2017-05-06 12:58:28

Hi.
Does some one knows how to rung pacman talks on lstest windows.
I have windows 10 and after running the game I have alot off errors like error reading game.dm, and after that he game runs but it works not correctly, I dont hear dots etc.
I know that it doesnt works on windows xp also.
I have heared that oldest version of pacman talks like 1.0 is working correctly, but on gma games site I see version 1.1.
Does some one knows any way how to make this game working or have version version 1.0.
I remember that I have had version 1.0 and it worked fine on my windows 7 machine, but I have lost this version.

2017-05-06 14:40:29

mojsior

I'm the developer of PackMan Talks.
In newer version of Windows you need to install the game in a special folder and not the default that is suggested.
The game was developed for Windows 98 but also worked well in Windows xp.
It is written in VB6 so also needs the VB 6 libraries that are included in other GMA games.
I suggest creating a folder in,
c:\users\mojsior\games
Then try running it from there or with the PackMan desktop Icon.

2017-05-06 14:55:54

No I have installed this game in CC:\users\mojsior\games\pacman talks and there is the same situation mismatch errors.
Maybe I am doing somethink wrong or I dont have some components I will send you a private message with all error alerts.

2017-05-06 15:20:20

I have sended you a private message contains all error alerts.
Check this.

2017-05-10 05:17:19

Hi.
Together with pill and David Greenwood from gma games whe have fixed these problem with this game and now it works for me.
This game uses old gma game engine, which has some problems with some regional settings, so this game won't works, when I have set my regional settings to Polish so I need to have my settings set to Inited states.
I know that this game should be updated, but phill was said that he will not work on this game anymore.

2017-05-10 12:41:53

mojsior

It is Phil not Pill but thanks for adding the fix.
I have never changed my region settings.
It would be good to have that described step by step.
To fix that problem I would have to re-write the entire game as many of the programming features were changed.
Right now I am still working on updating the Sarah game to make it work with the latest GMA game engine.