2017-03-30 03:55:18

I figured I'd try my hand at topic posting with my first question. I am wondering if anyone else has had a problem with certain games and anti-virus software throwing massive fits about them. I have been using nortan on the machine that I see the most problems, and these issues usually come with BGT developed games. Has anyone else noticed something similar?

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2017-03-30 06:08:27

No issues here with Sophos and Malwarebytes, AVG on my othr machine I had to set a protected folder for my audiogames so they wouldn't get deleted, but Sophos works fine for AG honestly, and Norton has a reputation for, frankly, being shitty.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-04-01 05:36:58

Yeah. Norton hasn't let too many viruses through the system, but it does come with the downside of being too aggressive. I guess that's what you get when you get an angry attack dog for cyber security. LOL
!!!

I have a website now.

2017-04-07 00:18:36

How do I make a protected folder?

2017-04-07 08:02:22

Well msse/ defender put gma dice and bsc classic pipe as trogens.
I have fixed this by excluding classic pipes exe spaciffically and every bsc and gma folder but its not a real solution someone needs to report these falses to the propper people but how we do that is anyone's guess.
Its why I am carefull I have heard stories where drivers and readers were blocked on a friend's system.
She took it to get fixed, it was so mangled, the person just reformatted it and she lost all her data.
As a result she stopped using any antivirus program.
I have had a situation where people have run through loads of security handling things to handle a threat only to get a mangled system more mangled than the virus thusly detected.
In one case I had to remove all the security software, and install one antivirus solution then fix all the dammage.
Another cousin that had norton got an ransomware simply because he got busy and forgot to pay his subscription.
While trying to clear it his disk got wiped, and he needed to get everything reloaded, he uses avast now but even so.

2017-04-08 22:09:55

Microsoft security essentials has never bothered me about my games.

2017-04-08 22:19:09

I have heard stories of Certain AV's blocking autoit and pure basic apps/games, that having been said I haven't ran into them on my recent systems that use Windows Defender. On that note I am amazed you're actually using Norton, which apart from the fact it's famous for being a resource haug and not very good at discovering 0-day threats is also not the most accessible piece of software... Not that any AV is these days sadly.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2017-04-08 23:05:14

Yeah. It is very inaccessible, though, I have come to memorize some parts of the interface. When it runs scans, don't expect to be using your computer for the duration, but it has served me better than McAfee. When I got it, I'd heard better reports about it, and that such manufacturers as Honda were using the software. If I hear of something more secure, I'll probably pick it up. I need assistance from others to get some of the set up correct, and scans are a pain in the neck, but the worst part is always dealing with false flags.

I have a website now.

2017-04-15 17:16:50

Hi,
I don't know if Return of The King can be ran while running an antivirus. I don't know how to test this, because the new version of AVG isn't accessible (not my fault that I'm stuck with AVG, I can't do anythin about it right now though), so I don't know if I can add this game as an exception in the new version.

2017-04-16 08:25:30

Youch!

Mccaffee I wouldn't trust again following an episode when I was living in college, got a virus through the network, ---- a virus which actually didn't cause any major problems beyond occasionally closing a webpage I was looking at, however when the network decided to forceably install Mcaffee on all machines it managed to utterly crash my laptop so badly I needed it professionally repared since Mcaffee couldn't cope with Supernova starting at the same time it detected a virus.

Until I moved out of  COLLEGE and finally gave Mcaffee the heave hoE, I actually lived in terror of another virus not because of any problems the virus would cause, for fear of how Mccaffee might lock up my machine while trying to remove it big_smile.

In terms of audiogames, the only games Avg has regularly caused issues with have been the Bsc ones, those old klango games such as haunted factory and pirate memory game,  and Night of parasite. You used to be able to get around this with exception set for the program files but for some this stopped working in later versions, or at least later versions of Avg seemed to ignore the exceptions next time you did a full scan.

Then again, since every version of avg since 2014 or so has been getting increasingly inaccessibler (which is a completely cromulant word), when I got my new windows 10 machine I've now switched to windows defender and hasven't had any trouble thus far.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-04-16 09:32:55

I use Microsoft Security Essentials as well, and it also doesn't bother me regarding that.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-04-16 21:54:57

Yeah, McAfee seems to be popular for forcing onto systems for some reason. Every computer I remember getting had McAfee on it. I really don't want to run the risk of throwing myself onto the trust of Security essentials, though. I've heard that Defender isn't very good. You know what, we should assemble the most skilled members of this forum, and create a totally accessible anti-virus. LOL!!! That being said, I am using Avast on my laptop, but I haven't used it much for gaming. I might give it a go, though.

I have a website now.

2017-04-17 04:44:56

Avast I'd not recommend since last I checked even it's notifications were inaccessible, indeed I to uninstall one copy because it kept popping up notifications that I could neither read nor get rid of.
I worried that it had detected a virus, but it actually turned out the stupid thing was just winjing at me to update, I was glad to be rid of it.

On the other ahnd I can highly recommend malware bites, since that is great at getting of none virus related nasties such as spyware etc.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)