2017-05-04 09:25:59

So the flood of space and under ocean sounds rekindled my fascination for strange and mysterious recordings... and I found this. These recordings are creepy, whatever else you might say... I'm not usually into horro / creepy / scary things, but there's just something about mysterious unexplainable recordings captured in audio that draws me in a very morbid way, similar to my fascination with North Korea and its completely censored media. Comment and discuss these... and best not t listen at night! The most disturbing recording is possibly the most historically... the clip from an audio tape captured at the Jonestown Massacre in 1978. You read about this historical act of masse murder... but hearing it changes things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00l2OmnApp8&t=508s

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-05-04 10:49:15

Sorry for behing too ignorant, but how was recorded sounds on space cause there's no way to reproduce sounds there?

2017-05-04 11:42:04

@brian.kurosawa: Nasa has developed probes that can pick up audio signals from planets. This is why the recordings have to be compressed for the human ear, because you are right, if we were there I don't think we'd be able to hear it ourselves.

2017-05-04 14:00:17

Okay here's some nominations:

Challenger/columbia audio feeds. Absolutely heartbreaking and creepy to listen to knowing what will unfold.

I avoid anything 9/11 related personally but he news from that day definitely qualifies.

In 1961 IIRC two ham radio operators tuned into the Soviet space frequencies and captured a fatally horrific reentry with a female cosmonaut.
Any numbers station

Dial up modems. Freaky as hell, really, just....freaky.

A Geiger counter is creepy and terrifying.

And lastly, any sort of emergency notification system. EAS on V and radio, screw that thing....it's creepy and terrifying even in recorded form

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-05-04 17:44:51

You should've provided links to them. lol and I don't think Dial up modems or electric warning tones are that creepy... but that might just be me? They're definitely intriguing to hear and are very mysterious sounds for sure, though.

2017-05-04 17:48:41

I also got some stuff, to sharebut first my opinion on those recordings
Wow, I am usually someone who isnt scared of those things, but the first recording from the radio station gave ne the creaps, and I hadn't turned my headphones down, so yeah.
Some other creapy stuff is,
Number station, me and a friend tuned in to UVB 76, which is a russian number station sending out messages from time to time, when they dont send, you hear a buzzer in the background, sounding like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCC8Xb7K0c8
you will hear 8 buzzes before the message starts, it is rumored to be a warning system, when the buzzer ends, the russian country is in danger.
This is actually just one rumor, the buzzer changed frequence and pitch a few times.
Also, I have an old german number station from the 19 70's german democratic republic here, u will hear some tones before the words "Achtung, Achtung", will appear, meaning "Atention, Atention"
After that, you will hear groops of 5 numbers each, announced twice, hear you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NgnwCugHsg
those who know the german numbers will notice that some are pronounced differently, that's due to the quality of the station, you had to know which numbers are used, so they used the military pronountiations for some numbers, the 2 and the 5, if you want, I can also tell you how this works if you want to hear it.
Another scary thing are the jericho trumpets, these were small sirens attached to german Stukas, which were planes which would dive down, drop their load and race off again, one beeing the Junkers JU 87 fighter plane. when those planes were coming down, they made an eary sound, which can be described as psychological warfare, these sirens were also attached to bombs when they fall, here is a recording.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73UvmWXZfmA
The recording is from the Wochenschau, which was a weekly news broadcast during the Nazi times.
And for the last one, yeah, germany again.
I guess you all heard some parts of Hitlers speaches where he shouts at his followers. But were you ever wondering how he really sounded? There is actually just one recording available where you can hear him speak normaly, and here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNRTWLXdX3o

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-05-04 18:21:14

Yeah.. I've read about number stations, and apparently there are also rumours that they aren't warning systems, but coded messages passing through radio space to someone or something. Creepy indeed! And hearing people who are historically known to be evil speaking, like Jim Jones or Hitler, is very very unsettling.

2017-05-04 21:06:50

I take my last post back... the dial up modem just got very creepy indeed! Listen to this version of it slowed down by 700%. Right out of the scariest horror film you've ever watched!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF2v32xCD0Y

2017-05-05 02:57:41

@brian.kurosawa
To elaborate on the recordings from space, planets and other objects give off electromagnetic radiation and radio waves that we can pickup and convert into sound with Radio's and recievers. This is the basis for the subfield of [Radio Astronomy]. Earths own ionosphere tends to reflect EM radiation and radiowaves however, which is one of the reasons why probes like Cassini are equipped with [radio and plasma instruments] so we can gather more detailed data that we otherwise may not be able to detect.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-05-05 15:45:07

Hi
And what do you think about those ones? They really scare.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-05-05 20:13:28

The number stations actually don't scare me that much... they're more mysterious than creepy or erie, but that's just me, maybe. haha. It's possible that it isn't that creepy because I can't understand what they're saying because it's in Russian. But the rest of those... definitely creepy! Exorcism videos always freak me out.

