Hello,
I'm looking for an accessible Python Editor to be understood by the thread.
I'm not sure about Python's own editor works well with JFW. I know I can find a better and useful editor than notepad. LOL
Thanks!

Thumbs up

There's always Eclipse, although I don't know whether it's accessible with JAWS.

And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.
Isaiah 42:16

Thumbs up

I'm also a JAWS user and my go to editor for programming is Notepad++. It's free and it has a lot of features specifically for dealing with source code, though some features like key word highlighting have limited value to a blind user.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Thumbs up

4 (edited by snape 2017-07-31 11:51:11)

Orko wrote:

I'm also a JAWS user and my go to editor for programming is Notepad++. It's free and it has a lot of features specifically for dealing with source code, though some features like key word highlighting have limited value to a blind user.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Can you handle indendation in Notepad++? Does the NPP do it automatically or you must figure out manuel?

Thumbs up

I think notepad++ has an automatic indentation option in the preferences dialog box.

And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

Thumbs up

Yes. Notepad++ has auto indentation.

Thumbs up

Hi snape!
you can use ed sharp if you want to
try searching in google and I hope you'll surely find it.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

Thumbs up

I don't think EdSharp has autoindent, though.

Thumbs up

I like visual studio with python because i can use code completion and manage indentation quite easily. Also i'm using the python profiler with it (sometimes it is a bit buggy). The only disadvantage is, that you cannot use cython with it.

Thumbs up

I am using visual studio code from microsoft as a light version.
I like it alot. I believe accessibility fixes are introduced from time to time.

Thumbs up