2008-04-29 10:43:05

Wait, no no, not that sort of mud...

Yes, GMA released their VIP mud client and despite my misgivings it does seem quite impressive. With the ability to provide speech through Jaws, Window Eyes, System Access or Sapi, play 32 wave files and 1 mp3 simeltaneously, a built in scripting system and various other features it's definitely worth a look.

While it isn't immediately clear whether it is equal to the inaccessible ZMud or the accessible Mushclient in power the scripting system certainly reads a lot easier and is probably a lot easier to pick up, and for all its wonderfulness Mushclient falls down on that respect as well as the playing of multiple sounds at once.

So if you're ready to check it out then hop over to the GMA VIP mud client page where there is a more complete feature list and you can download it for a 30 day demo.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-04-29 15:34:02

I can't seem to download it because I can't see no download link. Most if not all of the links on GMA are gone.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-04-29 15:59:51

What are you talking about, cw? The gma site is just fine. Did you look under downloads! duh!

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2008-04-29 17:13:40

They seem to have done a little redesign, no need for a "duh". There didn't used to be a specific download section.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-04-29 19:32:36

The following is from their home page.

Welcome to G M A Games
Painting of submarine being depth charged with GMA Games written above.
Skip to Content
Games designed to be fully accessible to blind and visually impaired individuals. GMA concentrates its efforts on developing sophisticated Windows-based
games, while keeping its prices affordable.

Demos are available for all of our games.

Mail Lists

If you would like to be informed from time to time about any news at GMA, or new game releases, subscribe to our Newsletter list.

As well, we have created a mail list to facilitate the discussion of GMA games. Topics will include the exchange of tips, help for beginners and more advanced
users, technical problems, and a little bragging or complaining regarding game play performance. 

There is a separate list for discussion of the VIP Mud client.  Topics may include writing scripts, discussing favourite Muds, help on the Use of VIP Mud,
feature requests, and general Mud related topics.

If you are interested in any of the above lists,  contact us through the "Contact" link above requesting to join one or more of the lists and we will send
you the Email addresses to subscribe. We have taken this step to reduce the amount of spam getting through to the list. 

Thank you for visiting. This page and all its content is copyrighted

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-04-29 20:58:26

Yez, i can't see any links on the site too

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2008-04-29 21:14:13

Ah, I know, The site work properly in the veerry terrible browser in the world, IE, i Use firefox, the best browser for me, and the site didnt show good. In IE work good, so... not good, i recommend using A firefox, great browser, I hate The microsoft browser.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2008-04-29 21:39:44

So that's it!!!! Anyway, I check the page source in firefox and it looks like it's loading the whole page into memory, but what ever it's doing, it's not, for what reason I don't know, not showing the navagation bar. Never seen a page do this in firefox. As seal already found out, and I checked out, it loads in IE, my most hated browser, and don't in firefox, at least not correctly.

DropBox Referral

2008-04-29 22:01:25

Hmm. Cool. When they say, "reduced set of features", what exactly is reduced. All I know of (from the Audyssey list) is you can play for 2 hours then you must quit and reload the application. Not the computer. I would imagine scripting is also omitted from the free version, although I might just being a dope about that since I really do not know. Just guessing.

2008-04-30 03:45:00

Could someone do a review on this?

DropBox Referral

2008-04-30 06:37:19

Well I've been playing with the scripting...

And I've not had this much trouble debugging since I had to use Perl briefly at college, ye gods. The if statements just don't seem to want to work 90% of the time.

cx2
-----

2008-04-30 20:41:08

I just downloaded and tried it with fed2 and it works fine. Just a note, loging in on fed with this client is reared thow.

DropBox Referral

2008-04-30 23:00:06

Hi guys it's a cool little thing. I wont be scripting and probably wont be using the thing 24/7 so the free version is fine for me.