2008-04-29 13:59:36 (edited by archer 2008-04-29 14:43:46)

Hi gamer.
I am here to give you a run down of the workings o hollow.
Hollow is a large online world full of busselling towns and cities, full of weapon
merchants, draven blacksmiths selling armour, and magical stalls selling magical
weaponry, armour, herbs and accessories.
However all of that is for later, as when you start you will e weak and unarmoured,
nd only be armed with a rusty dagger. So, you will be born in the town of kelay,
the heart of hollow as i call it, as everyone starts from kelay and you will always
return, whether for the atmosphere of the kelay tavern, or for the roe playing that
is to be had in the street.
When you start you will only have a few creatures that you will be able to kill,
the drunken fool outside the kalay tavern, the beetles lurking in the town in the
trees, the ants by the blocked off road, and of course the dragon fly on the narrow
path.
These are your limit when you begin as there are creatures out there that could kill
you with one blow and no amount of armour or powerful weapons will stop them, so
when you start STAY IN KELAY.
There is a big world out there to explore that may be true, but don

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2008-04-30 08:59:46

Sounds interesting. Is the game like Sryth?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2008-04-30 10:57:34

not really, yes in parts it is simmilar, but there are now organised quests, another player may give you a quest, like travel to a town and buy an item for them for example, but other than that no.
i must give a small caution though, in hollow every player stays in character, sometimes they may talk about fighting tactics or just chat about hollow in the ooc (out of character log) but all the subjects are about hollow, if you want to talk to a friend that you know online do it via the tell to friend's name function, don't clutter up the ooc.
All of the hollow players myself included enjoy a nice mature world were we all stay in character when talking to each other, and i would ask that any audio gamers that join hollow try to play the game like this.
Also you can only have 1 character, so be sure that when you create a character you put some research into your class and race, as you only get one character in hollow and it is very hard to change things like race and class.
And one more note, the admins will delete you if you sign on with a name that is offensive or does not fit in with the kind of world hollow is.
Example a character called tasteflames was reported and deleted, this is a mythalogical world and so nams like Arkarian, flar, cylurous are all good, names like whitedeath tasteflames or nightslayer bad.
so please, select your name carefully.
follow these guidlines and you'll do fine in the world of hollow.
See you in kelay.
Archer / Arkarian

2008-05-01 20:56:27

A few additions, however:
First, different races spawn in different places when they die. Not everyone will revive in Kelay if killed...that's particularly important.

Second, as stated in my other thread, some race combinations are useless for fighting. A mage, for instance, will pay for both HP and stamina healing, as well as their MP, but cannot self-heal except with herbs, while a druid or ranger can self-heal using the same stats, so gets more "bang for their buck", so to speak.
Next and perhaps most important of all: there are no levels, per se, no point at all to fighting either besides getting stronger, so this game's stat system is pretty much tacked on for the average grinder. It's not deep and not  complete, so if you want a grinder, go elsewhere.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2008-05-02 12:45:42

very true, most players will respawn at the field of flowers just 1 west from the southern milous plains.
However if you are a priest say you will respawn in the kelay shrine those are the onlytwo i know of, but presumably there is a different respawn spot for each race.

so if you should respawn in the field of flowers i would advise you to find out from a fellow hollow player how to get back to kelay before you die.
If memory serves you go 1 west then north to the over looking gorge, then west to the road to milous, then north 1 then east 3 and that should take you back to the kelay tavern.

P.s jade, do you have a hollow char? what is your name on there.
best reg

2008-05-03 03:26:13

My Hollow char's name is Rikailin. She's a druid with two pieces of custom gear, she's got just over 3000HP, but I've not played her in quite some time as I've been sort of disabused of many of my more pleasing views on Hollow, on the whole, over the last little while.

Every race has its own spawning-place. Dragons spawn in Xalious, as I recall, at the tree, while elves will spawn in Sage Forest...very helpful, since it's close to a healer.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2008-05-03 21:55:33

ah right, i know the name but never role played with you.
I;ll have to look out for you now when i'm online
i haven't really been playing hollow for the last couple of days, my version of window eyes isn't very hollow friendly so i am having to wait for a new copy of a new version to be delivered before i can get back into it.
Shouldn't be too long now before arkarian is back on hollow slaughtering preklek advanced scouts.
Best regards
arch