2008-05-24 19:09:06

Greetings. I am Amin Abdullah. Unfortunately the submit games link and forum aren't available so I thought to post this here. I'll update this thread as I play more games. First, check out scourge of time! http://www.scourgeoftime.com/ telnet://scourgeoftime.com:7474/ A very nice game where you can customize your character. A lot of options to choose from and dedicated to long term play. Maps, signs and the screens during character creation and the screens during log-in have a lot of graphics but after logging in, the game is very screen reader friendly.

Scourge has made some nice improvements to the game to make it even more screen reader friendly. I'm currently giving suggestions but if more disabled people start playing there, Scourge would be even happier to help out. Any and all suggestions are welcome there. Constructive criticism is fine but please, no flaming and no derogatory comments. This is an adult oriented mud and language is relaxed on channels. I'd say the material found there is rated certificate 12. Nothing really graphic, players like myself tend to be very graphic while role playing. Role playing is accepted there. Not much else I have to say. I don't want to spoil it so please, check it out. If you like it, please add this game to the games list on audiogames.net . I'd love to find scourge of time in the list.

Another mud I'd like to submit is rotm. http://rotm.murpe.com/ telnet://rotm.murpe.com:1501/ This game is less screen reader friendly than scourge of time. It uses more graphics and on rotm, graphics are unavoidable. It's a nice mud, game play is different and role playing is encouraged. It isn't adult oriented and language and adult material isn't accepted there like on scourge of time. Again, ideas are accepted and if more of us play there, they'd be happy to make it more screen reader friendly. Again, I don't want to spoil it so check it out. I leave it up to you whether you want to submit this game.

Well folks, that's all for now. Hope you enjoy the games and if you have any games you'd like to recommend, please don't hesitate to reply to this topic.

2008-05-24 20:50:50

Thanks for the suggestions, I fully intend to have a look at them. We don't really have much in the way of muds on the games list, the only one that was there originally was Alter Aeon but I added Miriani once I got the priveliges to do so because it seems one of the more popular accessible muds about too.

Small note, as this is about games it is fine in the general game discussion and would probably get more people reading it there so I'll move it. There will be a redirect link in the off topic forum still so you can find it.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-05-24 21:22:58

Oy!
Watch your mouth!
Disabled? Wt*!

2008-05-24 21:24:44

naa joking man!
Soz about that man really sorry, just a bit stressed at the moment.REally sorry.
While i'm here, i sent a order for some gma games.
Sod, tank commander and lone wolf.
I got the email which said to email sails at gma games with ya user code yeah, but they never got back to me, please someone help!

2008-05-24 22:22:42

*cough* no idea what the first post was about, and as to "watch your mouth" that certain 3 letter combo isn't exactly sparkly clean.

As to the second post, please make a new topic for this rather than hijacking an existing one.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-05-25 11:23:00

Greetings all. My apologies if I offended anyone with any comments I have made. It is not my intention to offend, just to get my points across. As for the disabled comment, I'm just used to saying that. It's something I've always said and I just don't think anything of it. You may or may not agree with what I'm about to say next but here goes.

Disabilities (permanent ones) usually only affect the biological bodies or space suits and earthly consciousness of those who inhabit such bodies. The actual people aren't truly affected by such things but they do experience them as if they themselves are affected by them. If such things do exist in the spirit world, then such things are only temporary. That's why I have no problem with saying disabled because even though I'm experiencing such, I'm not truly permanently affected by it. Nobody is. It should also be considered as a learning experience and it should make you stronger, more inventive, kinder, more generous and less prone to stereotypes or should I say not so affected by what others think of you should such thoughts be negative.

I know not everyone will share my views and may still get offended by what I say. So, if anyone is offended, please make it clear what you are offended at and please suggest some way to refraize it. If I can, I will edit my post with the suggested changes. I understand this is off topic so I'll try to keep posts like this at a minimum. Thank you for your time and again, my apologies to the offended user.

2008-05-25 14:55:42

serious man stressed man i know ya cool.
Soz yeah.

