2017-07-05 00:29:25 (edited by Caccio72 2017-07-05 00:55:50)

Hi there again Shrike!

Unfortunately I never owned, nor plan to own any IOS based device, traditional desktop computers always managed, and hopefully will manage to totally satisfy my game expectations.
I will feel glad to be of assistence, since it seems we really share both the general taste, and the approach to (expectation from) games, but you can count on me only in the PC Windows games topic.

For example, I can, and will explain you that minor issue when creating boxers in WEBL:
Yes, there is indeed such an unpleasent problem during the creation, and it's probably the only slight annoyance for us screen-reader users in that game.
However, there is a way to overcome it, here is the way how I do it:
At the start, the boxer creator functions "normally", but later it somehow starts "ignoring" the changing, editing numeric values, meaning the boxer's numeric stats, and if you press "backspace" key to delete a number, and you press it more than once, it indeed drops you back to the startup page, requiring a login again to continue.
Now, what you must pay attention to avoid this is the following: when you activate the value you wish to edit by "enter", and then press "backspace" to delete it, do it only once!
So don't rush, press it only once, and then you are supposed to hear the value of the last number you deleted.
If you hear it announced by your screen reader, then it's ok, the boxer creator is still functioning right, but even then keep up with pressing "backspace" only once each time, since pressing it more times then needed, will still drop you back to the login page again.
Now the important part: the very moment you stop hearing the number you were supposed to delete, stop, press "backspace" no more, by no means, but press "escape" instead, which will abort the current value-editing process, but you will still remain inside of the boxer creator.
Then, you will have to start editing your boxer's desired, chosen values "semi-manually", which involves finding the "plus" and/or the "minus" next to the numeric value of the attribute.
Don't worry, it's very easy, just go symbol-by-symbol, using the direction left/right arrow keys, and you will find the plus for increasing, and minus for decreasing right after the numeric value of the targeted attribute.
When you found them, just press "space" or "enter" on the one you choose, and the value will get increased, or decreased by 1, so you just do it until it will fit your choice.
The rest you know: just go down to the total points number, check if it equals the required 70, and if yes, then you can create the boxer with the "create" command, just "space" or "enter" on it!

Hope I could be of help!

Edit:
Oh yeah, one more important advice: in case you created a boxer, and intend to create another one right after it, don't jusst jump a page back, especially when you noticed, that the boxer-creator is already functioning buggy, but scrol, that is "page up" back to the "create new fighter" option, and start it over instead, then the creator will usually function the "right way" again.

2017-07-05 12:42:34

thanks caccio,

will try that when I get back from my mini break in 2 days.

2017-07-06 13:06:01

Oh yeah Shrike, there is one last thing in the boxer-creator you should be aware of:
Don't know if boxer's weight is editable by default, but its value cannot be directly set with screen-reader.
However, this causes no significant problem, since by adjusting other attributes which affect weight, like strength, agility, height, build, and weight-class, you can easily bring your boxer to the desired weight.
You can also pick one of the predefined boxer-types, (which are listed right below the attributes, then the weight will be adjusted to that type's ideal one, but some other attributes will be altered too, so in that case you will probably wish to make additional adjustments.
Those preset boxer-types are still quite useful, since they provide us with clues about the most common boxing strategies, meaning which builds, atributes, and skills are the most important, and recommended for each type, so I am still frequently using them by boxer-creation.

2017-07-10 17:24:50

hello guys) just wanna give you some info that may help you a bit)
but firstly, thank you guys for creating such a good topic and posting lings to such a cool games!
so, i've tried out webl and b2g already, and i prefer the second one. just because you don't have your own superstar with exact stats you want. instead you get what the game generates, and you have to work with given fighters somehow, you have to figure out, which way is better for each of them. i like it much more, because when you create a fighter, you begin to read forums, guides et, and all of this gives you some ideal build examples and training plans that you will follow just because you don't wanna loose or ruin your fighter. but it's just my opinion.
for me b2g looks much more alive with all this fighters' traits and relationships and experience... this things make them so individual for me, i like it much!
and the main reason i'm writing this because for me b2g has nothing inaccesible for screenreaders, it's fully playable, answering post 8. so, i'm waiting for ya there, guys, please, don't think that b2g is less playable or worse than webl.
gonna try MMATycoon out. i got your hint about the sliders, but i read some topics on their forum, and someone wrote about a cellphone mode which allows you to input some number values instead of dragging sliders. so, i'm going to register and check it out. i'll tell you about the result if you need it.

we are the strongest! we are the weapon of the force! we are one!
my name is darth scorp!

2017-07-11 13:55:50

well I have created 5 fighters,   no idea who they will be fighting and when, it just says will find an opponent within a week.

