Hello.
Well I was using nvda today and on every web page I went to it says clickable a whole bunch of times before it reads the page or link or button. Can you tell me how to get rid of this? I thought eloquence was the problem so i switched to eSpeak, and that still didn't work. I tried resetting nvda to it's factory settings, but that didn't work either. Can you tell me how to stop this, it's really annoying hearing the word clickable 5 to 8 times before I hear anything else. I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of nvda as far as I know, and I'm using windows 7 if that makes a difference.

Thumbs up

I blocked the word from being spoken in the default voice dictionary, yeah its a bit hackish, but it works, I had to go char bby char to even see what you said because it completely ignores the word altogether.

Thumbs up +1

Hi Ironcross.
Thanks that worked perfectly! I don't know why nvda started doing that today it's never done that before. Thanks so much, that was driving me nuts, it happened on every website I went too. I gave you a thumbs-up!

Thumbs up

Activate the NVDA menu, preferences, Document formatting, and uncheck Clickable.

Thumbs up

Hi Tspivey.
Thank you that worked also. I looked all over preferences yesterday but I never thought to look in document presentation. That's just like me, the one place I don't look is exactly where it is lol.
Thanks again ironcross and tspivey, I gave you both a thumbs-up!

Thumbs up