do a great job on this screen, but I did see that on Xbox, pressing y will choose auto upgrade. From there, if I press y, there is another dialog that I think says a auto upgrade. So I press a to auto upgrade, and from using OCR again, it looks like I am put back on the upgrades screen? A bit confusing.

All that said, I am now 3-0 with my Raiders franchise. Still in preseason, but it is a start.

Jeremy

2017-10-19 06:09:18

I have franchise on my to-do list, but may not get to it for awhile. Just letting you know that I'm not ignoring you and will get to it in the near future.

2017-10-19 13:57:40

Does anyone know how to do victory formatin so that the player can take a knee?
I would like to do this when there is only a minute left on the clock.

2017-10-19 18:51:38

Hi.
I still do have some questions about certain settings in the options menu, i post these below.
• Auto-flip defensive play call - on
• Ball carrier special move - auto, is that the automatic spinn out of tackles?
• Defensive auto-strafe - on
• Defensive ball hawk (CPU moved player to auto-catch ball) - on
• Defensive heat seeker assist - on
• Defensive switch assist - on
• Coach Mode (auto-snaps ball if on) - off
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-20 03:49:20

Alright, folks, time for me to hop, skip, and jump in here, and throw out a few things.

First, I have played and completed the Longshot story mode, and have a few things to say here. I actually thought I also had a couple of corrections to the Quicktime Event guide for it, but it turns out, um, I don't. It is in fact just me who was dumb, for like 20 minutes, reading the wrong quicktime event. So... Woops. Still, I have a couple things to throw in.

1:  I absolutely have to continue to campaign for a list of the dialog choices, and probably an expanded quicktime guide if there are any significant changes to events based on those choices. What lead me to the decision to bring this up again actually isn't the fact that I don't necesarily know what choice I'm making for the big decisions. It was a little thing. The questions the coach asks you... I hated looking dumb for always picking the answer on the left even if it was wrong. Haha. So if that is ever done, we shouldn't be told which ones are right, (we should really pay attention on our own), but we should be told which option is which. Thanks!
2:  There is a significant difference between playing as Devon during Longshot and playing a regular game. That difference is more than just the fact that you strictly control Devon, it's the way passing works. In a regular game, our accessibility instructions tell us to tap the face buttons in sequence until we get a vibration indicating an open receiver. This seems to work in a regular game, but in Longshot, I eventually figured out that it does not. Devon will, in fact, throw at whichever receiver you press the button for first. This, I believe, is what lead to so, so many dropped passes for me in story mode, and initially caused my confusion about whether I had to try and catch the ball or not. It would be pretty sweet if this mechanic worked the same way universally.

3:  There is a moment in story mode, (no spoilers), where you are challenged not to throw to a certain receiver. However, the buttons the receivers are assigned is determined, I assume, based on their positions. It would be nice if, just for that moment, the receiver the challenge says not to throw to could be specially identified somehow, either with a warning rumble instead of an immediate throw, or an audio cue that warned us which one they were at the time. While I understand this might be seen as a minor concern, I believe we should have the option of completing or not completing that challenge the way a sighted player would.

4:  There are 2 points where things have to be thrown at targets in a competition-style event. I would seriously love to have an audio or rumble-based targeting system for these, as I sort of hated just tossing everything away until I could skip the event.

5:  I would also love it if this same targeting mechanic were applied to Steer the Ball quicktime moments, despite the fact that i somehow managed to complete them in story mode. It did take some trial and error, and some luck, and it'd be nice if we could have an indicator of the proper direction as we steered the ball as well.

6:  Speaking of skipping events, it should be noted that not all quicktime events are skippable. The one I got stuck on for no reason because I was looking at the wrong event was actually one of these. No matter how many times I tried it, there was only ever a retry button. Also, the moment where you throw things at targets had to be skipped with the circle button after you had failed, not by going down to skip and pressing X. Just something to toss in there.

I get that these things may take some serious work to do, but if we don't ask, they definitely won't happen. No matter what, thanks for listening, and thanks for all this. We seriously cannot thank you enough for your dedication and hard work.

2017-10-20 16:58:25

Helllo to all,
I hope to have a major  guide finished soon  for madden NFL 18, which will discuss in detail  how  things are done. A lot of the content will be from my videos, and I used Karrens information  and gave her credit for it.  Once, it's done, I'll post a link to dropbox.  THe guide has heading navigation, so you can jump to each section, and it also has links to each section. Please feel free to leave feedback as to how things are written, and if any changes need to be made.    I'll post the link when it is up, but I hope to have it up before Monday.
Thank you all for all of your feedback and input and questions. Thanks to Karren and the developers at EA for making all of this possible.
Darrell

Follow me on twitch

2017-10-20 21:43:51

Thank you for all the feedback, everyone. I need to deep dive into other games for upcoming meetings, so am going to pause on madden for the moment. I'll get back to madden after I finish preparing to meet other game teams in EA Vancouver.