2008-04-24 23:04:07

Hi guys. An email was forwarded from the GMA Talk list to Audyssey! And VIP Mud, GMA's Mud client will be released on Monday apparently! It will cost 30 dollars to get your hands on, there also is a free version for the casual mudder. Nonetheless there is a 30-day trial for the game to try out all of it's features!

So. What do you think!

2008-04-25 08:56:59

See the topic I started for my opinion, I love GMA but I think it is sort of pointless on the whole unless you're using NVDA.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-04-25 10:38:41

I think it's pointless. Who want to pay $30 for a mud client when all mud games are free? I know there are many features in this client, but I'll never pay $30 for a mud client. I don't understand why they don't make some new games, or make a Shades of Doom 2 with cutseens and some features from Doom 3. Shades of Doom is just like the old Doom games from DOS!!! Doom 95 have more features than Shades of Doom... I suggested them to make Shades of Doom 2 for very long time ago and I said I have many ideas to features and cutseens, but they doesn't seem to be interested. Techno Shock which is free have more features than Shades of Doom. Lol!

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2008-04-25 11:33:47

Well in the mainstream there has been a long history of commercial mud clients.

Just right now I don't think the GMA client will have any features the free accessible ones haven't, aside from speech review being a little easier. Some newer mudders or those very untechnical ones might go for it, but anyone familiar with muds will probably avoid it. It has yet to be seen what will happen, since GMA getting involved might well make a big increase in people interested in muds simply due to the GMA name being present.

And while I won't presume to say what GMA "should" do I will say I would have favoured another game of any type at all just about over a commercial mud client from them.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-04-25 17:01:31

I feel that SLJ does bring up a good point
but still, I would still buy shades of doom if I had the money, but not before I get gma tank commander

Connor

2008-04-25 22:38:53

Connor: Shades of Doom is a old game. Very old. They have just made a new version with some new features, but still with these old borring levels accept for the last level. If you know Doom for sighted persons, you'll think Shades of Doom is crap. But Tank Commander is great. Really great. I highly recommend this game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2008-04-26 08:26:08

I believe that we shouldn't get mainstream things involved here, since it has become quite apparent that the audio game community is lagging behind. For an audio game, shades of doom is excellent.

2008-04-26 15:24:39

I agree, as a former player of mainstream games I know this difference as much as anyone. I actually played doom, I played Quake when it first came out. This has been gone over to death, mainstream game companies do this for a living and they have around 100 people or so to do it. Audio games are made by someone in their spare time, and usually just one person. Even though GMA is nominally a "company" and they might appear as such from their web site they are really only a one man in his shed type operation.

Don't make the mistake of thinking audio games can replicate the efforts of entire teams at people who do this all day every day like ID software. Even other mainstream companies had trouble matching Doom, and as much GMA might have done no audio game developer has one tenth the development experience of any single mainstream games company employee that has worked on any real project.

cx2
-----