2017-06-08 04:19:47

As we close in on the release of "A Hero's Call", we would like to expand our group of beta testers. However, we aren't prepared to simply open this beta up to anyone—partly because we have to keep the number of testers to a reasonable limit so I'm not overwhelmed with feedback. So if you're interested in volunteering your time as a beta tester, please send an email entitled "Beta Testing Application" to [email protected]; in the body of the email, please answer the following questions:

1. Briefly give us your autobiography as a gamer. What sorts of games do you play, or have exposure to if you aren't able to play them?

2. Have you ever beta tested anything before? If so, please provide details.

3. We have limited spots for beta testers—why should we choose you? What makes you a good beta tester?

4. Approximately how many hours per week can you commit to testing?

5. Did you donate to our Kickstarter campaign?*

Please allow 1–2 weeks for us to go through applications and get back to you, and understand that, depending on how many applications we receive, not everyone who applies will be able to participate in testing the game.

*You don't have to have supported the Kickstarter to apply, but preference will be given to those who supported our campaign. Also, we can look this up, but including it in the application does make it more convenient for us.

2017-06-08 12:45:10

Awesome. I'd apply but I'm torn between wanting to play the game and not wanting to spoil the surprise LOL.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-06-08 13:06:54

Thanks for the opportunity Joseph, went ahead and submited mine.

2017-06-08 14:04:56

Brian p, should've read your post before I applied lol!
Still, if I get chosen and if I can be of help to bring even 0.001% polish to the game/ make the experience better for others,it'd be worth it.

I don't usually tend to go under the hipe of projects and the like,but what these guys have been doing has held my interest since day 1,that is ever since I read about A Heros Call.
For mainly 2 reasons, one being the graphics and being able to play this game with my sighted friends, and the other the sinimatic battle replay option. Its nothing huge, but its fantastic in its simplicity and I am a fan. big_smile

@Joseph,I'd like to second arqmeister and thank you/ the team for allowing us a opportunity to be a part in the development of the beast known as a heros call. big_smile
Grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-06-08 14:38:26

Hey, you guys are the ones we should be thanking. Tester feedback will be crucial in squashing as many bugs as we can before release, as well as in dialing some gameplay balance issues in to the best of our ability.

BryanP, I totally get your conundrum. We certainly won't have any shortage of testers, and I do think there's something to be said about experiencing the finished product without having heard it in-progress first. Whatever you do, though, I hope your first experience with AHC will be a rewarding one.

2017-06-08 14:41:47

Of course the other side of the coin is that I would get to play the game for my birthday, even if I couldn't buy it right when it came out, whenever that turned out to be.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-06-08 14:50:01

Well, I just submitted mine.

2017-06-08 14:56:14

Hi.
Thanks Josef for offering a beta spot to those who are interested and meet your requironments, I already submitted my application and hope to hear from you and the team behind the project.
Greetings moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-06-08 14:57:52

Agreed. Knowing me if I'm chosen I won't be able to put it down.

2017-06-08 16:24:41

wow,what a cool oopportunity, i have just applied

2017-06-08 17:32:31

Hi
That's nice. While I prefer waiting for the release to not have my enjoyment spoiled, I have a little question: how long will the testing period take?

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-06-08 17:52:31

Hello I have just sent in my application, however I would like to clarify something that was unclearly formulated in my original email. I stated that my countrie's laws do not permit the aquiration or spending of money online, this was ment for people who are under the age of 18. I thought it wrong to send another email so soon without a reply.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-06-08 18:06:49

I have sent my application  also, though I accidentally made the subject "beta test applications" and noticed after the fact...

@11 it will depend greatly on how many bugs will be found. It could only be a month or 2 if there's no major bugs, or it could take longer if something serious breaks and it will end up taking time to fix it. Game development can be very unpredictable, there are many different system configurations, and sometimes you'll get your program crashing on 2 or 3 while it works for everyone else. And debugging those kinds of situations can be hard.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2017-06-08 18:33:27

Exactly. It'll take as long as it has to.

2017-06-08 20:10:44

Hi.
I submited my application but I can not pay for it because read in the email.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-06-08 20:49:12

I'm seeing that a few of you are viewing the beta test opportunity as a chance to play the game, rather than to help the development of the game. I hope everyone's applying for the right reasons -- this isn't an offer to get your hands on the game early. In all likelihood, it's an NDA beta testing phase, and you should be treating it as a chance to volunteer your time to help, rather than "Sweet! I got to play the game before release!"

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2017-06-08 20:51:04 (edited by Dakonna 2017-06-08 20:51:32)

it should be said that early access is never the reason I apply for beta testing. If I want early access, I'll ask my parents to pay for early access. If I want to help with the final stages of development, I'll apply for testing. There's a big difference for me.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-06-08 20:55:42

hi
I've also submitted my aplication.

2017-06-08 20:59:40

put mine in earlier today.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-06-08 21:28:10

Hey guys—just so you know, you really don't need to post here that you've submitted your application. The reason we asked for a specific subject line to a specific address is so that we can easily see what applications we've received. I mean, it doesn't hurt anything if you announce it here, but it definitely isn't necessary.

Kai, don't worry, we're well aware that there will always be gamers whose real motivation is just to get their hands on the game early. That's another reason we aren't doing a wide-open beta for anyone who wants to participate.

2017-06-08 21:46:02

Hello guys!
I have also submitted my application.

2017-06-08 22:14:08

True. I won't deny that was a small part of it for me but as I said in the Email it'd also be an honor to help, however trivially, to insure that the product has as few bugs as realistically possible by the time it's officially released.

2017-06-08 22:34:39

My thoughts exactly. I'm all about bug squashing. I think of games like Entombed, and despite how great that game is, it still has bugs. Maybe we can avoid this by being competent testers.

2017-06-08 22:37:18

Agreed with Kai, Brian and Arc completely. Unfortunately, the ehtnusiasm about getting a game early seems to be a way too common problem with people who want to beta test for anything that is open to such. People forget what the real purpose of testing a game is... and it's not just to play it a few months ahead of everyone else.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-06-08 23:07:17

So I'm curious, how clogged is your inbox right now with that subject line?