2017-05-20 14:39:47

hello everyone, the post about everyones top 5 muds got me thinking.

I am really moving towards the portable game road as having games on the move and for travel purposes appeals to me a lot more than games on the pc lately.

so I am compiling my favourite 5 in no particular order, I would love to see your favourites so we can compare taste in games etc.

1. lords and knights
I am listing this 1 first simply because I have been playing it for nearly 2 years, so for 1 thing it has longevity. its a simple war strategy MMO played in real time online multiplayer.

2. King of dragon pass
this game I recently picked up after listening to Dark's explanation of the game, I have been meaning to buy it for years but to many people put me off saying its to complex.  but although theres quite a bit to take in, it certainly gets rewarding if you are prepared to put in the initial effort.

3. Crafting kingdom
this game is a recent addition and is strangely very addictive, although there is nothing else to do but make goods and money it has this please keep playing me factor,  the recent update also has made it much more enjoyable.

4. Football chairman
ok. back in 2007 I went totally blind, and before then I used to play football manager every day, this game is the closest thing to it,   the only bad thing is you can't pick the starting 11 on match day but its the best I have found out there that's accessible.

5. Sixth sense
this is a really cool arcade style zombie shooter, great sounds and 10 different zombies to slaughter, its just a bit short and I wish there was more of a story backdrop to it.

2017-05-20 15:14:34

nice topic there Shrike, thumbs up for a fun idea.

Ios games (and perhaps Android ones too), are a rather broad category to pick five from, being as there is everything from complex rpgs to short arcade games to puzzles, but I'll have a go, again no particular order here and no promises as to any sort of inherent logic.

1: King of dragon pass (I bet nobody is surprised). Part gamebook, part strategy, part rpg, part history, all fun! difficult to get into as Shrike said though well worth the effort.

2: Fate haven. There are of course god knows how many choiceofgames and hosted games these days kicking around, probably over a hundred. I haven't played all of them by any stretch of the imagination, but of those I've played Fate haven really stands out. There are games with more choice (choice of robots), there are games with more battles and magic, and there are games with longer more complex plotlines, but Fate haven just manages to strike that balance just right.

It also manages to do something  is if not impossible, certainly bloody difficult, include probably every fantasy cliché in the book, peasant from tiny farming village (which of course gets destroyed), mysterious stranger, elemental magic, standard D&D type weapons and attributes, not to mention all the expected races, mercenaries, rollocking adventures with evil sorcerers and insane religious cults.
yet, for some reason it gets everything just that bit right, from it's characters to it's relationships to the final understanding of the world and even a slightly fourth wall breaking but  amazingly appropriate ending.

3: A dark room. I had to toss up between this and the ensign, and indeed the adventure to fate games. Dark room won for it's absolutely and story telling and the fact that the rpg mechanics are just so dam logical and simple. I'll not say anymore, but if you love rpgs, with addictive worlds, grim writing and a uniqute flavour you will love this, it's sequel, the ensign is good too.

4: Blindfold breakout. Play breakout with your phone as a paddle. Arcade action at finest, and a truly unique experience.
There are a lot of blindfold games (most still need entries on this site), and while I don't always agree with some of the design decisions, the actual quality of the work done is definitely there, and this especially shows in the arcade games, this is the one I tend to pick up for a quick blast, though I confess when picking my favourite I had to work hard to decide between this and blindfold hopper.

5: Pappasangre ii: If indeed this has been abandoned by it's developers that is bloody sad! the culmination of lots of work with awesome audio atmosphere and great control, definitely a real classic, especially given the narration by sean bean.

Football chairman is not a game I know, me not being a sports person, though I'd be interested if you wanted to write a description for new releases.
Sixth sense I liked, but it was rather beaten by audio defense, which managed to do a similar thing but with unlockables and 3d movement.

I love crafting kingdom, but the slowness of navigating the interface is putting me off the game rather, when the bugs are fixed I'll definitely get back to the game.

other games I like but didnt' mention include star traders elite, brilliant game, but I do wish they'd fix the planets list so you can know what is where around you and what belongs to what faction, the amazing adventure to fate rpg games, which are wonderful to play but definitely complex in their combat, tactics and equipment, the amazing time crest which I deeply enjoyed up to the point I seem to reach an unwinnable situation in the fourth chapter, the very good turn based card game lost cities, and from the choiceofgames/hosted games list, mecha ace, samurai of Hyuga, and  choice of robots.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-05-20 18:38:27

you have reminded me Dark of a few games I previously bought  and never liked,  such as, papa's anger and audio defence.

