1 (edited by masonian 2017-03-31 02:41:56)

Hi all,

So SBYW, my new online platforming exploration/social game, is now released in public beta. Check it out!

In this game, you can build and explore maps, race each other in maps, collaborate on maps with your friends, etc. It is a platforming side scroller.

http://www.darkflier.com/softs/sbyw.zip

Thumbs up +3

So....yeah....

More info please, controls, if I can download it, what plugins it uses in a browser if it's a browser based one and if NVDA or Jaws or whatever will interfere with the keys. I mean I know what it is from the other topic but a casual observer has no idea, so more info and details about it please rather than two or three lines and a link

Thumbs up

Sure. Will update the post.

Thumbs up

Okay tried the download and I'm not sure where to go from starting the game, all it does is play music and NVDA is drowned out by the main menu music, so is there  way to lower the volume or not? Also alt + f4 doesn't work and right clicking on the taskbar and hitting close window doesn't work at all here, I had to end the process from task manager to get it to quit, and the log file only says main menu, then blank the rest of the log.

Thumbs up

Yes, page down will decrease the music volume.

Thumbs up

Ah okay I'll try that in a few, was hammering at everything on the keyboard with no luck on my laptop and didn't try the function keys or page up and down keys.

Thumbs up

Hello mason, gonne try it out right now.
This sounds so awesome.
Thanks and best regards

Thumbs up

there are of course still a few bugs, one of which I will mention here. The game tends to kick you sometimes randomly, for no rhyme or reason at all. Is being looked into. it doesn't happen that often but can.

Thumbs up

For what creating a log.txt?

Thumbs up

What people edit my map and changed texts?
JI cant editing my map!

Thumbs up

@masons: I noticed you are getting your html and bb code confused, you put less thans and greater thans instead of brackets for your first post linking to the download.

Thumbs up

Good Game (see what i did there smile
But ya, nice game dude.

Thumbs up

New version of SBYW released, with a map builder! same link

Thumbs up

Um so... I'm reading the post, and I don't quite see what the objective of the game is?
Just curious.

Thumbs up

Okay. Just grabbed the zip file. I'll give it a go. Let's see if my anti-virus flags it as a virus.

Thumbs up

Hi.
@Mason: This game is really really awesome. I hope the game will never be discontinued. If you for some reason choose to discontinue the game in the future and choose not to host it anymore, I'm willing to host it on my server.
I love the idea of making maps for other people. One suggestion: It would be great to have a submit command directly from the game where people can submit finished maps to you to be aproved.
@Silvermoon: The objective of the game is to explore the different maps, complete them, and if you want, race against other players in teams, trying to be the first player to complete the map. This is a very interesting, and really peaceful world, because there is no killing unlike many other games. So this is very relaxed and nice. I think this will become very popular in the future.

Thumbs up

Sweet!

Thumbs up

Well I am through the main maps and others for the time being and its quite good.
There is no dropoff sfx like in 2dp where you got a 2 step warning before a drop off.
Sometimes when starting a map you are in the air and have to jump.
I have also created a map called generic2 but its a rubbish one.
Basically if you are in a broken map there needs to be a way to force die or force quit, ofcause you probably die but if you have noticed I started creating multiple accounts just to get myself out of broken maps.
Even if you had something like /quit to force jump back to main that would be fine, also I do think maps will need to be able to be reported as broken, if it happens the map can be suspended till its fixed. someone's house is totally broken and one of the city maps eventually goes to an nonexistant map.
And you are stuck there.
I had to change maps to my generic map with an exit and go back but if I could just get out if stuck well that would be better.
This is a nice time waster.
However over that I also can't see much direction for this, its a nice map game but it will eventually like 2dp reach its end, bar jumping round its just a little mucking with really.
I'd like more story based games to be honest.

Thumbs up

um, if you read the documentation that came with the game, you'd realize you can do /changemap main 0 0 to leave any map.

Thumbs up

Been loving it so far. I've created a map called highway to hell, give it a shot, though as the name says, it's anything but easy

Thumbs up

Hi.
Please Mason, edit this bug with o key in the chat box.
Thank You!
Marco

Thumbs up

Hello,
How do I activate the map builder?

Thumbs up

Hi. really good idea, I like this game. but I have one question. will you add some stage interactions? For example, If I see cat, I should punch it or something similar. hahaha. It would be fun.

Thumbs up

@Burak You don't need to activate the builder, just press P in a map you're allowed to contribute to.
@crashmaster in fact, you can now use the /suicide command at any time, or else you could type /changemap then the name of a map you're allowed to edit. This can be useful if a map doesn't have a travel point to main, but the suicide command does it quicker whenever you're stuck.

Thumbs up

So, You must firstly created new map.
This thing is well described in the Read me file.
But, don't do those mistake, like me, for example to delete everything from the rawmap and copy It to the rawdata.

Thumbs up +1