2017-07-13 18:29:22 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-07-13 18:31:01)

Your e-mails are definitely having an impact on changing perceptions. Keep those e-mails coming as you think of things. Listing titles is very powerful, as it prevents the "they don't mean me" reaction. It's perfectly fine if you are repeating something you think that has already been said, each additional person wanting something makes it far more likely to get traction.

Keep e-mailing [email protected]

Thanks,

Karen Stevens

2017-07-14 01:49:48

thank you, that means a lot to hear that.
I have to admit, as a life long star wars fan, the ability to play a star wars game along side my friends would be a dream come true.

2017-07-14 15:14:11

This is the kind of devotion I love to see from developers, and while I honestly have no idea what this is about, I'm definitely willing to try whatever it is in order to hopefully, present constructive criticism and productive input.  In return, as a moderator of this website devoted to gaming through sound, I thank you for your time and encouraging words.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-07-14 18:36:31 (edited by sightlessHorseman 2017-07-14 18:38:13)

Hi.
the following is not to be taken as an offence, or down right critique about the project, but I have a question to ea accessible.
what convinced the Madden NFL department to make a game like madden NFL, a game selling millions and millions of coppies each year and that just racks in huge amounds of cash in evrye year to make this game accessible to a player base which might just be a few hundred people small accessible? I would jump with joy if I can finally play a game from this series, but would it really make such a difference to EA if we also can play their games?
It quite baffles me that a big developer like this comes over and asks for are feedback about this game, I can't just get my head around that fact.
I also E-Mailed them my ideas, I hope I could help.
Again, this is not offensive, I just want an honest answer.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-07-15 02:11:46

I'd love to see the possibility of the Harry Potter series of games be made as accessible as possible to the Blind/VI community. It may not even be possible, but, Just think of the way this would change the way a Blind/VI person plays the main stream games already.

2017-07-15 03:22:44

I mean, the first Harry Potter game for PS1 used lots of audio cues and some easily sonified visual cues, like the differently-colored sparkles to indicate targets for specific spells. At the same time, it's also a 3d platformer with timed puzzles. I know these can be made playable via just audio, but realistically, that brings us back to Dagonite's "develop a generalizable accessibility API" idea.
But yeah, I think I'm in agreement with everyone who's posted here so far.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-07-24 18:38:08 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-07-24 18:43:49)

Apologies for the delay, I was out on vacation last week. Let me take off my employee hat for a min and explain my personal motivation. Simply, you all matter and have as much right to game as anyone. I'm disabled too and it drives me nuts when people hit road blocks that shouldn't exist. I want to fix this wherever I can.

Accessibility settings help abled people as well, so there really is no good excuse not to have them, in my opinion. I'm slowly convincing management of the same, and each piece of feedback I get is furthering the cause. They had no idea that blind gamers existed before I started pushing, and they found all the forwarded messages quite eye opening. As an employee, I can't tell you details, nor can make promises, but I will say that the community feedback is having an impact, and I deeply appreciate all emails sent.

Thanks again,

Karen Stevens

2017-07-25 02:39:25

Well as a pc user not console as such, if I could play any ea title created with my friends or online or in offline mode with standard keyboard or if need be the need of a gamepad or mouse or something and could do it accessibly, audio cues, more voices, screenreader support be able to find objects and target things, and be on the level that would rock.
I'd be interested in testing anything for the pc ofcause.
Console wize I'd like all consoles to be accessible to all of them and the games from menus to the game play.
Its nice when this sort of grassroots action comes from someone that is able to be employed by a company such as this.

2017-07-25 05:13:51

its pretty incredible and i thank you for your assistance in spreading the possibilities of accessibility audio in mainstream games.

2017-07-26 05:08:54

I appreciate you sharing this forum. Cool. Behner

2017-07-26 05:10:00

I appreciate you sharing this forum. Cool. Behner