2017-06-23 17:50:51

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knew of an accessible camera app for iPhone, where i could take a relyable picture of my face for my online profiles? Thanks for any help.

2017-06-23 18:13:38

If I recall correctly, in iOS 10 the camera app will give you feedback about any faces in the picture, how much of the picture it takes up, and possibly where in the picture it is. So have you tried just taking a selfie using just the built in camera app and it's feedback?

2017-06-23 19:42:01

Hi,
I tried it and When I point the camera at my face, I don't get any feedback. Maybe I'm doing something wrong

2017-06-23 20:34:54

Let me try it...
It works here, I'm using the front facing camera. It's possible that the face feedback is a feature you have to turn on. It may also be a feature that was introduced in iOS 10.

I'm using an 64 GB iPhone SE.

2017-06-23 22:29:23

Last time i tryed that it didn't work for me either, i'll check in settings, thanks.

2017-06-23 23:02:53

Not sure if you guys know this but, the front facing camera is on the left side of the phone. It's a little bit left of the earpiece. Just because you think you've got your phone straight in front of you, the camera app still won't get your face, because you actually need to move the phone a little more to the right, because of where the front facing camera is placed.
With that out of the way, there is an app that could help you out called, SelfieX.
This app allows you to take selfies with the back facing camera, with the help of a voice guide. I'm not too sure on how well the pictures turn out but, I do know that it does work.
HTH.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2017-06-23 23:44:38 (edited by Orko 2017-06-24 03:03:49)

That will depend on the specific iPhone model.

If I recall what I've heard correctly, on the iPhone 5s the back facing camera is 8 megapixels while the front facing camera is only 1.5 megapixels. On the iPhone SE the back facing camera is 12 megapixels while the front facing camera is only 2 megapixels.

If this is for something like a facebook profile picture, the front facing cameras will produce a detailed enough picture.

2017-06-24 00:09:21

I think you've got those cameras and their MP mixed up. The back facing cameras are usually the ones with the higher megapixels.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2017-06-24 03:01:12

You are right. I keep getting them mixed up.

To my mind, front facing means just that, the camera is facing forward as you look at the device's display. Or put another way, the back facing camera is on the display side of the device because it is looking back at you as you look at the device's display.

It is, unfortunately a way of thinking of them that is very persistent. I'll eventually get it right. In the meantime, I'll go back and fix that message.

2017-06-24 05:15:49

SelfieX is the best I know of.  I use it all the time.  It's nice to be able to take a selfie without sighted assistance.

Luke

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2017-06-24 14:41:14

Ok, got it figured out. Just used the front-facing camera, and managed to take a quality picture that will serve my purposes. Thanks guys.

2017-06-24 15:38:31

is selfy x on android also?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.