2008-05-25 19:28:14

Blind, visually impaired, disabled doesn't make any difference in practice. Let's not quibble over terms and leave it at that, whatever you call it the end result is the same.

cx2
-----

2008-05-26 11:54:34

I have played a mud

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2008-05-26 19:24:34

Bladestorm, look at the "BB code" link near the post reply box. Forums tend to use this not HTML. In your case you want square brackets not the angled ones of HTML, like this []. Instead of <a http> you want [ url ] and [ / url ].
cx2
-----

2008-05-27 00:43:33 (edited by Greenstone 2008-05-27 00:44:52)

Hello, there is a mud i sometimes play, i didn't have any difficulties in playing with jaws.
www.abandonedrealms.com
telnet abandonedrealms.com
port: 9000
i do not like playing in telnet very much so i prefer using some mud client programs like Gmud.

2008-05-27 00:51:38

Off topic posts deleted, apologies for the inconvenience. I don't want this turning into a flame. Now please no  more about it and lets forget it even happened.

cx2
-----

2008-05-27 09:38:24

kl

2008-05-27 11:21:27

Greetings. I did look at project bob. It's a nice game and very customisable. I'll also be writing about games I've looked at here as well. Thanks to bladestorm360 for posting the url. It is newbie friendly and the stock areas make it nice to rome around. Sometimes I am stopped short when I find that some things are not where they should be and other things aren't there where I thought they would be but all in all, it's a good game.

2008-06-18 16:33:39 (edited by audiogamer360 2008-06-18 16:36:19)

check out:
Project Mongoose

Connect now using Windows telnet.

It is still in development, but it is a great MUD... Check it out!

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2008-06-20 09:07:02

What is this mud?

Their website, wel, isn't any help.

2008-06-25 22:08:45

It is still majorly in development. It doesn't have a story line, but it does have skills, weaponry, and much more. just connect and find out...

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2008-06-28 19:45:24

Got 2 more muds for you. The first one is wormhole mud. It's website is http://wormhole.se/index.php/Main_Page to connect to it, go to telnet://mud.wormhole.se:4000/ and they even have a section to aid the visually impaired mudders! It's futuristic with some past elements in it. Another mud is arcane ages. No website but the mud itself is good. To connect go to telnet://tera.teralink.com:4000/ and it's newbie friendly. All comments and ideas are welcome on both muds and both are newbie friendly. No 'adult' material is allowed on the arcane ages public channels but if there are no players in the room with you and you're in an 'adult' themed area, then you can 'play' there to your heart's content. 'Adult' material is only allowed on the flame channel on wormhole mud but nowhere else except in 'adult' themed areas.

I tried out the mud the last user submitted, the one open to testing. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to move anywhere after completing the newbie training so I can't comment on it now. If I could get out of the last room and explore the world around me, then I could comment on it. Well folks, that's all for now. I'll update you should I find any more good muds out there. So long for now.

2008-07-05 19:54:21

Well, does Scerge of Time have sexual adult material? Is that what you mean? Because I've played this one muck called Voragotten Realm, and that is what you call adult. People actually take other people, cook them somehow, on a stake or on a stove, and eat them. Canables. And there's other things they do with body parts. You'll just have to connect to the mud and find out what they are.

2009-05-22 19:30:13

A couple things to add here. You can now get out of the creation room on mongoose, there's an exit north that leads to the town square if I remember right. At the moment it's a bit more programming oriented, but I would still recommend it, the admins there are very nice. Also Big D is on there if you want to get in touch with him. Actually, he remembers seeing you in the creation room, asleep. haha.
Now on the topic of adult oriented muds... I forget the link for it but an adult oriented moo that a lot of my friends are on is hell moo. I don't like much adult oriented stuff though so...
Also I like to play with moo code myself, if you want to experiment and not worry about crashing a huge site, check out macrocosm.mcp-server.com port 8327. It's actual name though, as you will see when you connect, is BreakingMOO, so yeah. We do like to break things on there, but not to the point of the archwizard , AKA me , having to go into emergency mode and reset his player flags!

HTH.

"Actually, they're just super-advanced holograms created for the sole purpose of enriching a children's cardgame."