2017-10-10 06:01:12 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-10-10 06:01:49)

The sequence to turn on the rumble option is here: https://www.reddit.com/user/ea_accessib … n_assists/

The problems are due to a bug, then I corrected the wrong thing and made it worse. Totally my bad, sorry.

2017-10-10 06:46:56

So lesson from someone who's been trying to fix this all day and thanks to Karren's help, just to be safe, if your rumbles are not working, start a completely new game.  I was trying to do it from an active game and, while she said it should work, it didn't.  If you're having trouble, quit your existing game and start a new one!

2017-10-10 06:53:55

To echo the post above, if your rumbles are not working as they should, exit madden entirely, either via the dashboard or by loading another game. The idea is to clear out memory to give the game a chance to load the setting properly.

2017-10-10 07:31:29

Okay, this is definetly a bug and should be fixed.
When you play a play now live game, the difficulty defaults to the pro level.  I am just about done playing the dolphans, and i"ve throne 5 interceptions.  I've tried hot roots,  I've tried mixing run and pass,  I've tried rolling away from the pocket, and nothing. Plus I think it's due tot he fact that on the titans team, most of the receivers are not that great,  so maybe it's not all my fault. THing is, is that those games you should be able to change the difficulty  on them.

Follow me on twitch
http://twitch.tv/vol4life8657
Subscribe and like my video content on the Access 4 All channel!
http://youtube.com/c/access4all

2017-10-10 07:57:43

Hi.
Congrats on releasing the accessibility patch. Wow what a huge changelog. I look so much forward to try this... I don't have much money to buy the game at the moment, but I can hopefully buy it this weekend and give it a try.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-10-10 09:20:53

Hi.
wo wo wait a second. So the patch has been released?
i can just go into retail, get the game and start playing or is this region locked somehow?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-10-10 10:17:13

@384
No, the patch shouldn't be region-locked and the Reddit version of Karen's guide works in terms of enabling the patch without sighted assistance, though you'll really have to listen for some of the UI cues.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-10-10 17:24:06

I would like to say to Karren and the EA team thanks for the hard work on making Madden accessible for the blind.
I was wondering if EA will be working on adding support for the API so that Narrator can read the menus?
Do to the fact that EA is striving to work with the blind, people that I have share with is going to be getting the game just to support EA's work.
Now if I could get a college football game that would be awesome!

2017-10-10 21:19:05

I have nothing to announce regarding menus at this time, but will share that it's not feasible to add narrator in a patch due to an engine update dependency. Thank you for your support.

2017-10-10 21:56:27

To add to that. It wouldn't be fare for XBox users to have talking menus and PS4 users left in the dust, so I'm pretty sure they probably wouldn't add it unless Sony gets some equivilent API.

2017-10-10 22:08:59

Hi.
So, we got the game, set it up successfully and i already won two games with the lions, yea for that xD.
I still have some problems with the passing play and the defence.
With passing, I get the rumble, I hit the face buttons and when I feel a slight rumble I stop tapping and hit x, I am playing on xbox.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it just fails and the pass falls incomplete.
When do I actually need to press X, right after the buzz or when?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-10 22:41:43

@Orin:
I disagree. Ever heard of exclusive content? big_smile

That being said, I'd like everything to be equal, but it probably won't happen.  I'd suggest that, until Sony tells us otherwise, that we should just face up to the harsh reality that whilst Sony is currently, according to some, winning in terms of exclusives, Microsoft have pushed the envelope and Sony haven't budged.

As a result, if any accessibility is going to happen, it'll likely happen on Xbox One or PC before it comes to PS4 if it does so at all.

I'm sorry to have to be the bringer of bad news in terms of this though.  I'd really like to not have to worry about what console has what features, but that's pretty much the way of things as I see it.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-10-10 23:38:09

@simba - that's pretty standard football behavior. Many times the opposing team will get in the way of the ball. Try Y for an aggressive catch instead of X for receive and carry. Also, odds might be slightly better if you wait a fraction of a second after the ball release rumble to press a X or Y.

2017-10-11 01:08:57

totally how football works.

