2017-10-02 21:36:05 (edited by assault_freak 2017-10-03 10:23:23)

Not if you don't ask specifically for what you want to know. otherwise, this is what you want.
http://ki.infil.net/

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-10-03 00:33:14

@26
I've sent you a PM

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-10-03 02:03:46

My apologies. I really am digging myself a grave of annoyance, aren't I? Anyhow, I would like to say, I have just tried the game again, with some of the tips recommended on the page. My questions remain, what do some of the buttons do? How do I have access to the shadow meter and such? Let me rephrase... does it go x, y, RB and LP, MP, and HP respectively? Secondly, I read an article by Zachary Quarles, I think that was the correct name, and he said there is a way to set so you can hear the "tripple" or "Ultra combo" sound in your left ear or right. How do I set this? Thank you so much for your patience, I know how trying I can be on it.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-10-03 09:11:39

As much as I'm trying to be civil about this, I really don't understand how you haven't looked around for other information on the game before asking on this forum about very basic elements (like the fact that Shadow Meter is a gague that fills by blocking attacks, performing meter enders if your character has them, or sometimes even being comboed by an opponent).

Controls:
light punch=x
medium punch=y
heavy punch=rb
light kick=a
medium kick=b
heavy kick=rt
3p=lb
3k=lt
These last two for ultras

As for what you wree saying about being able to hear different announcements in the left or right ear, I genuinely have no idea where you got that from, as that is not a thing you can do.  You're probably getting confused with the HUD volume slider that allows for you to tell how much you can do before your combo blows out, which is played either on the left or right side of the screen depending on which player is doing the comboing.

Hope that helps and I hope you get your head round the game soon.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-10-03 12:24:50

I understand your frustrations. As I said, I am a very annoying person... or that is me just being cynical about myself. The point is, I have tried to search around somewhat, and I found it slightly harder to find things on the web than I did here. I'll try tightening up my search terms, but for some reason it appeared to me as if most of Killer Instinct's info was on Wikia or Youtube. I'll keep trying though. And I did check your own review or walkthrough, whichever you call it, and I skimmed it a bit more than I should have, but I'll take another look.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-10-03 12:50:11

I would suggest not using the link given above, instead going to ki.infil.net.  That address will give far more information as the link given above is incomplete and will most likely never be completed.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-10-03 12:56:27

Oh, shadow lords is not playable? so bad, really soooo bad. It's sad as I expected this to be fully playable like my favourite Skullgirls which is the best example of how accessibility should be done. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-10-04 20:05:48

@32
From my own experience, I'd say this is what you might term as hard and fast truth of the game industry number 1: with accessibility, don't expect things to be like the ideal standard (i.e. KI to be like Skullgirls in this case).

Reason behind this?  It'll help your levels of disappointment keep to a relative minimum.  If I expected every fighting game I played to be as playable as Skullgirls, I'd be very disappointed right now.

Also, devs know about the mode not being playable.  Whether anything will change, we'll see.

I hope you enjoy the game though, regardless.  The main point of the game is the fighting, not SL (though SL is a sumpliment).

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-10-04 21:24:31

Hello,
  I have started reading my way through the kiddinfilddnet guide and I've already compiled a few questions into a list and will qst them here when I am finished.

2017-10-04 22:41:42

Hi.
Ok, luckyly I got my way around the game and keeping up with the happenings on the screen, at leased on the lower difficulty settings, currently not feeling ready for competitive tournaments though.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-10-05 05:02:04

I just realized my spelling mistake... I was typing on a braille display, my apologies.

2017-10-05 06:38:24

@33:
Of course I am enjoyig it but for me actually every game should contain something like SG where I can just get my gamepad and do EVERYTHING on my own including knowig the menus, options, complete the tutorials or see the online lobbies, player nicks, number of wins and so on.
For me it's standard or well, it should be and my hope is it will be like that in the future.
Sadly, in KI (which is really avesome) I need to research a lot, ask, ask and ask to get menus, to learn the characters I need to read FAQs or do it on my own spending tons of time on something I could have in the tutorial lessons.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-10-05 08:08:21

Well, to be fair... most fighting games have always been that way. so the fact that KI is like that isn't that big of a deal to me... and yes, I too agree this should be standard, but it isn't, so we need to work with what's there. Skullgirls is more the exception than what is normal.

2017-10-06 06:19:57

I've just bought the Definitive Edition, and I have to say I'm doing decently... I'm going to have to learn the sounds and such, but that's no different from any other fighting game. Would you guys recommend using a headset for this game? I think it might help. I didn't really need one for MK or Injustice.

2017-10-06 09:11:51

For best results, a headset is always better.

