2017-06-19 21:45:11 (edited by Rocketboy 2017-06-19 21:46:30)

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, I found a forum topic on here about someone who had Siri voices for NVDA but the links were broken because I guess that topic was posted two years ago, and I never knew that the siri voices on iphone were actually vocalizer expressive voices until just recently where I stumbled across an audioboom user from Thailand who spoke about all the Siri voices. He spoke about the Australian voices Catherine and Gordon, which are the female and male voices, respectively, Martha and Arthur British female and male voices, respectively, and Aaron and Nicki, American male and female voices, respectively. Would anyone here know how I can download all those voices for either JAWS or NVDA? Many thanks and appreciation!

2017-06-19 21:50:53

Aaron and Nickey can be found here:
http://onj3.andrelouis.com/nvda

2017-06-20 00:28:39

How lovely, thanks a bunch, I'm downloading those two voices now! Now if only I can get Arthur, Martha, Catherine and Gordon that'd be lovely! Does anyone know where I can get the British and Australian voices?

2017-06-20 03:18:17

Pretty sure these are in the 7z file, at least Gordon

2017-06-20 04:36:06

Ah yes I found the British and Ausi ones, problem is that when I install them there is no sound, only the American ones work. When I install the just the Australian and British ones it says error cannot load Vocalizer expressive synthesizer

2017-06-20 20:57:49

change your driver. That should help. there must be a Driver right where you got all those siri voices

:)

2017-06-20 21:12:30

I tried that, voices still don't work. I even downloaded a crack for the vocalizer voices, still no sound coming from the Australian or British ones, only the American ones. Is there something I'm missing that I'm not aware of?

2017-06-22 08:52:57

There's no need to pirate or crack anything if you use JAWS; Freedom Scientific already offers all the voices. Download them from here. They only work with Freedom Scientific products.

Just myself, as usual.

2017-06-22 09:00:56

Do they offer Arthur, Aaron, Catherine, Martha, Nicky and Gordon? I've got all the others, I just need those other 6 voices, but I can't find them on Freedomscientific's website!

2017-06-22 12:18:36

@Sebby:
The FS Downloads won't help Rocketboy.
First of all, we are talking about Vocalizer Expressive Version 1.3 voices.
FS only offers 1.1 voices, that's one reason why there are so many of them missing from their page.
If he were to try this, he would have to replace more than one file to make them work in JAWS.
Second, the latest download of JAWS voices is for JAWS 18 and higher and These new files are Vocalizer Expressive v2.1.0 or something similar.

Rocketboy wants to run copies of voices taken from IOS or OSX.
These are not listed on any Windows product.

And yes, I can confirm that the British voices don't work for me either.
I could work with the US English, Australian English and the German ones without Problem.

However, I found out that the British voices are not taken from Siri, but from OSX and maybe These are different Versions of the voices.

I can't figure out which Version number they are supposed to be and if other System files are required.

This could be only figured out if someone who has OSX could upload the Folders which contain the TTS Services from their System.

Obviously not all voices would be needed, but the System files which are the mac equivalent of DLL files on Windows, because Vocalizer has more files for a complete engine than we are given when it is boundled with Screen Reader applications for Windows.

2017-06-22 22:22:52

You got the Australian English voices to work? Oh please do send them to me, ...oh wait, when you say Australian English, do you mean Karen and Lee, or Catherine and Gordon? I need Catherine and Gordon and those are the voices that are also silent for me as well.

2017-06-22 23:02:15

If I remember right, Catherine and Gordon work normally.
However I had not previously installed Lee or the other common Australian English voice.
I think the readme file clearly states that for the Siri ones to work, you can't have the normal Australian ones installed.
For some reason it doesn't matter with the British English ones.
Whether any are installed or not, the Siri voices for British English won't work, and I haven't been able to find out why.
The Version numbers seem to be correct.
Either it is a Problem of the voices themselves, the configuration files or it is a System file Problem, meaning the Vocalizer engine itself.

As far as I know These voices should all be compatible with v1.3.
And the working Driver in the link brings ist own ve.dll with Version 1.3 regardless of whether the NVDA Driver is cracked or not.
Thus I can't recommend using it with JAWS, because JAWS either uses V1.1 modules or V2.x ones.
The first one Needs to be manually updated and sadly one file is not enough, and V2.x is incompatible in that the file/Folder structure is different.

There are only a few Options here, namely updating ve.dll or using other System files, or altering the voice configuration.

Both require file editing, file swapping and the sad but prooven method of Trial and error.

