2017-03-27 01:12:33

I am trying to set up an XBox 1 controller to work on a Windows 10 laptop, but I do not appear to be having any luck. Can anyone provide instructions or tips for doing this?

2017-03-27 09:18:19

How are you trying to connect the controller/  If you're trying to connect via a USB cable, it should just install the drivers if it needs to and then work on its own.  If you're trying to connect via bluetooth, you will need to make sure it's an Xbox One S controller as I believe they're the only ones that connect via Bluetooth.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-03-27 15:07:05

I am trying both. When I connect the controller via the usb, the controller does vibrate. However, in Xbox Accessories, it seems to indicate that I don't have any controllers connected. I also tried with Blue Tooth. In the Blue Tooth settings, the controller appears to be connected, but still nothing with Xbox Accessories. At least, according to the screen reader's reading of the app.

2017-03-27 15:34:03

You don't need xbox accessories, just hold ghe bind button for about 2 or 3 seconds, try and play your game and the controler should work. Won't work on audiogames though.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2017-03-27 15:50:59

@3.
Don't look for Xbox Accessories to see if it's connect, see if games pick it up.  That's what I did.  have you checked the official microsoft help pages and followed their instructions?  I did so and mine worked first time as far as I recall.
@4
Incorrect.  Worked with bluetooth on a laptop running win 10, for Top Speed 3.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-03-28 03:20:24

I plan on trying a new cable. I just used a cable I had handy.

I was trying to folow the instructions provided by Microsoft which mention using Xbox Accessories to connect the controler.

I can try the bind button. I assume that is the button on the front, between the bumpers, and next to the micro usb port?