I had 1 sparring session whereby my boxer Mustapha poo was beaten to a pulp 11 of the 12 rounds, and what I noticed between rounds is that all the fight instructions were set to 6, you should be avle to give instructions before each round, having to complete a whole 12 rounds of a fight before it starts is stupid, as the fight can change per round, also if a fighter gets knocked out in round 2 it was all for nothing anyway.

Caccio, have you any fights yet? also do you set each rounds tactics? it would take forever heh

2017-07-13 02:54:57 (edited by Caccio72 2017-07-13 03:33:21)

Well, to answer to both of you, 1st what I experienced when I started playing B2G:
(since I have given it up quite soon, I admit,my observations may not be totally correct, but they still bugged me enough to decide for WEBL when comparing those 2 games, since I encountered none of those annoying issues there)
Namely, there are some important, I presume vital statistics regarding my, and the opponent's boxer in B2G, which are compared in a graphical way, I guess probably with color-bars, and that's something my NVDA screen-reader refuses to announce, meaning those statistic-values for the next, incoming match.
Furthermore, I also noticed a slider there, which appears during the match, a.k.a. fight itself, and which is supposed to drag the main strategic settings of my boxer between rounds, meaning the 3 vital settings called aggression, power, and defense.
Although once I managed to drag that slider somehow towards a direction, shifting the allocation of those 3 settings, it is very hard for me to handle it, don't even have a clue how I still managed to move that slider, and besides, I dislike the idea to adjust my leading strategy in "real time", between the rounds, with a severe time-limitation-rush, especially due much more preferring to just relax, and comfortably watch the match at my own selected pace, and let it depend on my more, or less clever tactical settings I planned, and calculated before it, by considering my next opponent, meaning estimating our boxer's strenghts and weaknesses, determining my possible advantages and disadvantages, and create a fight-plan, (called gameplan in WEBL), accordingly, then just watch how my calculations work out during the match...it's actually a kind of strategic, and tactical battle, but not in real time, more like one consisting of "planning", and "playing" phase...that was always my favorite strategic approach in games, just think, plan, take your time, then fight, to determine who has constructed a more clever, more efficient, more "failproof" strategy and/or tactics.
That is the leading reason why I decided for WEBL, it is totally based in the just mentioned type of strategic approach, instead of setting vital elements in real time while fighting...after all one can't always be online, by his boxer's every single match...
Another reason was the boxer creation, which you mentioned as a hinderance, it is actually an advantage for me:
Instead of already predefined boxer, with already predefined attributes and stats, who you have to lead through his career, which looks somehow like some pregenerated quest to me, (which I generally dislike, I get to create my very own boxers, with their very own names and attributes, normally still with a strictly fixed, constant end-sum of all the attributes for each new boxer, in order to keep the game balanced and fair. (that number is set to 70 btw, so it's not true at all, that one can make some truely OP boxers at his will, on the contrary, one must decide which attributes he will increase more, normally at the behalf of the rest ones which he will have to decrease then instead)
Well, such a customizable creation, suits much more to my game-expectation, which are primarily based on totally independent, free , creative gameplay, without restricted or limited in any way, (like by game-currency in B2G), and without being given predefined tasks, missions to complete or fulfill, but let advance, and progress in a way I decide for my own, and consider for the best, most efficient one.
Those of You, who remember, or have even participated in my forum topic, which I started to discuss the matter of quests-vs-free gameplay, (it had the quite obvious title "Quests, quests, quests..."), those can still remember my attitude, and realize why I decided so definitely for WEBL over B2G)
Oh yeah, it's true, one can manage more boxers in B2G too, but it all depends, so is restricted on money, a.k.a. game currency again, the quality, the maximum number of the boxers who can be hired, so one must soon increase his gym-capacity, (money dependantly of course), buy certain nutrificants or other, performance-affecting stuff to his boxers, (also money dependant), hell, even arranging a fight takes money, meaning participating on tournaments and similar...
So yes, I know B2G is probably a more realistic boxing-simulation than WEBL, , and it is very likely much closer to the reality of this money-driven world, than the more free, customizable gameplay features of WEBL, but hey, I do hate this money driven aspect, so I normally strive to avoid it at least in games, whenever it's possible, and this time I did have a choice: of course I choose WEBL!

Furthermore, if you study the gameplan creation in Webl more carefully, you will realize, that even its basic, so called "easy" version provides you with the possibility of a more sophisticated, complex, "round-by-round" planning of match-strategy, it only depends on you, how complex you wish to make it, by either changing numeric values befor each single instruction-line, which actually presents the round, when you wish your settings to start being applied by your boxer, or by adding new lines yourself, starting with the number of the desired round...not to mention the so called "advanced" gameplan-editor, which is even much more detailed and complex.

