2017-06-08 23:19:07

Probably very. LOL.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-06-09 00:07:47

Agree. It's beta testing, not beta playing. So it's for those who are ready to help, not for who wants to play it that soon before everyone. What's the enjoyment in playing an uncompleted game? Also you won't feel the same excitement other folks will feel the time in which the game will be released, so yeah.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-06-09 00:30:39

Some of us will.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-06-09 01:03:55

I will definitely feel the same level of excitement as well, when the full game is out.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-06-09 02:46:48

Don't get me wrong, I was excited as hell to play manamon early, but I was also quite diligent in reporting problems, along with the rest of the beta team. It's sort of a volunteer job.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2017-06-09 07:44:21

Exactly, Kai, you're right completely! Testing mean TESTING, getting things like if it's working,, how it's working or if something is not working because something is wrong.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-06-09 08:10:26

Well, I applied as I wanted the project.
I like challenges.
For those thinking you would get the game spoilt, well on the face of it you may, but if you put a sound, suggestion and etc into the project, and helped with things whenever you play bits you did in the full release or people say they like the bits you worked on you can think how proud you are to have put those ideas or whatever out where they may have not ever been otherwise.
When I did the sounds for deathmatch project alpha and later dmnb I did make a few sound mods for the game.
In fact I previded a lot of sound mods for dmnb and I can be happy for it.

2017-06-09 10:58:40

Hi.
You are right, beta testing, not beta plaing.
I can help you with that but sincerely I want to play it earlier but I want to have for all a ful game release without bugs.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-06-09 16:34:32

I haven't submitted my application yet, because I'm worried about one thing at the moment, and that is, I wonder if this game works correctl with AVG antivirus installed. Games like Crazy Party are currently being quarantined by it and that's scaring me, because I know they aren't viruses. I wouldn't want another awesome game game to fall victim, but if I sign up, try to run it and then the thing gets quarantined, I am worried I would have signed up for nothing because I don't know if it will be fixable because at that point, the file will stay quarantined it seems. Any advice?

2017-06-09 18:20:08

Well if you sign up (and get selected) and it does get quarantined, that is in and of itself valuable testing feedback for us. We'd rather know that's happening now, then have someone purchase the game when it's released only to find out that their antivirus won't let it play. That's a very strange thing, though—hopefully it won't happen with AHC.

On the subject of wanting to play the game early: let's put this to rest...I assume (and hope) that anyone beta testing the game is excited about the opportunity to experience some of what the game has to offer early. If that excitement wasn't there, I'd be a little surprised. But the point being made, and rightly so, is that beta testing is about more than that. So that means that the people we select will be those we think have the best skill set and priorities for getting us the type of feedback we're specifically looking for. Definitely a lot of people who apply will not make the cut—maybe even if they are qualified. We just have to toe the delicate balance between not having enough testers to be useful, and having so many that there's no way such a small team can handle all of the feedback.

2017-06-09 21:03:32

Aaron,

I've heard of people having similar problems with some other anti viruses.

I can suggest using Malware Bytes. It doesn't have this problem, performs well, and is more accessible in my experience than programs like AVG.

Best of luck.

Shadow

2017-06-10 06:39:35

@1
Just checking, is there a closing date for applications?  Glad to hear you're widening your pool of testers to receive what could be critical in-game feedback.

I wish you the best of luck with the selection process.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-06-10 07:03:41

He didn't give any official closing date from what I remember, but he did say that if you send in an application to allow a week or two to go through applications and decide.

2017-06-10 16:46:19

Yeah we don't really have an official closing date, mostly because if someone applies later who we'd absolutely love to have on the testing team, there's nothing stopping us from adding them, whatever the date may be. But in general I'm hoping to get through all these applications and make some decisions by the end of next week.

2017-06-11 01:59:45

As much as I'd love to beta test, I don't know exactly what I could do to help. I'm not a good tester, I haven't tested anything sense 2013. I paid for the game on kick starter, and that's the only thing I can really do. The last thing I can do to help you guys is to wish both yourselves and the beta testers good luck. Hope this helps, and I hope you understand my reason for not signing up.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-06-12 04:42:12

Hey we're certainly not going to hold it against anyone for not signing up. In fact, if you honestly don't think you'd be a killer tester, then not signing up is one of the best things you can do to help. Saves us one more application to have to go through!

2017-06-12 04:50:44

Joseph,
I think you might have gotten about 18,366
applications as there are 18,367 registered users.

2017-06-16 22:06:35

Hay Joseph, have you finished going through all the applications yet? I'm not trying to rush you or anything, but I want to know when I should start checking my junk e-mail folder, just in case your message shows up their instead of in my inbox.
Later!

2017-06-16 22:31:09

I imagine when they finish they'll post or let the lucky ones know.

2017-06-20 21:39:56 (edited by tangela 2017-06-20 21:41:13)

Hi,

I applied shortly after the original call for testers was submitted, however upon checking my sent items I wrote the subject as beta testing application, rather than the full subject posted here. I assume most search filters would also include that, but wanted to check whether I should resubmit.

2017-06-20 23:11:42

Hey all,

I had actually hoped to have everything reviewed and selected over the weekend. Unfortunately, my crazy week at work was followed by a very busy weekend, and now I'm starting a new quarter of classes, and always have to dedicate a bit more time to school for the first week as I try to get everything in order. And next weekend is shaping up to be potentially more full than last. So all that is to say...I want to get respond to the applications by the end of the week, and am reasonably sure I'll be able to, but there are only so many hours in the day. Maybe if AHC takes off big enough that we can quit our day jobs and be full-time dev this won't be an issue on the next game...until then, thanks for your patience.

I will be sure to email everyone, whether they are chosen as a tester or not. I'll also post here and on Twitter once those emails have all been sent. Hopefully that will cover all of our bases.

Tangela, I did receive your application, so no worries. It was one of the first ones we received, actually.

2017-06-20 23:28:42

Ah yes, college. I remember those days myself.

2017-06-21 01:54:08

Ha, grad school. So on the one hand, not as bad as my undergrad because it's not full-time. But on the other hand, they make us read and write more than should ever be expected of a reasonable human being...so there's that.

2017-06-21 04:34:09

i think I posted my application for beta testing shortly after the call was made as well. I talked with someone at OutOfSightGames privately via twitter and got confirmation that they have received my application. So,... I am waiting on the edge of my seat every day. Man, I sure hope I don fall off of it and break my leg or something. Lol. JK.

2017-06-21 06:12:20

I have to say, chosen as a tester or not, I don't think I've ever been this excited for the release of a game. Usually I'm like, it'll get here when it does, but this time I'm mentally pacing, not to mention checking my Email a lot hoping for any updates!

Some of the books I've been reading lately also arent' helping, as they're set in similar sort of settings, and one was even about RPG's.

Joseph, how many of your papers do I need to write to make this go faster? haha