2017-07-08 02:52:48

Hi All,

At times, I need a timer for my PC to time simple things. Are there any accessible ones that you can suggest? Thanks in advance.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-07-08 04:04:04

I have one I use regularly.
www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/
Look for Time Reminder 2.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-07-08 13:30:58 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2017-07-08 13:36:49)

Can I set it for times in seconds? Also, how do I operate it?

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-07-08 15:28:45

Yes you can set it for seconds.

When you run it, as long as the window has focus you can just type to set it.  Typing Help lists the commands.  Not like you'd ever need it, but you can have up to 50 timers set at once (within the same program).  You can set alarms for a relative amount of time, for a specific time of the day, or set it to chime periodically.

It is as easy as typing "in 2h40m" to set an alarm that will go off in 2 hours and 40 minutes.  If you don't want to forget about some place you need to be, you can type "at 8:45 pm" for an alarm that will sound at 8:45 this evening.  You can also say, for example, remember to check on something every 10 minutes by typing "every 10m".

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-07-08 22:18:53 (edited by Draq 2017-07-08 22:41:27)

This thing is neat.

There are only two issues that I'm aware of. Orders and say marks don't seem to speak. They just ding. Setting a custom alarm doesn't seem to work either. even when a .wav file is in the folder, it just dings.

2017-07-09 03:22:52

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about orders and say marks.  Can I have an example?
When it comes to custom alarms, I haven't used that feature in so long that I forgot it even existed, lol.  I'm not sure what the problem would be, though sometimes wav files are saved in a bitrate that doesn't get along well with the program.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-07-09 04:24:30

When you type orders, it's supposed to list all alarms along with a number. That way you can delete 1 and so on. Say marks is supposed to list all marks, with say mark number showing you how much time has elapsed since that mark was set.

Both order and say marks/mark trigger the Windows ding sound just like all commands do, but there's no speech if there are any orders/marks to list.

I'll play around with bitrates and see if I can get the wav thing to work.

2017-07-09 04:59:13

Aha. The problem with custom sounds is spacing. I was putting a space before the file name. No spaces and it works. The bitrate doesn't seem to matter as long as it's wav.