I still can't kick a field goal tongue

2017-10-11 01:24:52

if you guys want to add me to xbox live my gamertag is DementedUncle

2017-10-11 07:54:17

Wow the game is expensive here. It's around 85 dollars. I'm not complaining. It'll take a while for me to save up the money for the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-10-11 10:23:09

Hi.
Haha I know that this is football behavior, I was just confused if it was an oponent or me doing something wrong.
AT EAAccessible
Wait, one second, I thought the only valid commands were X and Y to pass a catch, or do you mean by release rumble the snap to the QB?
I will possibly try the longshot mode today.
I find it pritty interesting, when I played with the lions yesturday, the comentators took reference to the Minesota game last week. Is this something like a live update or was this just a coincidence?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-10-11 15:37:31

simba wrote:

Hi.
Haha I know that this is football behavior, I was just confused if it was an oponent or me doing something wrong.
AT EAAccessible
Wait, one second, I thought the only valid commands were X and Y to pass a catch, or do you mean by release rumble the snap to the QB?
I will possibly try the longshot mode today.
I find it pritty interesting, when I played with the lions yesturday, the comentators took reference to the Minesota game last week. Is this something like a live update or was this just a coincidence?
Greetings Moritz.

yeah there are updates to the commentary every week I think. not exactly sure though.

2017-10-11 17:37:35

I understand that. I'll try the  technique of  waiting a fraction of a second to press the y button to get a catch. Do I need to hold it down, as opposed to tapping it? Also on defense, does that hold for an interception?

Follow me on twitch
http://twitch.tv/vol4life8657
Subscribe and like my video content on the Access 4 All channel!
http://youtube.com/c/access4all

2017-10-11 20:41:16

I'm going to try to refine the guide's pass plays to something more clear. I also double-checked with the game play team.

Pass plays. You will feel a long rumble if it is a pass play. Tap all of the following repeatedly until you feel a rumble: A/X, B/circle, X/square, Y/triangle. In the game, icons appear over each player’s head the first time they are open for a pass. By tapping all the buttons, you are ensuring that the player is open as early as possible. There is no guarantee that a player will remain open. Once you feel the rumble, the ball is in the air and you must immediately stop tapping. Press X/square to attempt to grab catch the ball and run towards the goal, press Y/triangle if you want to attempt to aggressively catch for greater odds of obtaining the ball. It does not matter how long you press the button for catching the ball, or exactly when you press it - the ball simply has to be in the air. Once the passed ball is caught, ball carrier rules apply.

2017-10-11 20:42:54

Defense

Press A/X to pick the suggested play. You will feel a rumble when the quarterback snaps the ball, but it is the same rumble for all types of plays. If you feel another rumble right after this, then the ball was passed and is in the air. Try pressing Y to block it, but only after the ball is in the air. Swap players using B/Circle and press A/X if you feel a rumble to engage offense players or tackle the ball carrier. Defense rules otherwise apply.

2017-10-11 20:47:14 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-10-11 20:47:35)

simba - Commentary updates constantly.

SLJ - I don't know where you live, but there are multiple versions of madden. The GOAT (greatest of all time) edition is more expensive. In the US, you can get standard for 50 on amazon or 60 digital download on xbox live. The goat edition is 80 and comes with extra madden ultimate team virtual cards.

2017-10-11 22:33:28

Quitting on end of game.

After the game is completed, return to the current mode's menu by doing the following. On the left stick, press down, then left. Press A/X to quit.

If this was a play now live game, you will then be asked if you'd like to continue franchise. Press A/X to continue or move the left stick down one then press A/X to return to the mode menu.

2017-10-11 22:35:51

Two questions because I'm already incredibly hooked. First of all is franchise mode playable? Secondly is play now the best option if I just want to play a casual game with my favorite team?

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-10-11 22:46:20

@death I believe several people here have started franchise, and I think Addolis has some audible tutorials of how to play. I haven't gotten to that section of the guide yet. Play now is a great way to casually play with your favorite team.

@Addolis - do you have a link to your franchise tutorial?