2017-06-22 23:05:29

Lord_Raven wrote:

If I remember right, Catherine and Gordon work normally.
However I had not previously installed Lee or the other common Australian English voice.
I think the readme file clearly states that for the Siri ones to work, you can't have the normal Australian ones installed.
For some reason it doesn't matter with the British English ones.
Whether any are installed or not, the Siri voices for British English won't work, and I haven't been able to find out why.
The Version numbers seem to be correct.
Either it is a Problem of the voices themselves, the configuration files or it is a System file Problem, meaning the Vocalizer engine itself.

As far as I know These voices should all be compatible with v1.3.
And the working Driver in the link brings ist own ve.dll with Version 1.3 regardless of whether the NVDA Driver is cracked or not.
Thus I can't recommend using it with JAWS, because JAWS either uses V1.1 modules or V2.x ones.
The first one Needs to be manually updated and sadly one file is not enough, and V2.x is incompatible in that the file/Folder structure is different.

There are only a few Options here, namely updating ve.dll or using other System files, or altering the voice configuration.

Both require file editing, file swapping and the sad but prooven method of Trial and error.

Is there any way we could exchange Skype details or something? I don't know how to do any of this and I'll need some step by step instructions on how to edit things

2017-06-23 00:30:03

@Rocketboy check your pm's

2017-06-23 01:48:50

Stm, thanks for pmming me that driver, works beautifully!

2017-06-23 02:17:42

Interesting. I'm surprised FS aren't on the ball here. Guess it's useful to be as large as Apple is to partner with Nuance.

So you'll need a jailbroken iOS device or a Mac. Didn't see any of this while testing the new releases; perhaps it's only for Siri rather than general use.

Just myself, as usual.

2017-06-23 02:29:25

You know what's weird? Allison, Ava and Susan are very expressive on the computer, but on the iphone when you try to make them express emotion they don't work! I'm not sure about macs though, they might be expressive on macs but they sure as hell ain't expressive on the iphone.

2017-06-23 11:00:24

I don't have a Mac to check this myself.
But the files for Arthur don't have "siri" in their Name, but "Yosemite".

This suggests that These voices are supposed to have come from OSX.

Sadly I have not found any site on the net which gives a full list of all voices per OSX Version, because even Siri voices have names.

However I was told that the German voice Anna was System Default in IOS 7 and possibly 8.

I also was told that either Helena or Martin (the German Siri voices) became selectable as in VoiceOver at some Point in IOS, but I don't know which Version.

And FS did not help by ignoring all Vocalizer 1.x updates and directly jumping to Version 2.
If you Need Windows voice files you should look at the Window Eyes pages.
But These obviously don't have Siri voices, nor the Indian English male voice which CodeFactory has.

@st.mc:
Which Driver did you send Rocketboy?
What is the Driver Version, what are the Version numbers of ve.dll and ve_gdfinit.dll?
And what is the file size and the last modified value of lid.dat?

If you have a configuration which can run Arthur and the other British Siri/OSX voice, I would also like to know this.

2017-06-23 11:05:31

Lord_Raven wrote:

I don't have a Mac to check this myself.
But the files for Arthur don't have "siri" in their Name, but "Yosemite".

This suggests that These voices are supposed to have come from OSX.

Sadly I have not found any site on the net which gives a full list of all voices per OSX Version, because even Siri voices have names.

However I was told that the German voice Anna was System Default in IOS 7 and possibly 8.

I also was told that either Helena or Martin (the German Siri voices) became selectable as in VoiceOver at some Point in IOS, but I don't know which Version.

And FS did not help by ignoring all Vocalizer 1.x updates and directly jumping to Version 2.
If you Need Windows voice files you should look at the Window Eyes pages.
But These obviously don't have Siri voices, nor the Indian English male voice which CodeFactory has.

@st.mc:
Which Driver did you send Rocketboy?
What is the Driver Version, what are the Version numbers of ve.dll and ve_gdfinit.dll?
And what is the file size and the last modified value of lid.dat?

If you have a configuration which can run Arthur and the other British Siri/OSX voice, I would also like to know this.

I think the one he sent me was 3.0.8 or something, I now have the addon I can send you, how do I send files on here through pm?

2017-06-23 11:13:34

@Lord_Raven I'm not sure about the details you asked, but by now, you have the same driver in your inbox. Why not see for yourself?
and you're very welcome Rocketboy

2017-06-23 12:18:03

Did this Driver package actually work in running all the offered Siri voices?
It seemed as if it was nearly the same to the Version I have.
The difference is that my Version has some newer files, but this Looks like as if we could not run the British English Siri voices, no matter what we try.
Thus I'd like to know if Arthur and Martha have actually worked for anyone so far.