2017-10-06 19:36:25

Hello. So, I've taken a momentary break from reading the guide to pause and ask some questions. I've compiled some in a text document and am pasting them below.

1. In the beginning of the special moves section, it spoke of a shoryuken motion when putting in special moves. What is the shoryuken motion?
2. In this game, do move inputs change based on the side of the screen you are on, as in Mortal Kombat?
3. When reading the character's page, I saw that some moves said, for example, down, downfront, front. Is this an actual button input or is this just the way the page is laid out?
4. As I understand it, specials don't work the same as in Mortal Kombat. There is the same directional button press, but then you either press HP, LP, MP, HK, MK, or LK for varying strengths? Or is that only when they're linkers?
5. This question I did indeed Google first and got very inconclusive answers: Is it at all possible to play this game without an Internet connection? From the message it first displays when the game is loading up the menus, I doubted it would be, but I have to ask out of curiosity.

Thank you.

2017-10-06 19:48:00

1. the shoryuken motion is a rolling motion. It starts with pressing forward, then down, then down+forward and back to forward. In the arcade stick experience it would be like circling from forward to down then back to forward.
2. In every fighting game move inputs change depending on what side of the screen you are on.. this is universal.
3. This is the same thing as directional button presses in mortal kombat... down, down forward, forward is also known as a quarter circle forward or fireball motion.
4. Specials do work the same way as they do in mortal kombat with directional presses followed by a button. The button presses are for strengths, yes, the only thing different about using them in linkers is that if you use the heavy version with hp or hk certain moves become ender, but not all.
5. You can.

These answers are all in the complete killer instinct guide I posted, fyi.

2017-10-06 19:56:53 (edited by CritterPup 2017-10-06 19:59:47)

Like I said I'm not fully done yet, and some of the way things are worded are confusing. I'm currently on the Enders, KV Meter and Ultras Chapter. I'm getting there. Also, in the guide, they use a lot of Street Fighter references and I am not familiar with that game to a large extent.

2017-10-06 20:14:35

@43
I'll be honest, that's what turned me off of using that guide full time - it was originally called something along the lines of "a Killer Instinct guide for Street Fighter players" which is why there's so many references to that game.

To clarify what Assault said, the Shoryuken (which you might also hear refered to as a DP after the term Dragon Punch) can be achieved on pad by pressing forward, down, forward and then a button.  Getting this motion consistently is tricky at first but once you get the hang of it, you should be fine.

The game can be played offline, as shown by the Season 1 Killer Instinct retail game (which I played as an experiment and actually enjoyed), but I've never really tried playing the game offline myself.  The Steam version might be fine.  How are you completing the game's dojo?  Or are you on about the chapters in the guide rather than the dojo?

I wish you luck with this game.  Combo assist mode might help you hit confirm into combos, which is partially what I use it for.  If you have other people tell you it's pointless etc, just do what you feel is right, not what they say - I can play with it off, but I choose not to as it makes my strategic part of my gameplan a little less frustrating.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.

2017-10-06 21:12:38

I've actually only done single fights lately. (And, as a side note, I love the fact that in the post-match menu, if you move back and forth the menu select sounds make the KI theme!) And by chapters, I mean the guide that's writen. Sightless, would you recommend the guide for a moves list or should I go somewhere else? As for the dojo, I'm planning on having a bunch of friends over tonight to play, and they'll probably help.

2017-10-06 21:16:59

Which street fighter references are you talking about? Fundamentally, it's because most players who are into fighting games at least know street fighter basics like the super meter, punch and kick strengths, motions, etc. Good luck on figuring the rest out... and I'll answer what I can.

2017-10-06 21:36:31

The reason I'm not terribly familiar with SF is due to the fact I started out with MK and a touch of Tekken 6. I do know about super moves, but the game just never appealed to me. I had SFIV on my 360 but I never could stay into it. SF it Tekken was another one I tried. But KI is the only other fighting game besides MK and Injustice to catch my interest, and I might just try DOA again.

2017-10-06 21:53:58

Not saying it has to appeal to you, just explaining why most fighting game references pick Street Fighter as their game to refer to when they need to compare something, since without Street Fighter 2, fighting games would not be where they are today. The combo system is what turns people off... because unlike MK, KI and others, you can't just tap buttons and have things come out.

2017-10-06 23:55:32

I understand. I suppose I should look into more games like that, though... my games of fighting are not all that great, I'm somewhat ashamed to admit. I tend to repeat combos a lot and I rarely play above medium difficulty.

2017-10-07 02:59:44

I'm sorry to be posting so much, but would someone direct me to a halfway decent moves list? I looked on Google, and I couldn't really find any conclusive ones... the Event Hubs one is just so confusing. I hate to sound so helpless, but after getting thoroughly whooped by my friend's Omen... I need some edge.