2017-05-22 16:57:01

Is there an app or some way to make ios tell you the speed of the wi-fi signal? If there isn't one for ios, a pc program will work too. The internet in the place where I live and work changes speed drastically depending on how many people are using it. Late at night or early in the morning, I can stream videos over the decreased speed of a vpn no problem, but around later evening, like right now, the wifi can make my phone's 2g data look fast. I can usually guess when the wifi will be slow by what time it is, but sometimes it's slow when I think it will be fast, and I wish I had a way to check this before trying to do something on the internet. If my American phone got 3 or 4g here, I would probably use way too much money on phone data. lol

2017-05-22 20:54:28

The speed test app is accurate enough and fairly accessible last time I checked, hope it helps!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speedte … 04847?mt=8

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2017-05-24 14:45:29

It seems to work grate! I found that pretending to be in Japan to read the endless stream of crap that is facebook makes my "good" connection of 20 mbs down and 14 mbs up go down to 4 mbs and 7 mbs respectively. Also, during the worst time of the end of dinner break it was down to 0.20 mbs down (a little faster than edge data) and 0.00 mbs up (too slow for the test) yuck! lol Still interesting to see just how slow my internet was when cerie couldn't work. Also, I want to test this when I am somewhere where my phone can again get 3 and 4g data, or somewhere in a larger city with faster internet. I have rarely seen much faster than 25 mbs for download speeds here.
I want to try and play things like bk3 and eurofly, but that would take all night to download assuming they weren't using a google based server to host the game, which most people seem to use. This also assumes the internet doesn't cut out after an hour or so, which also happens a lot.
My students play a lot of Japanese games, maybe one of them has already downloaded one of the bk games. smile