2017-08-03 13:28:13

Hi guys. I have some concerns buying online games for example swamp or bk 3 dictionary. I have a bank account or let's say, ATM from my scholarship and I am thinking of buying swamp or bk3 translation dictionary. However I don't know the procedure. To those who has experience buying from the internet, how will you do it? What are the process? I've heard about pay pal. Do you have to sign up for you to buy those games?

2017-08-03 15:25:17

Hi.
Well for example with paypal, you first have to creat an account there, this is your PayPal account where you can put money into, either by transfering money via your credit card or doing a normal bank transfer from your existing bankaccount.
i don't know if you can do the following procedure where you live, but for example in germany you have the possibility to connect your bank account to your PayPal, so if you want to buy something on the internet, you don't need to check if the balance on your PayPal is enough, because when you pay with your connected bank account, PayPal will withdraw the money and send it to the developer or person, when you check your banking history, it will come up as a PayPal transfer.
if you have money on your account, let's say 10 dollars and you would want to buy something for 25, the system would withdraw the 10 dollars from the PayPal and 15 dollars from the bank account, you could also change that that you keep the 10 dollars and 265 are deducted from your bank account.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-08-03 15:42:22

Moderation!

I will move this topic to general game discussion since it is related to games as well as payment methods.

@Chris, there are two main payment systems that are in place for buying games across the internet.
The most frequently  is the money transfer service paypal.

To use Paypal you need to create a paypal account, for which you will need an email address, and possibly a street address and your name.
You can then send money in several ways.

first, if you have a debit card you can attach this to paypal, second you can directly allow paypal to take cash out of your bank, or third you can use a credit card with Paypal.
That was the option I used myself up until recently, because I did not want my bank account details on the internet, however paypal are now charging rather large commission for credit card transfers so that isn't a good way around.

Once you have setup either  debit card or bank to work with paypal you can either allow paypal to debit your bank directly with a transfer, or add money to your paypal balance as Simba described.
Note that even if you use a paypal balance and exceed it, eg, if you had ten dollars on your paypal balance and bought something for 20, you would still have ten dollars debited from your bank anyway which doesn't make the balance as useful, unless your actually receiving ppayments, though Paypal also will refund false payments pretty dam quickly and the security is extremely good so you don't need to worry too much about giving paypal access to your bank.

Some places (including Ios), don't use paypal and directly require you to have a credit card, which you should be able to get from your bank.
I would personally not advise doing any complicated credit card deals which lend you lodes of money and to keep your limit low, indeed myself I only! use my credit card on the internet and to buy things like train tickets and always pay it off as soon as I've used it.

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-08-03 17:29:33

hi.
At dark this is not true anymore, about two weeks ago apple introduced PayPal to iOS, I already connected it to my iTunes account and it works very great.
Greetings Moritz

2017-08-03 23:09:42

Ah that is cool Simba. I will need to look into my own Ios account soon because my credit card is about to expire so I might consider using paypal then instead of the new card.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-08-04 07:55:38

Hi.
Thing is that you might not see it in the appstore or your settings yet where you normaly set up your payment methods. If that's so, go to.
http://appleid.apple.com
That's how it worked in the end for me.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-08-06 15:36:28

Hmm, that might be, I don't know how quick they are roling out the feature, guess you have to check over the coming days and weeks.
Greetings Moritz.