2008-04-22 18:54:21

Hi,
This is not a new game release or anything, but something that was mentioned on the audyssey list.
Jim's new game that he's developing is called puppy 1. it's going to be an arcade aerial dog fight game, with targetting sounds, explosions... well... quite a lot of stuff, i think. there is barely any information, but i thought i'd let you guys know as the information is publicly available.

2008-04-22 19:00:21

That sounds cool!

Sometimes the best you can doo is to forget. Don't waste your time with what already has been done, because then you wil just break down in the end.

2008-04-23 17:09:11

wait so if Jim is making it, that means it will probably be free
and I am just slightly confused, dog fighting so like with planes right?
cause the puppy1 think kind of misled me

Connor

2008-04-24 09:19:56

Hi,
It's a plane game. It's called puppy 1 because his dad used to build remote controlled planes and his first one was called puppy1.

2008-04-24 16:15:42

and you kind of fight other planes right?

Connor

2008-04-24 16:16:21

as a matter of fact, he created two more planes which were called puppy2 and puppy3

2008-04-24 21:24:44

hi,
This game seems to be a rip off of TDV, which is being developed by BPC programs. i mean info about tdv has been out for aes now, at least since last christmas.
I don't like the sound of kitchen coming out with the news of a flight sim, after bpc have been developing theirs for 5 months. IT's obviously being copied from tdv.
There have been plenty of oppertunities for a developer to make a flight sim, and it's too big a coincidence that kitchen decided to make one now after bpc announced their plans to make one all those months ago.

I wonder if bpc knows that their idea is being copied by angothr developer

If not, i think BPC should be made aware of it.
Can someone let them know?

2008-04-24 22:10:10

No. It's not a flight sim game. At least I do not think it is.

2008-04-24 22:39:39

Well andy,it doesn't matter, it isn't a flight sim, but he is still using ellements of tdv in his game, death match mode is nothing but dog fighting fun- as heard in the sneak preview audio clip released a few weeks ago.

2008-04-25 08:59:08

Just because they are similar in genre does *not* mean he's copying it. You can't accuse games of copying simply from them having a "deathmatch" mode, this has been in nearly every mainstream game for the past 14 years for goodness sake.

Also I'm sure they will be more than different enough in practice, in a similar way to Audio Quake and Shades of Doom being different.

Please think before you make accusations quite so aggressively.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-04-25 17:12:43

yeah man, you gotta watch your step with what you say

Connor

2008-04-25 17:55:32

i agree. this is not a flight sim. tdv is. this is more arcade rather than sim. there arn't any elements from tdv, there's not even a deathmatch mode. i'm guessing it might be like something like 1942 or 1943, first person shooters, or, perhaps a windows version of old basic games where you had to input a number of a target and it fired a cannon, and it hit short or long, or right on. you had to move and get the right elevation. i recken it'll not be that though. i think it will be something like this.
you move about and try and get a lock on the enemy and then fire, using arcade elements. that's my guess.

2008-04-26 08:32:41

I agree. what with all the space invaders games? what with all the card games? nobody complains about that. that is similar but hey, that doesn't matter. Dark destroyer is free but has limited features, alien outback is more of a classic game, because the sounds suggest that, sounds like one of those nifty old arcade machines, and troopanum 2 is futuristic and hard sincestuff keeps happening (sometimes you'll have to wait 20 seconds in alien outback to finally get another ship to destroy)

2008-04-26 15:20:34

Well the presence of "deathmatch" and "race" modes, or any modes at all, in TDV makes me think of it as being more arcade than a full on flight sim... still Jim tends to make more light casual games rather than heavily involved ones, that's just his style. I would imagine Jim's game would be a more quick blast whereas TDV could take more effort and suck up more time.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-04-27 01:30:34

weather if it takes a lot of  efort, I am still up for trying it I truly hope though, that is in fact an arcade game

Connor

2008-04-27 02:10:51

Yeah, anything Jim makes I'm up for--Monopoly I was addicted to until I got into bigger games. I still play it now and then, and also homer on a harley is fun, but I have not managed to jump one bus yet lol!

2008-04-27 17:18:54

wait what game are you talking about Andy?

Connor

2008-04-27 19:04:17

Well Jim made a monopoly game so I play that a lot.

2008-04-28 01:50:42

no the motorcycle thing
I have played the monopoly one and it is good

Connor

2008-04-28 02:48:45

Homer on a harley? It's fun as anything. Makes my computer go crazy, though. That's not Jim's fault--skype makes it really roar and so do a lot of games, so it's not this specific program, I also play his life game, aseball and football

2008-04-30 23:51:51

yeah he can make a good game I like the trucker, baseball, and especially the golfe one

Connor