2017-06-07 16:41:38 (edited by daigonite 2017-06-07 16:42:17)

Hey, I'm on a twitter network called "Game Developer Network" and they have really wanted to do an accessibility/audiogame themed game jam, not at the moment but in the near future. I'm way too busy to provide direct support though, so I thought that collaborating with this network would be a good idea. It might be a good opportunity to have indie devs experiment with audio game dev.

Their twitter network is here: https://twitter.com/GameDevNetwork_

Let me know if anyone is interested.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2017-06-08 00:43:42

Hi,
lol, didn't expect such a thing coming from this direction.
As a developer who is participating in the Global Game Jam for several years now I'd be happy to see such influence hitting even such crowds. I think hosting such a game jam will teach the developers more respect to sound in general, and to visually impaired people in special. And even if it doesn't, it's a good situation to think about better ways to include sound and other techniques more efficiently and more fitting into your own products.
So, all in all, i'm a fan of such an idea, so if you can, just support it, maybe we'll see such a game jam coming sooner or later.

Best Regards.
Hijacker

2017-06-09 19:57:03

I need to do some more research on what a game jam actually is, I've only heard the term.