2017-06-11 15:31:37

Hello to all, i want to know if there is an app that can let me make a website?
i don't care if there is a menu interface that i have to get use to, or it will also be fine if i can fill in the paramatters.
I know how to code or make use of HTML and CSS and a very little php, as i don't use it a lot.
But i am just interrested.
thanks, and best regards to all.
as you know not all the website builders are totaly accessable.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-06-11 17:01:34

Hi,

I don't think so. The only way you can go to get a working website without having any programming knowledge are homepage builders, as far as I know there aren't any apps which would do this for you, except Adobe Dreamweaver and such stuff, but man, they're not accessible at all. So, if you already know how to use HTML, CSS and PHP (CSS for a person without sight shouldn't be helpful at all), just use those skills without bothering to find any accessible builder for you.

Best Regards.
Hijacker

2017-06-11 17:44:46

I haven't tried it yet myself but have downloaded it for when I'll need something like it. This was copied from the jaws-users web site, but should work with any screen reader.

jaws-users wrote:

arach_full.exe Download link
http://www.jaws-users.com/programs/Inte … h_full.exe
arach full is a Free speech-friendly web page creation program

2017-06-11 21:40:51

Lol, i'm interested what features this program has to offer. I don't expect very much though.

2017-06-14 08:51:03

it's 15 years out of date, only uses HTML 3.2.1, very few features indeed

devin

2017-06-14 15:12:01

As I said, I've never tried it. I only knew that it was supposed to be a blind user friendly web page creator.

Personally I'd more than likely just use something like Notepad++ and hand code it.

2017-06-14 15:15:24

Ok, i agree. i was just wundering.
But another thing is that you could just create an app with a menu system, and let the user select the option, and then moddifie the file or files.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-06-14 20:05:25

It's not that easy. A website isn't a thing you could click together via a menu system. You should know this if you already used html. HTML is a tree-like markup language which means that you can insert elements into elements into elements... and so on. Doing this with a single menu is just to simplified to be of greater use. Anyway, just grab your favorite code editor and start coding right away, this will yield better results if you ask me.

2017-06-14 23:35:21

Before I lost my vision, I tried many WYSIWYG web site editors and every one of them put extra unneeded code into the page's HTML making it harder to maintain or to do something unique out side the program. In the end I simply used Ultra IDE which is just Ultra Edit with lots of IDE features added.