2017-04-24 14:04:14

Hi all. Was just wondering if you all successfully got the BSC games to work under windows 10? Particularly Pipe 2 and hunter? I try to run it but it says, something like "Class, file not found while loading intro." Or something like that. I have directX installed and everything. Kind of want to play these games

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2017-04-24 15:14:02

I'd suggest getting VMWare and a WinXP VHD with a screenreader (there's a topic on hte forum, IIRC just google VMWare screenreader audiogames and you'll find it), and open that in VMWare, download your games and load them up. Most* of the stuff works in VMWare, 3D acceleration though is a different beast.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-04-24 21:08:10

Hi
That's strange, I have windows 7 and most of the games work fine for me. I don't know why windows 10 would have trouble with them. But getting an xp vm is probably a good idea. Those games haven't been updated in years, so that would probably be best.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-04-24 21:21:00

I heard from someone that running the programs from the comdmand line would work. If that doesn't work, you can download a Vmware image of Windows XP with NVDA from www.eurpod.net/vmware which should work just fine provided you have Vmware Player.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-04-24 22:21:58

Could also try running in compatibility mode if you haven't already.

2017-04-25 19:46:50

You can run this game from command prompt.
You have to run cmd.exe as administrator.
It works for me.