Now my answer to Shrike:
But of course your fighters will have a fight scheduled pretty soon, as soon they will be added to the competition in their region and weight-class. (you will notice that by their region and ranking, which will  appear right after their name)
Each week, so with a standard weekly regularity, they will be drawn an opponent of round equal strength, meaning the same number of current ability points, (another aspect of keeping the game fair and balanced), basically, your boxers, as total beginners, will either be drawn against other total beginner boxers, or eventually against some "losers, who have a very bad fight-record, or who failed to win yet, since in WEBL game-nechanics, those fighters currently have the same sum of attribute values, meaning ability points as your new fighters do. (read the help regarding this topic in the game, it will explain you how advancing, a.k.a. improving, or decreasing of boxer's attributes works in the game)
As for me, who created 42 boxers already, I have several scheduled fights for each single day of the week, sometimes even 5 or 6, in order to "keep me on my toes" you know, LOL, and figuring out a proper, hopefully well-working gameplan for each of them, that keeps me quite busy, true, but hey, that's what I actually wanted, a game which will consume the most of my  long spare time periods, and I sure got it now!
So don't worry Shrike, you will soon have plenty of things to do in WEBL, after all, even before your weekly scheduled matches, you will still have to create fight plans, (don't use the default ones, they are worth nothing at all, you will heavily lose if you will apply one of those), then arrange sparring matches, to experience both your created gameplans, and your boxer's efficiency with them...you can make them fight between each-other, choose an already predefined sparring partner, create a sparring partner yourself, or even ask for some from other players. (like I did, and a player sent me some boxers he created especially for me, in order to study, and learn different match-strategies and boxer types)
And the best part of the game is, that after you realize how gameplans work, meaning what are the proper strategies to utilize your higher skill advantages, by trying to neutralize your lower skill disadvantages, the game won't be too hard even for total beginners, so it doesn't have a too "steap learning curve", you can score victories right on the start, for example I already had a win on the very 1st match-day of my boxers, and by now I accomplished a few more wins than losses in total.

2017-07-13 17:59:09

42 boxers? oh my god,

I am struggling coping with 5,  do you use NBDA? for some reason I still find navigating really torturous, everything  seems just really long winded.

I will however try and give this browser game time because its a game I have always wanted in audio game format.

2017-07-14 11:31:19 (edited by darth scorp 2017-07-14 11:36:16)

Caccio, i got your opinion and which type of boxing management you prefer, and this is a nice point, hell, why not big_smile but i should say to you and, of course, mainly to other players, that i haven't seen any graphic or colored bars in displaying statistics. for me nvda reads just everything. and i use firefox. i read all the stats as tables by using ctrl+alt+arrows, and it helps so much. if you guys can't read something properly, you can ask me, and i'll try to give you some hints.
secondly, there are no sliders in setting gameplans. just like in WEBL, you preprogram it and then you just seat and watch the fight. realtime adjustments are only available in live action, but it's just a bonus, you're not forced to do it, so you can write a fightplan the same way.
so, Caccio, you may decide someday to play b2g, because i guarantee you that it's fully accessible. it allows you even to convert your WEBL fight plans into the b2g format.
but, as i said, i see your point, so i wish you and your boxers luck in WEBL and hope you'll keep doing great!)

oh, i forgot to say! i've tested MMATycoon, and... it's not fully accessible, but almost fully. the phone mode works just great in setting fighting tactics. you can controll everything and make your guy fighting just as you want. but there are realy some inaccessible stats which you can't read. such as energy or morale. i'll play a bit more and try to figure out if it affects my gaming experience somehow. but as far as i can tell, this game also deserves trying.

my name is darth scorp!

2017-07-14 12:02:22 (edited by Caccio72 2017-07-14 12:25:51)

LOL Shrike, actually I have 44 boxers already, but I promised myself I really won't create more of them, otherwise it will be too much even for me to handle!

And yes, the best part of the game is the commentary, especially for us screen-reader users, since it indeed sounds like some radio-match-commentary, but one, whose tempo we can adjust at will, by pressing the "down arrow" key at our own chosen, desired pace.
Now should I say, that this is the 1st case I encountered so far, when using screen-reader in a game grants us, blind gamers, an actual comfort, by making match-commentaries more interesting and enjoyable, then they probably are for the sighted players, who don't play WEBL with a screen-reader...

Oh btw, back to Box 2 Glory for a minute:
There is one more inconvenience I noticed there, maybe it's also screen-reader dependent, but my NVDA fails to play match-commentaries properly there, meaning it plays only the 1st round, and then it just...stops, and I haven't managed to find out neither the reason, nor the solution for the issue, it just refuses to proceed to round 2!
Don't know if this is always the case, and if it's a specificly NVDA-related problem, but it sure happens when I challenge another boxer, start the match, after its 1st round that slider, with the already mentioned 3 parameters appears, (aggression, power, defense), then the commentary just stops, as if the screen became totally frozen, and not even changing, adjusting those 3 parameter-values helps!
I wonder if B2G match-commentaries are meant, planned to work this way, and it's just some kind of paused mode for setting the further match-strategy, (meaning the 3 parameter values), or it's really an issue with the NVDA screen-reader?

