2017-05-27 15:45:35

In that case, I would just get the normal one. Not worth shelling out the money if you don't plan on spending longterm time playing it. haha.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-05-27 18:22:31

Ha ok, thanks for your help, was seriusly unsure of it, I will check up on the games faq movelist when it's available.
I always plan to get into a fighting game more hardcore like all you others, but then I can't find the time and I hop over to another game again xD.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-05-27 18:44:56

Not all of us are hardcore. I just love playing them more than any other genre... but I'm no means hardcore. I win as much as I lose. I spend as much even time as I can with all the fighting games I play.

2017-05-28 17:05:24

@simba, did you figure out what edition you were getting for Tekken?

2017-05-29 08:18:09

Hi.
Yeah, I guess I will get the normal one and get the season pass later on if good dlc's are available eventually. It's also cheaper, with marvel vs capcom infinits and KOF on the line too, it's the better deal.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-05-29 20:11:45

Yeah... I'm definitely planning on getting infinite as well. Probably next month when I get a little bit more money.

2017-05-29 21:52:11

I'm very excited for infinite.    I just redownloaeded UMVC3, hope it's a bit less crazy than that was.   I find that incredibly difficult.

2017-05-29 23:50:21

Hi
Ah ok, I just found the training mode in ki, let's adapt to the button layout, i still dont get how you should link combo starters into combo links into combo finishers, but I will try my best and see what I can make of it.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-05-30 17:20:36

The combo system is actually not that complicated. It's a lot of fun, but the concept is simple... combo openers are certain special moves which sometimes also serve as linkers. Between openers, linkers and enders, there are two kinds of optional attacks you can use, either auto-doubles or manuals. the basic combo order would look like this.
Opener, manual / auto double, linker, auto double, ender.

That is the most basic description of the order attacks are used in the game... and obviously, you add more auto doubles in between, but that is the basic flow.

2017-05-30 17:26:47

Hi.
Yeah, I tried some moves with Jago yesturday, and the openers did some other things when I hit punches or kicks, but it more seamed like button mashing to me, I still need to get used to this. Wasn't there a recording of the game explaining the system?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-05-30 17:45:53

not that I know of... and every fighting game will be like button mashing until you get used to it.

2017-05-30 21:12:24

Hi.
Ah darn, than I have to see how it works out in the end, I basically know what I want to do, but how I should pull it off is another question, I guess I am thinking far to complicated here, but I currently can't get my head around the system.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-05-30 21:16:47

Just follow this order
opener, auto double, linker, auto double, ender

2017-05-30 22:23:33

Hi.
Ok thanks, I watched some guide on youtube and I think I get the basics.
One thing. what I had for example that the announcer was saying insane, and ones said insane combo. Is there a difference or is that the same after all?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-05-30 22:29:23

If you do not hear the word combo, that means you connected a series of hits but didn't end it properly. so all the damage you would normally have gotten from a combo that long isn't applied because without a proper combo ender, the game doesn't register it as a combo, it just counts how many hits you counted before you stopped.

2017-05-30 22:53:37

Ok, that makes it good, seams I still need to learn a lot, sometimes I just try to pull off a longer combo and mess up everything because my coordination fails me.
If I got that right, when an oponent catches you in a combo, you can get out via a combo breaker. So, is that accessible or are there little QTE's messing that up?
Greetings Moritz.

2017-05-30 23:15:00

There are no QTE's, but combo breaking is a matter of guesswork, combined with listening to the hit sounds and seeing if you can figure out which will come next. You have to press both attack buttons of the same strength, as there are six of them... and you have to time it right as well. They are probably one of the harder parts to figure out as a blind player.

2017-06-02 09:42:58

So, I read some reviews about Tekken 7, and apparently the frame rate seems to drop in some stages of the game in the console version. If it is true I hope it doesn't impact the experience to much. Still now I may really consider getting it on PC. Mine has an I7, with a GTX-970 allong with 16 GB RAM, so I guess I should be able to avoid that with the required parameters set the appropriate way. Then I don't know, if these frame rate problems aren't to noticible I may change my mind and get it on PS4.

2017-06-02 10:48:53

so I don't currently have a link, but maximillian just spoke of a leaked roster for Marvel infinite.  It's incredibly underwhelming to say the least.  Unfortunately this leaker has credibility, so I'm hoping he's wrong.  If he's right, I'm less than enthused to buy the game at launch, which is the opposite to how I felt before.

2017-06-02 13:15:22

Well, for Tekken 7, it depends on how much the framerate drops.. but not enough to be a problem, otherwise there would be mentions of it, and so far, I actually haven't heard any reviews say that.

Regards to the marvel roster... hard to know if I should be enthused or not, but honestly, I tend to buy these even if there are a bunch of characters I've never heard of. Gives me good inscentive to learn more about them.

2017-06-02 21:54:52

Well, I'll have to check english reviews eventually, but I know there are french reviews that mention that kind of problem. Still they say the game is good nonetheless, so it must not be too important.

2017-06-02 21:59:30

Also remember the game's been out already for almost 3 years... the pro players are loving it. You'll find it hard to find complaints from competetive players and people who have played the arcade version. Those are the opinions I'm basing my own judgement on until I can play it, rather than the reviews who have only just picked up the console port. People will complain about anything... especially with fighting games, their quality is often measured by how long they last in the tournament scene.

2017-06-03 15:07:54

A few things.
I'm still learning  killer instinct I've had it for about 4 weeks and it's the infinate edition.  I've been not playing cause i' in between living places atm. My problem is i can't think fast enough to do the combos I sitll mnage to do a few combos and win but that's aginst the AI another person would probably kick my ass into next week.  As far as tekken 7 I want to buy it but right now I'm cringing at the  price. also I can't remember is it available for xbox?1?

2017-06-03 15:30:37

Hi.
At Michael, yeah, I get your point, doing combos is something hard to learn in the beginning and you are wasting much time on it, but with experience comes a better understanding of the game.
And yes, Tekken 7 is available on xBox 1.

2017-06-03 20:09:10 (edited by pulseman45 2017-06-03 20:45:59)

As for Tekken 7's price, I'll have to check how many the Deluxe Edition costs on steam compared to PS4, because I may be interested. Though I have to admit, that jukebox from the PS4 version is neet, because I am not too convainced by this game's soundtrack. The question is, does it only contain the console versions of the tracks or also the arcade versions? I mean, I prefer the arranged tracks from Tekken 2 by far, but when it comes to Tekken 3 it is a way more complicated story.