2017-04-08 19:10:51

Hi all,
Was the music for Adventure at C: composed by anyone involved in creating the game, or is it borrowed from other project(s)?
If it's the former, what sound font was used to create it? I'm curious because I like this type of music and want to know if it could be used for Midi creation.
Thanks.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2017-04-08 22:48:56 (edited by brian.kurosawa 2017-04-08 22:49:28)

I heard it was taken from a website that doesn't exists anymore which provided free chiptune songs. Not sure about it.

2017-04-09 19:33:54 (edited by Slender 2017-04-09 19:45:37)

It's not midi actually. They were mostly mod files, and some were written for chips like the NES. Here is a link to the one of the stage music mod files. This is the actual mod itself, and to play it, you will need something like VLC, or Foobar2000 with the Dumb Module Decoder plugin. If you use the ladder, uncheck use Playpmod or Modplay in the plugin's preferences to get the proper affect. About midi, hmm. If you really were desperate, there are probably 8-bit soundfonts around, however I don't recommend you use them, as the emulation is generally not very good. The chips used often respond in certain ways that just can't be replicated with midi.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!