2017-06-14 13:41:30

Hello to all on the forum, i wanted to know if any one of you could please tell me where is the best place for me as a blind person to learn php?
I know a little bit of PHP, but it is not enough for me to actualy start a website. i know that i can use HTML to run a website, but not if i want to add some funcionality.
Those of you who run websites with php, will know what i am talking about or even those of you who knows how to work with PHP will know what i am talking about!
Please help if you can.
best regards

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-06-14 20:11:20

Hi,

did you already try to google this on your own?
I can recommend the W3Schools pages, since they actively support accessibility, which means that their websites are browseable quite well and the tutorials are good too.
just take a look on your own

Just another thing you should think about when designing a webbsite. Do you really need php? if you only want to display some stuff like a download link or want to offer a manual for a game or something like this, you wouldn't want to use more than html or maybe css. PHP is mainly used for dynamical page content and though isn't always needed. But it's never wrong to know how to use it, since website development is one of the basics you can do, since almost everyone has his own website nowadays.

2017-06-14 20:58:45

Hi, I learned PHP, but I don't remember it very well because I haven't had to use it in a while. Depending on what you are doing, you may want to look at javascript, it is a little less of a hassle if you don't already have a web server.

I get a lot of my books on programming from book share, it may not necessarily be the best resource for learning a programming language as a blind individual, but still very useul.

TJ Breitenfeldt

2017-06-15 07:56:50

hmmm. The same place a sighted person would go to learn PHP?

A simple google search should bring up w3schools, take a look at that. They offer tutorials on not only PHP, but HTML, JavaScript, CSS, and some libraries.

2017-06-15 15:48:32

I can recommend you sololearn platworm. They have great interactive tutorials which are accessible

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-06-16 10:10:39

Hello, i also got W3schools, but i just wanted to se if i can find more resources.
But as some of you say, w3schools is a verry accessible place to learn web development. i am just not sure if those resources are 1 of the most updated places.
but thanks.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.