Anyway, back to WEBL, sorry Shrike, but I haven't got the slightest idea, what can cause you troubles while playing it with NVDA, as I mentioned, it has an extremely screen-reader friendly interface, very logically, systematically grouped, but not too many menus and options, all of them are quite obvious, and easily accessible by the screen-reader, wether you use "tabbing", or simply the "up/down direction arrows" for navigation, there are no submenus to get lost amongst either...so I have really no clue what can cause you troubles in WEBL, it's one of the most screen-reader friendly browser game I ever encountered...at least so far!
One hint: As I just said, there are not too many, well separated and grouped menues, which we actually use in the game, the 1st, and the most important is the "your gym" group, there are literarilly all the menues you need for the sheer gameplay, while the other group is "community", with some communication menues like the forum, the so called message-board, and some help files.
There are very few, 2 or 3 more menu-groups, but those are of almost no importance for the gameplay, so you can just ignore and skip those.
Normally you can use the "page up/page down" keys to cycle through the menues faster, and hopefully find the targeted one sooner, but again, there are so few of them all together, (definitely less than 30), that you won't "spare" more than 2-3 seconds with it, in case you won't "overjump" the targeted menu, lol!

2017-07-14 16:02:24

how do you find out who your fighters are fighting there next opponent, I can't find it anywhere.

also after your boxer has had a sparring bout does the fighters attributes go up naturally or are you allocated points to increase them manually.

2017-07-14 18:57:41

Caccio, everything you say about happens just in a demo match. when you already play as a manager, you see fights almost like in WEBL. you need to open the fight page. then at the top you'll see the table which shows some info about fighters to compare, such as height, weight, and record. next you'll see fighters advantages analysis. for example there can be written something like "fighter 1 can use his height advantage to stay outside and win some points" or "fighter two is more experienced fighter, let's see if it helps". that makes watching your opponent's previous fights very important, you can find his weakest points. the last thing you see is the list with spoilers called "round 1", "round 2", ..., "round 12", "results". you need to click one of this links, and the game will show you comments for the round or the match's result. nothing hard.

my name is darth scorp!

2017-07-15 03:03:14 (edited by Caccio72 2017-07-15 03:42:23)

Hey Arnold, I just noticed while setting my boxer's gameplans in WEBL, we are drawn vs each-other today, one of your boxers fights against my Yabba Gallamba in heavy-weight class, (in the Unsanctioned region of course), watch out, my Gallamba is a killer, don't say I haven't (sporty) warned you, LOL!

2017-07-15 03:28:53 (edited by Caccio72 2017-07-15 12:34:29)

Shrike:
Go to "your gym" menu group, and the very 1st one is the list of your fighters, along with the most important infos, (records, ranking), options you can do, and next opponent. (who you can also get some infos about, if you hit "enter" on his name)
So in the 1st line is your boxer's name along with his records, then under it are some important infos like his weight for example, then there comes his next opponent's name along with his gym-name, (in case your boxer has already an opponent drawn for him), and then come the options, meaning the most important, urgent actions you should take, to prepare your boxer for the fight. (select/edit an existing, or create a new gameplan, and set your training, meaning the skills you plan to improve)

Just remember, when checking for next opponent, or preparing for the match, don't use the "short gym" menu, it won't show neither the opponents, nor your options, but use the very 1st option under "your gym", which is called "active fighters".

And no, you will neither get, nor lose any single ability points after mere sparrings, but only after the weekly scheduled matches, those are the "official" fights which actually count!

(oh yeah, there is the weight-class name before each of your boxers, who belong into different weight-groups)

Edit:
Wowww, my heavy-weights are really doing great, 6 wins from 8 matches for them today!
)it seems I have figured out, and created the best functioning gameplans for that weight-class so far)

2017-07-22 15:34:10

well I thought I would post my results so far.

my 6 boxers have had 1 fight each now and I only got 1 win rofl.  so my fight plans certainly need adjusting, do anyone no if there is a wicki  page on how to set up stats for lets say a counter puncher?

I must admit this is the first browser game I have managed to sort of get used to, lol

2017-08-14 18:53:02

just got into webl, are there still any active players from this forum on there?

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-08-16 10:42:01

In google search online sport manager games, look for the result sportmanagers.com I think it is can't remember now but they have a list of almost all sport manager games out there from athletics to volleyball