I went on the ap store to re download them, and to my dismay they are not there anymore.

I think that's a bit naughty from apple as I have paid for them aps and due to space issues on my device I was under the impression I could remove them only to download them at a later date.

Star traders interested me a lot but I never had a clue what I was doing so I gave up, maybe someone has an audio description of it.

I also think I will try fate haven, that sounds like its a type of game I would like

2017-05-20 23:57:49

Unfortunately the adventure to fate games seem to be a bit broken under IOS 10, which is a shame.

2017-05-21 15:06:34

oh and a couple of other games I had that were quite good but I deleted them due to space issues were,

wheres my rubber ducky
this is a free 3d arcade shooter game that is actually not bad.

ear monsters
another arcade style shooting game that I enjoyed.

mousekick
a lot of people liked this but I thought it was rather boring, but someone else might like it

nebula
this game had some bug issues last time I played it, but it looks really promising, a cool spaceship shooter.

2017-05-21 16:49:29

Yep, adventure to fate did go rather buggy on Ios 10 which is a shame, I hope touchmint is going to fix things since I really do want to get more into the games than I have thus far.

Likewise, I think somethinelse who developed pappasangre, audio defense etc have pretty much abandoned the games, but of course because Apple have a "update your software or die" policy the games are no longer available or even usable.
A real shame, particularly since other than a blind legend (which I had rather problems with navigation in), there isn't really much similar in audio adventure terms.

For Star traders elite, I did write a getting started guide which you can find in the articles room. I do wish the developers did the same on Ios as they did do on android and gave us a galaxy map, since as it stands you pretty much have to sit around with a planet list open to see what belongs to what faction.
That being said, the game with it's open ended gameplay, achievements and many different ships is fantastic, ---- a shame the sequel had to use a crappy inaccessible engine, though to the developer's credit they did return everyone kickstarter donations.

nebula I am afraid I wasn't a fan of. The developers had a good idea of integrating access in a graphical arcade shooter, but the audio information just wasn't adequate to the task, especially when it came to enemy shots, the audio just wasn't precise enough.Conversely with the other audio space invaders, space encounter from Audio it, (or whatever they're calling themselves now), the audio was great, but the gameplay a little too easy, though I will say I ddo enjoy space encounter when I just want to make things go booom! :!
I also hear that the blindfold series have produced a space invaders game, which I'll need to try out.

Ear monsters was a nice idea but a slightly inaccurate execution I thought.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-05-21 17:08:48

gunners top5 ios/droid game list, with also a few honorable mentions at the end

1. a blind legend
3d adventure game perfectly designed, with good voice acting. storyline, and most of all action

2. sixth sense
my name wouldn't be smoov gunner if I didn't have a shooter at the top of the list lol

3. hanging with friends
great word game similar to hang man, that you can play against with sighted friends, mainly a girlfriend

4. lost cities
fun card game based on luck and strategy

5. fruit ninja
not assessable with voice over, but its definitely playable. its mindless fun to chop up some fruits for a high score to kill some time

honorable mentions

Pappasangre
very good 3d adventure game, the controls were a bit clunky at times which made it drop on my list, but still a good game

bluff wars
very fun trivia crack type game, where you try and get your opponent to pick your answer to score points instead of trying to get the question correct.

dice with buddies
yaghtci dice game that I first started playing before I found out about dice world.

turf wars
fun mobster wars type game where you try and be the big boss in town, and try to take over all the turfs around the world. this dropped on my list because the turf map is horrible with voice over

blindfold tile puzzle
puzzle game that really makes you use your brain. it dropped on my list because I didn't play it to often even though im a big fan of puzzle games

one foundation
puzzle card game similar to solitare. another game I enjoyed but just didn't play to often

gun slinger by aprone
fun shooter, that let you customize your character and weapons, ride vehicles, take over other players safe houses, it also had a lot of cool modes like capture the flag, bombs away mode where you find a bomb in a building full of innocent people, and you have to run with the bomb outside before it explodes. I did love this game, the reason why it never made my list is because this game does not exist loool. just a bit of humor for the day, aprone we miss ya big guy