2017-05-06 00:16:13

Hi Assault_Freak.
Wow that was scary. Especially the area 51 thing! The radio broadcast with the chanting and reading of people who died was weird. It reminded me of the papa sangre games lol. I think Jim Jones was the worst of those recordings! He was a monster and a false prophet! I didn't know there was a recording of him at all. I wonder if David Koresh made a recording of himself before he killed everybody in his compound?
The Vietnam recordings I understand. That was a way to defend themselves. So many Americans were brutally killed going into those tunnels they were a terrible place. Something else I remember was the Vietnamese thinking the ace of spades or one of those was bad luck. The U.S. soldiers had an American playing card company print up packs and packs of them and would leave them behind in the tunnels.
I can't think of any creepy recordings off the top of my head right now but I'll try to think of some soon.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-05-06 00:55:37

Well, as a result of the recordings posted here, I've been obsessing over the number station my stery all day... and they definitely are very mysterious, and a little creepy... it's kind of like a blackhole. Here's a collection of number station recordings for those who enjoy them. I heard many of them today... and found that they don't scare me per say, but definitely unsettle... and definitely are somewhat creepy and bizarre.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJSFMdnHX8E

2017-05-06 18:26:30

Here are a couple of nominations:
the February 20, 1971 emergency broadcast system false activation. In a nut shell, instead of the regularely scheduled EBS test which used to be conducted by the air force each Saturday morning, the teletype operator accidentally picked the wrong tape off the hook (the one for a real national emergency) and set off a nationwide panick.
You can hear two radio announcers dealing with this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B1EAeh6H_I
This probably would have been a lot scarier if heard live during the cold war, but an interesting piece of history nonetheless.
I would also nominate almost any PSA produced by the likes of Australia or New Zealand.
They're probably a lot more frightening if you can see the visuals as well, but still try sleeping after listening to a youtube playlist of 50 of these things late at night. They tend to hold nothing back when it comes to gore and horror.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2017-05-06 22:20:04

Hi.
What do you mean by PSA? I heard of that term before, but cant put that anywhere.
That recording were you heard Hitler talking normaly didnt really scare me, it was just strange hearing a madman talk normaly.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-05-06 22:35:22

PSA stands for public service announcements. Drug warnings, traffic light caution warnings, escaped criminals, things like that. And number stations creep me out lots more than hearing Hitler or Jim Jones talking.

2017-05-06 22:37:03

nPSA is Public Service Announcement.

Alright. CVR time, you bastards tongue I was hunting for  one earlier....so here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZaApBz … FUP8mTyEE5

Enjoy that playlist. Not my creation but here. Try to sleep after that lot.

Also, whoever mentioned the Aussie PSA....No. There's a Japanese commercial that actually sent people to hospital with actual heart attacks. I believe it was fore a winter tire. Sheesh. I'm not trusting that company now.

Also on Linux natively

2017-05-06 23:10:19

Cool cockpit recordings! I don't really see what's so scary about these, though.

2017-05-07 13:24:12

The recordings that give me chills every time are the ones from the day President Kennedy was shot.
It's especially unsettling when you hear a recording that starts out when things were still normal on that day, and you know what's going to happen.
Google

2017-05-07 18:28:23

You guys made me thinking about myself more deeply. I listened to everything! provided there and nothing even disturbed me. Really.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-05-08 06:41:43 (edited by Dan Gero 2017-05-08 06:42:56)

Only 1 thing among all those recordings scared me, that 1 was the 1995 New York radio station hack. And that 1 genuinely scares the hell out of me. Not sure why though, it's just a video.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-05-08 07:10:33

This came up in a discussion with Simba....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfh9-ogUgSQ

Also, and I don't have the link to it, the Germanwings CV is extremely unsettling knowing the complete story of what was going on. And not a CVR but it's a documentary, Silkair Flight 185, the Mayday episode was creepy simply because of why it happened.

Also on Linux natively