2017-05-02 22:42:15

Hello Nikos.
Be patient, I'll bet he's a busy guy, I'm sure he will reply to you eventually. He probably gets a lot of requests like this.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-05-02 23:26:43

Yeah I suppose he does, I wait.

2017-05-02 23:59:52

Hi.
I have bad news.
Munawar was replied me shortly, that he is not going to do anythink with treasure hunt, so if I understand correctly, this game is permanetly abandoned, so you will not have any possibility to purchase or get this game as free anymore.
Maybe some one will write any codegenerator like this for bsc game which will allows you to generate your license based on your product id.
If you want I have a latest copy of treasure hunt, I can send it and give a link here

2017-05-03 02:19:13

I have the latest version of the game just not a reg code LOL.

2017-05-03 03:13:44

I also have only demo.

2017-05-03 11:45:32

Creating a key generator would be very difficult without the source code to the game. Someone would have to reverse engineer the game to figure out how a key is calculated from the product ID. If I understand the license system correctly, unless somebody does this, the full version is effectively lost forever, even though the actual data still exists. Without either a hacked together key generator or cooperation from the developer, nobody can ever register the game on any computer where it was not previously registered. Even if someone has a working registration key, it will only work on the specific computer for which it was generated. In other words, someone can send you their key, but it won't work on your system. This is a very sad situation for any program to face.

2017-05-03 14:20:04

The only way it would be able to work on their machine is if you gave them the windows product id of your machine found in the registry. They would then change that value to what you gave them. I had to do this with my own key when I switched machines.

2017-05-03 14:39:16

I also would love to play the game. It is old, but fun to play though.

2017-05-03 15:47:04

I found an old product ID and registeration code for when I bought the game a long time ago can I some how use this now?

2017-05-03 20:29:51

Not if it was done with a different machine.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-05-03 23:27:10

If you still have the machine you registered the game on and it's able to at least turn on and access the registry, get that out and get your windows product id. In the registry, it's under hkey-local-machine/software/microsoft/windows/current version. Once you're there, get out of the treeview by tabbing over to the list of values. In there should be one called product id. Copy down that string. On your current machine, do the same thing, except right click on the product id reg value, and click modify. Type your old product id into this box, but not before making a backup of the current string in a text file so you can save it. If successful, you should be fit to use your old registration information.

2017-05-04 00:36:44

I do not have the machine it died.  I only have the old email that contains my old Product.ID and reg key that BPC sent me.

2017-05-04 14:26:34

I found that the registration key could be recovered, but two problems: a bit complicated and needs permission from Munawar. If he is willing to make it free but has environmental problems for disabling the registration system, I think people should be able to freely play this game. However, if he is not, all we have to do is to respect his decision.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2017-05-10 17:02:59

I actually know a way to patch it and unlock the full version, using the Judgement Day .reg crack. If I find it again, I'll test it and let you all know if it succeeds, then if so I'll post it here.

Dreaming of a dystopian future.

2017-07-25 09:20:38

I found this topic, and I'd love to play Treasure Hunt again. Normally, AudioGames does not endorce cracking, but since the programme is no longer being sold, I don't know if people have found ways to hack it via the registry. I think I may have a copy on one of my hard drives, I'm not sure.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-07-25 15:28:27

I don't much like trying to crack games either not sure what else to do on this one I gid buy the game a long time ago but my code will not work that was several computergo.s

2017-07-25 16:27:51

I have a set up file for the game that is about 88 MB. is this just a trial that needs a registration key?

2017-07-25 17:19:45

I downloaded it off the archive.
If I'm not mistaken, this should help.
How you process orders online is dependent on what system you use for payment processing. I used to use PayPal. They allow you to enter information that will send a notification to your server when someone makes a purchase. Your server then takes that information and generates a license. That license unlocks the game for the purchaser. For example, I would ask the user for their hardware ID during their payment, and the payment would not process unless they provided this ID. Once my server received a notification from PayPal that they'd made a purchase, it would send me the hardware ID they provided. With the hardware ID in hand, it's easy enough to generate a license and deliver it to the user.
Generating a license is also a highly custom process, which is probably why you're not getting direct answers. Typically it involves finding some data that is unique (such as a MAC ID or drive serial number) and encrypting it. The encrypted form is called the license. The trick is to make the encryption process elusive enough where it's hard to guess how your game generated the encrypted version of whatever unique string you used. There are infinitely many ways to generate the license. You can complement bits, use a cypher pad, etc. Getting into encryption means you should have an understanding of encryption algorithms and it's far beyond what we'll discuss here. Essentially it boils down to taking the unique string and "playing with it."
Once you have your encryption procedure down, testing for a valid license is simple. Your game will have the unique string, and the license, both of which are provided to it as part of the registration process. The game then takes the unique string, and performs the encryption on it to get the license. If the license it generates matches what the user said their license was given the unique string, the license is valid.
For example, assume you had a unique string X, encryption algorithm E, and resulting license Y. During payment, the user provides X. X is put through E, and results in Y. This is all done by the server. The user then provides Y to the game.
Next, when the game loads, it either knows X already because it's generated by a hardware fingerprint or a self-generated unique string, or it's been provided to the game by the user. The game knows E, so it does exactly what the license server did: it puts X through E, and gets Y (we'll call this Y'.) Finally, if Y is equal to Y', the license is valid.
including things like not using the computer's date change to restart a game's free trial.
For this, all you have to do is find some super-secret place on the computer to store the trial information, like a hidden file somewhere. Only your game knows where that hidden file is. You can keep track of the trial expiration and all that in there and not rely on the date.
the above response was written by Munawar Bijani on GitHub when I asked him about using http://developer.paypal.com/

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-07-28 09:40:34

Hi.
Haha, I am back, a spam reporter here and to be back in topik I really want to get this game.
I will have a credit card in some days and now I can buy games if he want to release a new game like that.
smile

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-07-28 17:59:23

The game is no longer for sail.