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-05-21 18:31:39

I don't really have a top 5 as I have been a little out of the loop lately with mobile gaming. However I'd like to put two android games in here, which are both around 90% accessible once you disable the adds.
FIr off we have guess the song, which has unlockable trivia music categories. Silly me, I purchased the premium coin pack because I wanted to get rid of the adds and got a metric ton of coins, and I'm wondering if I could have purchased a lower amount which might have still removed the ads. I've now accidentally made things too easy for me.
The second game is quite an interesting one. Dragon trader, which lets you sell stuff like food, weapons and such, going from city to city, but there's also combat and stuff in the game too. ONce the adsa are disabled it's fully accessible accept for the bits at the top with numbers aren't labeled, instead of saying 100 gold it says 100. I am very much tempted to contact the dev about this beause they keep on listening to feedback it seems.

2017-05-22 17:34:51

I don't often play a lot of games but here are some I've liked, or found interesting.

1: 7 words or 7 little words. It's like a cross word puzzle, but the letters come in little groups. Also, it takes very little internet to download each puzzle, so it's still a great game to play where I work. :d

2 Papa Sangre II I recently deleted it because of space, and it was having issues even though I have been virtually flipping off apple by not updating. I liked the concept and the 3d sound. I think they could've added more to the backstory but the game play was really interesting, and probably some of the closest a totally blind person will get to vr.

3 A Blind Legent. Same kind of 3d experience, my phone had some issues with it, but it was still playable. also, this didn't use internet after it was loaded.

4 Audio game hub. My phone has issues when it gets to clicking on things in small spaces, like when there are 25 animals to match, but the sound and space to frequency thing where things lower on the screen make lower sounds is an interesting idea.

5 crafting kingdom

some others:
for android: Lockpick if it's still available(the last droid I had was running jellybean.)  The vibration feedback that allowed someone to play without looking or hearing once it was started is something that would've been nice to play when I was sitting on the subway in the last place I volunteered. Also the different vibration frequencies that make it feel like the phone is actually grinding against something before your pick snaps is pretty cool.

trivia crack before it became practically inaccessible. At least when I last used it, it was getting very difficult to use.

2017-05-23 09:52:05

Hi all! Since I use android, my preferred games are:
Dice world, I simply love it;
Star Traders;
Trivia Crack Kingdoms iven if there are a type of question in wich you have to give 5 answers in 30 seconds but, if you are lucky it will not show a often;
There was a text game in wich you have to pick a car and customize it as you progress in the game winning races based on your skylls and those of your opponent; a bit like a card game.
There are other games but simply I can't remember the titles, really sorry.

Claudio

2017-05-23 11:03:01

@Arcadia, trivia crack is a game I've had for  while myself and did consider giving a db entry to, but since they bought in all this stupidity about collectable cards and coins for machines and what not the access is waaaay down, I haven't even been able to do the tutorial.
it's a shame you can't just ignore all that sort of rubbish and just play the trivia game itself.

2017-05-23 11:16:10

Hi Dark! Just try Trivia Crack Kingdoms; for me it's just much better. You can choose to play in different categories of questions and you can eather create your "channel" as they call the categories. Just try it

Claudio

2017-05-23 12:14:44

A lot of my favourite mobile games have been pulled for one reason or another, so I can't make a top 5. If not for its nonexistance, Audio Defence, Papasangre and Aurifi would have been there. Blind Legend is definitely awesome, though if anyone is willing to put up with Steam and has 7 euros hanging around I'd very strongly suggest you play the PC/Mac port instead as it controls better and has even higher quality audio. I need to revisit some of the blindfold games, especially now that many of the prices have gone down (Breakout is one I really enjoyed the demo of so I should pick it up again). The 2 games I'm coming back to consistently on my iPhone have to be dice world and fruit pot. Dice World probably doesn't need an introduction. As for Fruitpot, it's a slot machine game that manages to be surprisingly not in your face with in-app purchases, in fact the more you play without paying, the more you'll get if you do decide to give the guy some real money. There's some excellent VoiceOver support making use of rotor actions, and a progression system where you can use the chips you won to buy items from different stores. Buying out all items in a store will unlock a new symbol on the machine that will pay out more money, hide symbols for a limited time to make hitting jackpots easier or trigger one of several minigames. It's definitely one to look at if you have an iPhone especially considering it's free.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2017-05-23 14:19:57

yes, I forgot to mention fruit pot,its a wonderful game to pass a spare half hour.

