2017-04-03 00:00:38

hello gamers! this topic was created for game tournaments that myself and a buddy of mine will be throwing at least once a month in fighting games. all tournaments will have a mixture of visually impaired gamers and sighted gamers. all tournaments will have all players with the same skill level, for example, in a sfv tournament you wont be seeing gold and platinum players in it, everyone will be pretty much a bronze. same thing goes for mkx, injustice, tekken7, or any other fighting game. all tournaments will have a winners bracket and losers. depending on how big a tournament is, it may be split into two days. all tournaments will be streamed. all tournaments will pretty much follow regular tournament standard rules with some possible adjustments. and lastly all tournaments will have prizes for first second and third place, and and the prizes will vary from game to game. if you have any game suggestions that you want a tournament for, questions, or even if you want to post up a tournament that you made or are apart of and are looking for players, here is the post to do so.

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-04-03 01:11:58

first tournament will be in sfv. us organizers are trying to set a date based on the players schedules. I need all players that are interested to let me know which one of these dates will be best for you to play on, in a few days once we got all dates in, we will choose the best date and time out of the four on this list that will pretty much work for everyone.
dates:
Friday april 7
Saturday april 8
Friday april 14
Saturday april 15
time:
morning between 9:00am to noon
afternoon between 12:00pm to 5:00pm
night between 7:00pm to 11:00pm
rules
all players will start off in the winners bracket. to advance to the next opponent, you must win a best out of 3 series, or in other words first player that win two matches advanced, player that loses is moved to the losers bracket, if player loses a best out of 3 series in losers bracket, they will be eliminated from the tournament.
there will be no mirror matches. player must tell origanizer what character they will be using per round, so when setting up the bracket, two players wont be matched up that are using the same character. your character will be disclosed from other players in the tournament, only the organizers will no what characters will be used. once a best out of 3 series begins, players must stick to that character, a character  can only be switched when they fight there next opponent.
dealing with lag. if lag is visible during a match to organizers to where it is effecting the outcome to a match, the match will be redone. if the lag issue  is still going on, and we don't know which side it could be coming from, both players must exit the lounge in an attempt to fix there connection, match will be redone once they return.
prizes
first prize for tournament winner=psn card, steam card, or amazon card
second prize= ryu statue figure
third prize=street fighter digital soundtrack
entry fee:
all players protisapating will be required to contribute a 3 to 5dollar entry fee. all entry fees will strickly go towards the psn/steam/amazon card for the tournament winner. entry fees will be collected through paypal, or different payment methods. if transferring funds or not having the funds is an issue, possibily something can be worked out.
conclusion
if anyone is interested, or has a friend which is interested you can pm me on here, or on psn, or email me at [email protected] or comment below. when signing up, give me your streetfighter fighter id, the times and dates that will be best for you to play, the first character which you will be using, and how much you will be putting in for your entry fee. the official entry fee will be announced a couple days before the tournament begins. the entry fee will be determined on how many players decided to contribute a specific amount. for example, if 4 players have there fee at 3dollars, and 7players has there fee at 5dollars, the official entry fee to enter the tournament will be 5dollars per player. remember the higher the entry fee is, will determine how high the gift card will be in the end.

2017-04-03 16:38:47

Is there going to be a teamtalk channel set up for the tournie? There'll have to be some form of coordination, and I think that's the best way of doing it, rather than setting up tons of skype contacts. Furthermore, it lets the moderator control the channel, players can mute TT freely when its their turn so they can focus on the match, etc.

Spill chuck you spots!

2017-04-03 17:02:20

Hi.
Wow. I would love to hear a stream or recording of this... I'm not experienced to join this, because I don't have much experience regarding online gameplay on the consoles.
If you need a Teamtalk server, feel free to use mine. You can create your own channels and set it up as you want. You can read more about this here:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=21468

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-04-03 18:43:02

I may be interested in one of these... but probably not this month's. As for similar skill level, I don't think judging players based on the amount of trofies they have is a good way to determine their fighting game skill level... someone who is really good at the game may just not be going after as many trofies.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-04-03 18:47:56

I have never used team talk before, but that's sounds like a good idea for this, so I would be able to communicate with the pc players, seeing that majority of us are on the psn and communicate through there. kai do you want to join? if so what time and date works for you. slj I know you don't have that much experience but the tournament is not to far away so you have time to practice, and if you want to train I can help you out I don't mind

2017-04-03 19:23:55

Tentatively, Saturday April 15th works for me... can you be clear as to which time zones you're listing times in?

2017-04-03 21:31:17

Thanks for the offer of training. I might look into that later on.
Teamtalk is also for IOS and Android as well, so you can use it on multiple platforms.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-04-03 22:56:48

Lol I agree with Assault. Most who like competitive fighting games don't really care about trophies and such. So yeah, that's not a good way to assess skill level.

For instance, I just played the various modes on MKX to get the costumes and that's it. All I play is 1v1 online. Hell I don't even play ladder at all.

When MKX or Injustice 2 is brought up, sign me up. I'm a total scrub on SFV.

Follow my Youtube channel for high level MK 11 gameplay. https://www.youtube.com/user/Chvasquez86

Follow me on twitch for live streaming. https://www.twitch.tv/obsrattlehead

2017-04-04 01:39:54

I would be interested in this, lol but I'm kinda a complete scrub at actual PVP play... regardless of the game

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-04-04 03:21:10

I think there is some miscommunication. I was not judging the players off of there amount of trofys, I was going by the ranking system on sfv. when you play rank matches, your rank is based being bronze, silver, gold, platinum, and diamond. when first starting you don't start off with a rank, once you when a few matches, you will become a bronze, then it increases from there. gold platinum and diamond can almost be considered pro players, and I think it would be unfair to have those skilled players join a tournament that consist of  a majority of bronze players. and my apologies, the time zones is based on eastern standard time. as for the unexperienced players, I don't mind training you all, I can give a lot of good tips and trust me you will see a difference in your game once I can spot your weaknesses

2017-04-04 08:35:50

Ah, that makes more sense... thanks for clarifying. I'm definitely willing to give it a spin... if the times work for me. I just wish there was a way to check our personal stats online somewhere!

2017-04-04 12:53:37

gamers, things have slightly changed, the mkx tournament will happen before the sfv tournament does. the sfv tournament will now be held on the dates of april 21/22. the mkx tournament will take place on april 7/8 or april 14/15. surprisingly it seems to me like more gamers are interested in the mkx tournament than the sfv one, we have almost 20 fighters that want to enter the mkx tournament which is much more than the sfv. I will be using this extra weak to gather more fighters for the sfv tourney. details for the mkx tournament will come later today, if interested let me know the date and time that works best for you. not sure how we are going to determine skill level in mkx, but we will think of something.

2017-04-04 14:39:42

Unfortunately, you're going t lose one fighter for the SF V tournament... at least until next time! I have a Goalball tournament that same weekend, and being that it's the Canadian National Goalball Championships, I'm putting all my focus on that!

2017-04-04 15:22:53

Same for me. I'm currently working on releasing my band's first album, so I don't have much time to play this month. Hopefully everything calms down after April.

Follow my Youtube channel for high level MK 11 gameplay. https://www.youtube.com/user/Chvasquez86

2017-04-04 20:37:20

Sadly, I think I'll be passing on the SFV tournament as well. It seems like most players will be going through PSN, and I don't want to play in a disconnected form, having to relay through Team Talk etc, when everyone else in the lobby will be on the PSN network.

Also I don't know that filtering by rank is necessarily the best idea. I, for example, never play ranked matches. Most tournaments just do a shuffle lot and may the best man win at the end. Alternatively, depending on how many players there are, randomly split players up into separate pools of, say, 5 players, and do a round-robin matchup for each pool. The winners of the round-robin pools then go on to face each other, etc.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2017-04-04 23:03:27

raddlehead I really wish you could make the mkx tournament, you are a strong player that probably can end up taking it. I think this might be the only mkx tournament for a long time since injustice will be coming out next month and most of the mkx community will be focused on that. kai I have played you before, your rank is fine. I have a ranking system in place so we wont have beastly players in the lobby destroying all of us. I have played in a couple sfv tournaments that were unbalanced all over the place. they had platnums against bronze players which were a big disadvantage, there were complaints left and right for Capcom not organizing the tournament better. there shouldn't be a connection issue, and as far as communication, goes, we can even communicate on twitter, there really wont be much to say, only when your match is starting and who you are facing. if there are any issues, I will be watching your match and will handle the problem. you are a good player kai you should join. asult freak I know goal ball is important, and I don't want to take you away from your training, but neither one of those days will work for you? the 21st or the 22nd? remember the tournament can be played at any time, so we can work around your goal ball schedule. I can afford to lose players in mkx, but I really have to try and hold on to all the sfv players because those for some reason are very limited, and by public opinion, sfv is the more popular game over mkx, so I really didn't think I would be running into this problem

2017-04-05 05:31:31

Yeah, unfortunately... the tournament is that entire weekend, from Friday until Sunday. I can probably squeeze the weekend after, however.

2017-04-05 17:01:34

What are the dates you have plans for MKX? I can't guarantee I will play, but maybe something can be arranged. I really can't this month because of other projects.

Also,if you want to go by tournament standards for each game, MKX is actually best out of 5.

Oh and I will be ready for Injustice 2. My Atrocitus is ready. Remember I had the beta. tongue

2017-04-05 21:23:56

Hi.
Oh, that sounds interesting. I think I will not be atending the SF V tournament, I have no idea how to play that game properly xD.
Greetings Moritz

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-04-06 02:52:14

rattle head the dates are april 8, or april 14 or 15, which date do you think will work for you? im gathering all the dates from the players and will choose on the date which was picked the most consistent. and what times are good for you as well

2017-04-06 03:00:28

simba do you know how to play mkx?

2017-04-06 05:09:30

Can you do a soul calibur 4 turniment?

2017-04-06 08:12:09

Hi.
Yeah, I know in theory how to play MK X, I still need to learn some things about the game, because I dont play that often, and to be honest, I had no online matches before xD.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-04-06 08:55:56

well simba do you want to get in some matches, get in some practice and join the tournament?