2017-03-10 17:34:58

Hi. We are Test Mode Insiders. We work with electronic games like bop it, simon, and brain warp. We would like to start moving our ideas from the drawingboard to audio. In other words, create audio games that have electronic game based elements. We won't go in to these descriptive and confusing ideas, but our root of our problem is none of us have coding esxperience in the engine we would like to code with. If you are or know a good python coder that would be willing to negotiate with us and creating these simple and or also complicated games, please reply to the post and we can talk about our plans and payment. If you are interested in who we are, have a look at our website, 3 double u's dot testmodeinsiders.co.uk, and look us up on YouTube. As a side note, Zseli from the audiogames.net forum is a part of this group and will be actively helping me out with replies and concerns. Thanks for reading about us.

2017-03-10 17:49:20

i can help you, i knowing to python language.

If that's helpfull, why don't you press Thumbs up?

2017-03-10 18:36:29

This is zseli writing back. We are thankful for your offer Tabatku, it means a lot. But translation between English and Turkish is is a roadblock. Our descriptive ideas would be a mess in a translator, so I'm not sure it would work out well

2017-03-10 22:27:25

I might be able to help, but need a little more details to see if I have the required skillset.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2017-03-10 22:36:13

I would be willing to help out with this maybe, but more details need to be provided:
What game(s) are we talking about?
is this a team setting of coders?
Will sounds be provided?
That type of stuff. Of course it may be still too early to decide all of that, but there are the concerns I have.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2017-03-10 22:48:13

i can help you on turkish and english language, and i knowing to python programming language.

If that's helpfull, why don't you press Thumbs up?

2017-03-10 23:13:35

severestormsteve1, it's Robert, from skype. We can chat about it. Since I have lots of sounds we might be able to get things going. And roelvdwal, we could also look in to it

2017-03-11 00:08:28

Well if you need voices or testers I could probably help with testing at least.
Sounds interesting, I have 2 bopit sets the xt and standard, sadly these are the only sets sold in new zealand bar the beats and the tetriss.
Bopit exists in audio format in a simple form, but for the rest well.
As for payment if it comes to that, then we can certainly discuss terms if it comes to it.
saying this, this really should be in general or dev but its ok here I guess.

2017-03-11 02:42:29

What engine are you planning on using specifically?

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-03-11 04:07:21

We don't know anything about python. I think I will wait for zseli before replying because he knows the people on this forum and I don't. I'm just typing out the messages he wants to say in sophisticated wording and grammar. Check back in 5 and a half hours for a new response from me.

2017-03-11 11:12:35

Hi. This is Zseli. As to your question Magurp244, we are planning on using Python because of the simple problem ofnot  being able to encript sounds securely, or at least that is why Robert chose it. I know very litle about BGT, let alone python, so i don't know if there really are any advantages, or anything, but also, Crashmaster, unfortunately we are probably going to test the games ourselves and not do anypublic testing because again, Robert is the one managing this whole thing and even i agree in this case. And also, we are not using any peoples voices other than members of TMI, or voices of electronic games and sentence mixing, whitch is something we do a lot.
Thanks for reading, and thanks for the feedback.

2017-03-11 11:40:30

Python is not the best way to go if you want your code obfuscated, Although programs can be compiled into exe's that feature isn't designed to hide your source code.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2017-03-11 12:25:04

Hi. this is Zseli again. We, or at least i, want to show you all what we have been working on in the past few months.
Our main things we are working on right now, are electronic game based mods of allready  existing audiogames.
Me and robert spacifically created a few mods of Troopanum 1.6 for this reason.
We have a few  versions, the numbering is weird but we have a reason for it.
The one i will be sharing is the version 1.7 whitch I primarily worked on, with the exception of most of the speach files whitch were done by Robert. Most of these are called sentence mixed files.
Anyway, just a few things to note.
This is a beta stage, there are still stuff to improve.
Also, if you find anything that is out of place, like the intro, again, we had to come up with something, so we might replace it later.
If you have any questions about what the sounds or anything mean, just reply here.
Here is a link to a recording i have made:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzo1s684ediy5 … o.mp3?dl=0
Enjoy!

2017-03-11 12:55:37

Sorry for double posting. It's Robert here with my dropbox recording of 1.36. Not fully complete, but still in finishing stage. Took a look.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3g68p7f65k1k … h.m4a?dl=0

2017-03-11 19:20:48

Hmmm.
You may have to change the name of troopinam if you make that since its used.
Ofcause if these are practice mods its ok.

2017-03-11 20:08:34

yes, we are calling it loopanum, a wordplay from loopz by Mattel

2017-03-13 08:56:41

Hi.
It sounds really great. Keep up the great job.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-03-14 00:30:33 (edited by Test Mode Insiders 2017-03-14 06:27:23)

if Python isn't the best for encryption, what engine is? I was thinking python because it has a billion libraries, but if there's something greater out there, let us know. By encryption we mean sound encryption. Thanks to everyone who's replied.

2017-03-15 05:28:25

Python does sound encryption. It has encryption libraries, and sound libraries which support loading data from arrays stored in memory.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2017-04-02 06:31:08 (edited by Test Mode Insiders 2017-04-02 06:34:52)

for now, we are only interested in playing the applications for ourselves, so if someone wants to be payed for coding it in bgt, that's fine. We would like to eventually release them to the public, but have them be rewritten in a good sound encrypting reliable software. Please talk with us if you are interested in designg basic games like bop it and simon, and if up to it, some games involving maps. But for now, basic bop it and simon related stuff in bgt. Thanks

2017-04-02 13:59:59

The issue with python is this:
yes, there are plenty of encryption libraries, encrypting stuff isn't the problem, keeping it encrypted is. Python is a high level language, unlike something like c++. All the compilers that compile python code in to an exe *have* to store the python code somewhere. since they are open source and not designed for code obfuscation, you can extract the source code out of a compiled python program, and get the encryption key. Bgt is the same when it comes to high level programming, but it's not used mainstream, and no one actually took the time to figure out how bgt stores it's encryption keys and decrypt the bite code of a program. If you want to make it hard for someone to steal your sourcecode in python, you will have to modify the python interpreter, I don't have experience with that, but it's not easy. If you want ease of use and if you're only going to create classic games like simple bop it and troopanum, bgt will serve you well. If you want to do interesting things like use libaudioverse for 3d sound or use gui's, python might be a better choice if you can get over it that decompiling your programs is relatively easy without substantial effort on your part to change the python interpreter

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2017-04-02 20:44:50 (edited by Test Mode Insiders 2017-04-02 20:45:47)

thanks for the clarification. Zseli was able to connect a set alone working bop it game to our application of menus. So now we can create bop it games with no problems. But simon we haven't figured out yet

2017-04-02 20:50:15

If you need any help coding it, I can help. If you want to talk about payment as in your first post, I will do any coding for free, as long as the software itself is non-comersial

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2017-04-15 05:03:46

awesome man! Yeah, we don't need it to be commercial. Not in bgt at least. We have our website to work on and other stuff, so we aren't worried about commercial use until, 3 years? Lol. If you want to reach us, search test mode insiders on skype. I am always available there. Thanks

2017-04-15 05:05:49

sorry for the double reply. I have become lazy and haven't been checking our feed. Skype is better, cause I check it everyday, but I will get back in to the habbit of checking this more often.