2017-03-28 03:22:17 (edited by Sean-Terry01 2017-03-28 03:45:25)

Hey guys, I know this is a bit OT, But, I just installed steam on my machine again so I could try my had at Scull Girls again. It installed steam, then updated to the latest version. then it restarted, and now I seem to have a blank window in steam.Edit.
I installed Steam in English, but, for some reason, It seems to be in another language. How can I get it back to English?

2017-03-28 05:51:35

You're going to have to reinstall it, and choose the correct language. Remember, just because you are on the English radio button, doesn't mean you have actually selected it. You must hit space on the English radio button, to choose it.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2017-03-28 18:59:53

The installer is in English and so is the downloading of the update package. But, from the installation of the update package on, it's in another language. But, I'll reinstall it and press space on the English checkbox and see what happens.

2017-03-28 19:26:51 (edited by Sean-Terry01 2017-03-28 19:31:44)

Sorry for the double post, but, I just wanted to say that actually pressing on the English checkbox did work. and I'm now logged in and ready to go. Also, how can I remotely install a game such as Skull Girls into steam on my computer? I can't seem to use NVDA with Screen Review mode like @Deng is able to. Thanks for all your help. I can't wait to get back into this game again. Once Skull Girls is installed, will it work with NVDA now as soon as you start it, or is there anything I need to do?

2017-03-28 20:44:00

Ok, one more post, and I'm done with the multiple posts in a row. Lol. Just wanted to say I got Skull Girls installed and Just wow. It does work straight out of the box. I am amazed!!! I just need to learn where the keys are for doing things. I do have a controller, but, the buttons that would normally have like the circle, x, square and triangle just say 1,2,3 and 4. Can anyone please help me to know what button does what?

2017-03-28 21:02:55

First, what controller are you using with the game?

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2017-03-28 22:57:52

I don't remember the name, but, I do know that it's not a PlayStation or Xbox controller. It looks like a PS2 one. Is there a way to check with the computer what the controller is called? It just said that the Generic USB Joystick was installed.

2017-03-29 02:51:18

Not really. Maybe under control panel/devices manager. Or, control panel/Set up USB game controllers.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2017-03-29 11:44:05

Can cloud ocr be used with keyboard wit no access to numpad?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-03-30 00:08:37 (edited by Kong 2017-03-30 00:09:10)

Yeah. You just have to use NVDA + your arrow keys, or, Control NVDA + your arrows. And then, to get your mouse pointer to go on to the item, you must do shift NVDA M, to move your mouse pointer, and then, NVDA + [, to do a left mouse click, or, NVDA + ], to do a right mouse click.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2017-03-31 21:30:43

@Deng:

How are you getting screen review mode to work with Steam, for me at least on my laptop, it doesn't work at all. Is there an addon I'm missing, I got OCR

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-04-01 02:39:49

No. It should work after you type  -no-dwrite into your steam shortcut icon on your desktop.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2017-04-01 06:51:29

I've got -nodwrite and -silent in the shortcut field but if I hit the screen review buttons then numpad 7 and 9 it merely goes straight to the top or bottom.

Shame, since I got given a pair of free codes to work with a dev to make a game more accessible, which requires me to use Steam unfortunately....so I really wanna figure out the screen review since the OCR I use is all sorts of screwed up but nothing else works for Steam.

Also on Linux natively

2017-04-02 03:21:16

You have to remember that if you restarted NVDA after steam has been launched, the steam window will not read any more. So, if you want steam to start reading again, you must restart steam.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2017-04-03 05:22:03

Figured it out...

Now, folks, you feel like convincing me to get Skulllgirls 2?

Also on Linux natively

2017-04-05 07:13:36

Hi. I got steam updated to the latest version. but it show me the blank screen makes nvda screen review don't work. what can I do can you help me over Skype. mmy Skype name: tan.mike.foong

2017-04-05 07:25:03

Again, make sure Steam is set to the correct language when installing, and make sure that NVDA has not restarted while steam is up. Also, make sure you have -no-dwrite in your properties of the steam icon on your desktop. Other than that, I'm not sure why steam wouldn't be working for you with NVDA.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2017-04-05 09:05:55

@silvermoon. I've pm you. please check. thank you

2017-04-05 16:52:53

For anyone who is interested in the solution to the problem I was having with running Skullgirls, the solution is refreshing Windows. This process sucks by the way and I don't recommend it. That's how I got it to work though.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain