2017-04-23 02:06:26

In regards to my stuff, I found all of it, lost it, found it again, and lost some of it again. This is due to it falling off the table in weird ways, meaning I would bump it on the right side and it would fall forward and off the table. I also had a recorder which some how fell off the table even though the power strip was clearly blocking the way. I assume in May, I'll find and lose my stuff at least 5 or 6 more times. I hope this will end eventually.
As for my depression issues, it's been getting a lot better than it has been. Looks like I may not have to see a doctor about it.
I've been playing a lot of manamon lately, even though I've been playing the demo. I'm actually been thinking of buying the game, if I could get the money for it, that is.
Still on the topic of games, I listened to PG13 for a little bit and heard about this gaming computer I wanted to buy, although it's about $450 so I'll probably have to wait a while to get that.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-04-23 08:49:20

Have you tried the put-a-cane-flat-on-the-floor-and-sweep method of searching for things? I'm not sure it'd be much help behind a desk where there would be lots of cables, but if the object is large enough to not just go under it (so no coins or cornflakes), it can be more efficient than just searching the old-fashioned way. This was introduced ot me in the context of things rolling away unpredictably, but in my experience, just about everything I drop goes tumbling in unpredictable ways, whether it'd role or not.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-04-23 18:07:52

I don't have issues with depression but I do with procrastination. I was always skeptical that drugs could make a difference, but I've recently started taking methylphenidate in the form of concerta. The GP started me of at 18mg which hasn't really had a noticeable effect as far as I'm aware, so yesterday I got a prescription for the 36mg which I'll start taking from tomorrow. I'm a bit ADHD so hopefully this helps. A wakefulness promoter would be useful though as I do have tendencies of falling asleep when I don't want to; and from what I've read of modafinil it could be rather useful. There's always caffeine, but I seriously dislike the taste of coffee and I'm not aware of any other major sources. I know there are tablets, not sure how well those work.

2017-04-24 22:20:50

Hi Zakc93.
You don't like the taste of coffee? I don't think I've ever heard that before lol! If you don't like the taste, you can put in a whole lot of creme and sugar to get rid of the taste. That will definitely keep you awake if the coffee is strong enough.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-04-27 02:04:48

Hello.
Well the last week has been okay. My brother is gone still which has been nice it's very peaceful. I hope things stay this way.
Today I was looking at aprone's games and I found an old game of his DarkRuse. I set it up and everything, and when you start the game something very funny happens! I won't tell you what but you should check it out. There's a link to DarkRuse on the agarchive website. I'm surprised aprone stopped developing this it looked very promising.
I've been reading long time gone by J. A. jance. It's very good about a 50--year-old murder that seems to be causing trouble in the present day. I like those stories where the past effects the present. I like the concept that you have to know what happened before to figure out what's happening now. That's a theme that keeps repeating in star trek which is probably why I like it so much.
Well that's all I have for now, this is not a very exciting post lol!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-04-27 13:32:39

Glad to hear people have been finding lost things, that is always good.
@Zac93, I actually drink coffee for it's taste as much as the caffeinn, though I will say it's remarkable how many people make coffee wrongly. There is a protein on coffee beans that denatures at 98 degreees c. this means if you make coffee with boiling water, or indeed heat up the beans in another way like grinding them with a super fast electric coffee grinder which creates friction, or indeed pumping too much steam from them, you end up with coffee that is far more bitter than it should be. Also bare in mind I drink my coffee pure black, no sugar, no milk, maybe a dash of rum or a good wisky on the side if I'm feeling self indulgent big_smile.

@Shotgun manamon is good, but tough, also the online trading is a bit annoying and I do find the grinding a wee bit of a drag. Still I do plan to get back to the game this week and see how my manamon are doing.

I've not read any J A Jance myself, I t@Guitarman hink his stuff tends to be a bit thriller.
My Iron council review is now up over on fantasybookreview.co.uk, and having finished the very disturbing short stories by angela Carter I'm now reading A sudden wild magic by dianna wynne jones, the first one of her books aimed at adults I've ever read, albeit I've enjoyed her kids and ya stuff even as an adult and ironically about the only I'm noticing in her writing for an adult audience is that as well as the amusing characters, lots of magic, running between worlds and social comedy there is also a little bit of rumpy pumpy, albeit fairly sly and amusing and not overly explicit rumpy pumpy at that big_smile.

As for me, things have been crazy, hence the absence.

First London and music school was fun if rather hechtic, mostly due to a moderately disasterous journey back involving a very nice taxi driver who dropped us at the wrong station, meaning we needed to phone the right station and get collected big_smile.
On the plus side the music school was fun and we're both reminded just how much we enjoy performing, a shame we can't do more of it really.

I then spent a few days at my parents before getting back up here to my flat in the north of England today.
The reason I've been absent from the site is a little involved.

So I currently have a windows 10 desktop and my old xp laptop. Yes, I need to get a windows 10 laptop, but I'd prefer to do that when I'm completely secure, have got a working email program, have learned to make nvda portable profiles etc.
So I decided just for these few days to use my xp laptop, after all I can still run vipmud to play muds on it, get emails and use the forum right? wrong!

Everytime I try to access the forum I get a cloudflare cash of the page instead of the actual page, either that or a bad gate way error.

So, obviously I need that windows 10 laptop a wee bit sooner than planned.
Fortunately my kind parents tell me they have had the nice local computer shop install windows 10 on a spare laptop thus saving me the price of a new one.

Kind and money saving and a good idea, ---- in theory at least other than two miner issues.
First, said spare laptop was actually the one I had to abandon in 2011 due to the laptop's headphone socket going completely, but of course my parents, being my parents never throw anything away.
While it apparently has really good specs in terms of hd speed and hardware generally, the headphone socket is still unfortunately busticus maximus!

Second miner problem. I downlo0ad the Nvda installer and put it on a memory stick, try to get narrator runningin order to access said stick, I hit windows u and guess what happens? A big fat nothing!

So I'm stuck with an xp laptop that cannot access the forum, and an x xp now windows 10 laptop that cannot use headphones or apparently narrator.

It is this point that I threw up my hands at the hole mess and have simply resolved to buy a new, ---- or at least good quality reconditioned, windows 10 machine from said nice local computer firm (I might even ask them nicely to install nvda on it first).

So shenanigans ahoy! However now I am definitely back.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-04-27 20:31:14

Dark,
For Windows 10,
To start or stop Narrator, press the Windows key + Ctrl + Enter.
Instead of using the headphone plug how about buying a USB headset?
I just got Sennheiser PC 36 USB Headset with Microphone.

2017-04-27 21:16:52

@Philthanks for the advice on narrator.
As regards usb headsets though, I wouldn't consider that for a laptop since firstly the thing only has three usb ports and I tend to use them for external drives, memory sticks etc, and secondly the sound I've heard on usb headsets hasn't been half as good as I'd get with a set of half decent earphones, this is one reason I'm hesitating over getting the IPhone 7 since it seems extremely stupid to me to have an IPhone without a headphone socket.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-04-28 00:23:31

Is it windows + control + enter, or windows + enter?

2017-04-28 06:16:21

It's windows key and enter.
I realize my mistake now, I was confusing windows key u which brings up the accessibility settings dialogue, and windows key enter, which just starts narrator speaking.

Btw, amusing fact, ctrl enter is actually the quick shortcut on this board for hitting submit after writing a post, so I have had to go back and edit this after trying big_smile.

2017-04-28 12:26:20

Dark,
Sorry about that wrong suggestion, I googled it and sometimes you get gobledook on the internet.
One problem with USB headsets is that you are getting a new sound card with drivers that load form the company.
So the quality of them are based on the headset, the sound card and the driver.
Sennheiser  seems to make a high quality unit and other than having the headphones default at 25 percent volume, I find no problem with them.
It was easy to go to control panel, sound, speakers to adjust them higher.
In searching for the old fashioned 3.5 mm plug in headsets, there are less and less of them on the market.
So unless you have got a killer sound card I think USB is the way to go.