2017-08-03 20:51:24

Hi all, so as the topic Title implies, I wonder if it would be possible to make a game similar to the Chase, I recently started watching it with my mom, unfortunately the game version on IOS and Android isn't available in my country.
Now, I know that there are trivia games like Jim Kitchen's trivia game witch is awesome, but I was wondering if one can make a game witch works on the same principles like the Chase, i.e, a cash building stage, where the player has to build up cash in a specified time range, then higher and lower offers proposed by the chaser, the chase, where a player must answer multiple choice questions without making too many mistakes, and then the final chase, where the player tries to keep their earnings by choosing a set of questions and the chaser gets the second set. The player must answer as much questions from the set in 2 minutes, the max is 24 and the chaser tries to do the same.
I am not saying that the idea I have must be exactly like the mentioned game, but it would be cool nonetheless, it can teach us a lot just by answering general knowledge questions, so I thought of putting it out here.
Note: I am not that good in programming yet, and finding sound effects for such a game is no easy task, so this is just an idea for now.
If anyone agrees with my idea, or can give feedback or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for reading this long winded post.
Have a nice day all.

2017-08-04 07:57:45

Hi.
Shit, you also have that show over at your place? I thought it would be just a german gameshow xd.
But yeah I agree, something like that would be cool, even though with the timelimmit, it would be difficult for voice over users to check all the answers, and at leased in the gameshow over here, they don't use the multiple choice version, but you have to answer the question freely, I don't know how you want to do that when you have to type, something like a bluetooth keyboard would be a must for such a game.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-08-04 09:18:43

Yeah, I agree, well, I think I'll try it on Windows first, let's say, a question is asked, then I'll put a timer in called typing timer, witch is a little slower than the normal one, so that it gives you time to type your answer, not too slow, but just enough that fast typers can type in an answer, so it's all about speed. Thanks for your answer, I appreciate it.

2017-08-04 09:45:33

Hi, this is not a hard game to make at all.
have a menu with the question list, let the user select the question list, make the answer a string and if the input matches the string that is the answer, make the user select another question from the menu with the question list!

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-08-04 09:51:21

Hi.
We have quiz parti on play room.
Is something like a game you want.
Give it a try!

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-08-04 09:56:41

Okay, but the thing is, the game must have an AI, witch you play against, so he/she must be able to answer questions as well, and if he/she catches up with you, you are out of the game.

2017-08-04 10:17:28

I will check it out Angel, thanks for the suggestion smile.

2017-08-05 18:37:23

Hi, Donavin and i are working on a game.
It is going to be like a quiz type of game, where most of the elements work with menus.
you will have a menu, with questions, and you will have to select the right answer for that type of question.
you will have only a certain amount of time to answer all of them.
and you get points based on that

best regards

2017-08-05 19:19:37

I like this tipe of games, we have one, but it is with no time limit.
It is called freedom milionaire and is one like that, but onli in romanian called pontes milionaire.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-08-05 20:18:25

Ok, a quieck update!
we already added 2 questions, and we implemented the menu based answering system.
let's say the question is "what is 1+1?", and then you press enter!
then there are a list of options that are available as answers.
if you answered the correct 1, then a dialogue box followed by a sound apear's telling you that the answer is correct!
well, if it is wrong, the same thing.
we also plan on adding some stats to the game like points, menu music volume and so on.
there will also be the file that keeps all your data, so no need to worry!
if you just keep a coppy of your data file, and you get a new computer, and you decide to download this game if it is even going to be released, you can just coppy the data file in the game folder and you are good to go!

best regards