Also I tried to get into trivia crack although it was really bad with accessibility so I gave up on it, but then I found a who wants to be a millionaire quiz ap that's fully accessible.

there are 3 sports sim games available to, basketball agent, nhl hockey agent and soccer agent, whereby you are the agent and recruit up to 40 promising sportstars, aiming to fleece them along the way for all they are worth, buying cars, boats real estate luxury items etc.

for me mobile gaming is the futureand I hope awesome developpers like Aprone and Oriel Gomes start dipping there toes in the mobile market.

BTW, Dark, the latest crafting kingdom update has made it a lot better even though when you have tons of products on the go it does noticeably slow down.

2017-05-23 18:18:20

Hi.
I want to play free pot but I have onli an iphone with ios 4.1.
And how is dice world on android?

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-05-23 21:01:58

Hi all can someone suggest me any good android phone game. I try to find the shooting games for android but I don't find this type of games yet.

2017-05-24 14:35:21

@Claudio, I might give that a go. I did see the advertisement for trivia crack kingdoms, but I wasn't sure on the access and after trivia crack buggered things up I wasn't too eager to try it out.
Fruitpot is another I need to give a go to, I think I've heard of it but not tried it out, ditto with diceworld.

@Shrike, I think the Crafting kingdom update didn't make it to the Uk before yesterday, so I'll give the game a try nowI certainly have had lots of fun with the game,  the slowness of navigation  not encouraging me to play.

As to mobile gaming being "thee future" or anything like that, i wouldn't go that far. There are things that mobile devices can do that pc cannot, eg, touch screen input portability and gyroscope play where you move around.
On the other hand, with limited keyboard access there are things i just would not! want to do on Ios, mudding for instance, heck even with games with more complex interfaces like King of dragon pass, things can move a little slower than on pc since you cannot use keyboard shortcuts to navigate, read or perform in game functions.
Likewise, while I enjoy touch screen and gyro control, I would not want to play all! games like that.

For me therefore it's more a case of  different devices for different types of experience than saying one is the future or one is better than another or the like.

2017-05-24 15:07:13

at Dark, that is why I stopped trivia crack a long time ago. I saw the ad for trivia crack kingdoms, but thought it would be a similar experience to the one I was currently having at the time, so I didn't try it. As for mobile games being the future, I think they are an ever increasing part of the gaming market, but there will always be games better to play on the big screen for sighted players, or better to play with a keyboard. Alter Aeon on ios or android without a keyboard = no no no! I think there are advantages and disadvantages to both though, and I'm glad both options are out there.

2017-05-24 22:27:09

sorry I meant mobile gaming is becoming more and more popular, and maybe the developers I mentioned earlier could get more rewarded for there efforts financially when titles like king of dragon pass are retailing at £9.99.

Castaways on IOS for example would appeal to me a lot.

2017-05-25 07:16:05

Well it's true that the mobile platform potentially reaches more people, though actually if anything prices for mobile games tend to be less. Plus of course, mobile games don't as often have playable demos.

while I wouldn't disagree castaways would be fun on Ios, at the same time I can't imagine handling all those keyboard commands to quickly flick between your worker types so you can change them around and do jobs dynamically would work  on a touch screen, likewise I do mouse and dynamic keyboard input in Swamp.

Yesterday I started playing saga of the north wind from Choiceofgames on my IPhone and it's looking good, nice to try one of these again.
those I definitely do! prefer on Ios.

2017-05-25 10:05:22

Hi.
I logged with facebook with this dice world but I see the user name and password edit boxes here.
Can you help me?

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-05-31 02:38:48

Okay, I just started again on Crafting kingdom, and I'm loving the update that makes it possible to navigate the screens without all that jumping around.

I don't know if it would be a favourite game, but I can heartily recommend it, it's surprisingly addictive big_smile.