2017-07-06 17:47:56

Hi.
I want to discus in this topic about these note teakers.
I did not have one but I want to buy.
I do not want this touch thing.
I want one for plaing games in gw basic and for taking notes in the school.
Can you tell me the design, the impresions and some prices please?
Thanks in advance.
smile

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-07-06 17:57:29

Just out of interest Angel,  why have a note taker rather than a laptop?
I used a laptop in school and then university for years. Great for taking notes, and also could do most everything a  desktop pc could do, indeed I just bought myself a new (or at least  good quality reconditioned), windows 10 laptop the other day for occasions when I'm away from my flat and my desktop, which now has Nvda on it and cost me a flat hundred and fifty squid.
I'll  use it to get work done, play games, and yes take notes when I need to.

No, I wouldn't want to do that on my IPhone, but equally I wouldn't want to pay ten times the price for a custom designed accessibility device with less functionality than a conventional laptop either.

hell, even if you still wanted the braille display function of a note taker I'm still fairly sure you could get a laptop, screen reader and braille display for cheaper than the custom note takers cost these days, as well as have more flexibility.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-06 18:06:52

I want a note teaker because I am using a laptop in school and I will buy a new one in a month.
But these are good for historical porposes, for games in gw basic, for braille display and it is more portable than my new laptop.
I do not want these new note teakers.
I want an old one to play things writed in gw basic.
I can not find a laptop application accesible enough to play these and talking dosbox is unusable on my laptop with 8 gb of ram.
This is the old one from 2009 but it is upgraded.

2017-07-06 19:08:16

Hmm, 8 gb of ram should be more than enough for talking dosbox. Why do you think it is unusable? Do you get some specific error messages?

2017-07-06 20:39:36

My computer simpli crash, when the dosbox starts, my voice get blocked and it sounds like brrrr or something like that and I need to turn it off after some minutes with the power button.

2017-07-09 01:55:17

Hmmm. I haven't encountered that problem, but I do have trouble running any of the GW Basic games in Talking Dosbox. Regular applications work fine, but for some reason GW Basic programs refuse to start. Anyway, have you tried installing Com0Com so that you can use the ASAP synth? I've found that that's the only one that works with any hint of reliability. Flipper is a joke, and JAWS works ok until you try and actually launch a program, at which point the whole thing goes silent and you have to exit Dosbox. So definitely try using ASAP if you haven't already. Not sure what your problem could be if you have already tried that, though.

To answer the actual question you asked, though, you'd be looking for something like a Braille 'n' Speak or Braille Lite to run basic applications. It's true that you can find them for decent prices if you know where to look, but it's definitely a gamble on whether you'll get a functional product or not.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.