I am still trying a few things to hopefully narrow the Problem down.

But it might help, if someone who has OSX Yosemite could send us the following files if they know where the speech components are installed:

clm.dat
lid.dat
synth_med_fxd_bet3f22.dat
sysdct.dat

These files are part of the core of Vocalizer Expressive and exist through nearly every build, even on IOS, Android or in such products as JAWS or NVDA.
These files should be in a Folder structure which Looks like this:
common/speech/components/

I don't know how Vocalizer is installed on Mac, but within the main Vocalizer Folder there should be a Folder named common.
This Folder is not big and could be uploaded without Problem, because we don't Need voices at the Moment, but the core files.

2017-06-23 13:43:02

all the voices have worked fine for me.

2017-06-23 15:19:40

How do you extract the voice data from OS X and/or macOS? Ever since Lion, the voices have been stored in /System/Library/Speech/Voices/name.SpeechVoice/Contents/Resources as a single file called PCMWave. The data structure looks identical to the Macintalk data for voices like Alex. I always assumed these were incrypted somehow. It gets even stranger as the high quality Siri voices appear to use a completely different structure. For example, the folder /System/Library/Speech/Voices/NickySiri.SpeechVoice/Contents/Resources contains lots of files with names like adat, eyrie, etc. These files appear to have no file extension. If I look at /System/Library/Speech/Voices/NickyCompact.SpeechVoice/Contents/Resources I find a PCMWave file. I know I'm running Sierra, but these voices have always been packaged in this way.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-06-23 16:31:02

I don't know how the voices work.
I don't have Mac to figure out.
But I will tell you as a comparison which files the voices we can't use are structured.
Please Keep in mind that this is from an installed NVDA addon, so only parts of the file structure is present.
Usually a Vocalizer Distribution pre v2.x has three Folders: Common, dictionaries and languages.
In Common you have one subfolder named speech with another Folder named components.
On Windows the following files are present in any known Windows Version (note that not all files are present in every build):
clm.dat
lid.dat
synth_med_fxd_bet3f22.dat
sysdct.dat
ve.dll
ve_cdfinit.dll

Apart from These DLL files, all .dat files are universally common, meaning on IOS, Android, Windows and probably on Mac.
These are not the voices.

In the Folder languages you have subfolders named after "language codes", forexample: ged for German, eng for British English or ena for Australian English.

Now I will describe to you the file structure of the British Siri voice named Arthur, which I could not get to work properly.
In the Folder eng is a Folder named speech and in it are two Folders: components and ve
Components contains:

apdb_tp_yosemite_arthur_siri_set1.dat
clc_eng_arthur_cfg3.dat: this seems to be another language configuration file for the voice.
clc_eng_cfg3.dat: this is the main language configuration file; usually there is only one per language; however there are different ones available for each language
rlst_yosemite_set_compact_eng.dat
rlst_yosemite_set_eng.dat
rlst_yosemite_set1_eng_arthur.dat
rlst_yosemite_set1_eng_nav.dat
select_arthur_bet3f22.dat: this is a compact variant voice file
synth_arthur_full_155mrf22_270_06.dat: this is the main voice file for the premium quality voice; this is not the highest quality, there is still premium high
synth_arthur_full_155mrf22_270_06_pmk.dat: I don't know what this file does exactly, but it is required and must be part of the main voice
udct_yosemite_setcfg3_eng_arthur.dat
uselect_arthur_full.dat
userdct_eng.dat

The folder ve contains in this case only two files:
ve_pipeline_eng_arthur_bet3f22.hdr
ve_pipeline_eng_arthur_full_155mrf22_270_06.hdr
These are XML files and can be read and are some kind of basic voice configuration files in which files, and parameters like name, language, gender etc are stored.

These files are not packed or encrypted.
I don't know if all vocalizer voices are packed into one file on OSX.
That's why I would like to know if the System files I described first are present and if someone who has Mac could copy These files and upload them to be looked at.
Obviously we don't Need 700 MB voices, some in compact form would be enough to compare.

Is it also possible to get older OSX builds and maybe run them in a vm to compare file structures, because Images from virtual drives could be extracted.

2017-06-29 07:23:41

I'd like it if I could get this driver, that is able to run the british voices. I already have every other voice in a vocalizer expressive2 for NVDA thing, I only want the siri ones in the ve1 addon, so there should be no language conflicts.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.