2017-08-03 20:08:29

Hi!
So I don't know if this is me, my phone, or both. I have had no successes in taking barcode scans. I hear the beeping get faster and faster, but the closer I move to the bar code, the harder it is for me to focus on it, which means that I have to go back up and do it all over. I'm not sure if it's because the barcode is too small, if it is due to the camera on my iPhone 5SE, or simply me not doing it correctly. Has anyone found a way to work around this?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-08-03 21:41:20

I'm also using an iPhone SE and while testing the app had no problems with the bar code scanner.

When I'm at home my primary device for scanning bar codes and identifying products is an ID Mate Galaxy, so Seeing AI's bar code scanner will only get used when I'm away from home, so it ends up not getting much use.

2017-08-03 23:49:10

So my question is, what have you done differently that I'm not doing? I've been trying to get it to recognise barcodes for the last month with no success.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-08-04 01:49:51

AS best I can recall, when I hear that it sees a bar code, I stop moving so it can focus on the bar code to read it .

My understanding is the higher the pitch the closer it is to a successful read and that its only when the pitch stops rising that you need to move to bring the bar code into a position where the app can better see it.

2017-08-04 11:34:11

So, does barcode scanning not work on an iphone5s with the latest version of IOS installed? I didn't look that much, somewhere else in the app but I couldn't find any channel to do that as i have person, seen/bet, document or short text.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-08-04 14:48:56

It does, the channels I have are, Short text, document, product, and scenes beta. My phone is a 64 GB iPhone SE running iOS 10.3.3.