Hmm, possibly could do this.

Follow on twitter! @DarkFlierProd
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: darkflier.com
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

52 (edited by raygrote 2017-03-08 07:04:25)

I personally favor the combat the way it is. I sort of feel like this is in a medieval setting with a few supernatural forces in play. The idea of advanced combat and more modern weapons like guns made it feel more generic to me. It didn't ruin it but took away from the sort of mysterious atmosphere I perceived without them.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

Thumbs up

I honestly agree with Raygrote, the other type of combat is so typical in games these days.

I honestly don't like the "one item" thing, the one used in old monti and this current tomb hunter. Sure could do it if it's something about durability. You can switch weapons, have block/parry/whatever. No guns, just bows (unlike the original tombhunter that has guns). Finding gun ammoes lying around the "tomb"/or tem ple sorta ruins the atmosphere. Who in ancient days use guns anyway. Flintlocks may be, but let's say something like centaurs definetly don't use that either, lol.
One question: How would bosses work if you plan it to be 10 tombs though?

My sskype : mars.bhuntamata, add away buddy. If you think you are crazy, I am as well. I may be even crazier, who knows.

I vote for a payed game, simply because you have deserved some money for all the hard work you're doing.

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... big_smile

did anyone else pre-order this one? I know Mason has had a bit of trouble in the Community but what I'm seeing so far is good for being an alfa, or even early beta.
The combat system needs to be completely changed though to more the style of what Stewie described earlier, although I also agree that guns make it unrealistic. Perhaps you start out with a glock and you have just a few clips.
Also diffrent weapons are different effective against different stuff. Maybe a sword would be effective against say tigers and giants and whatever, while a hammer would be most effective against skeletons, and bullets / Arrows would be most effective against a harpy?

Also the enemies AI needs to be reworked. But I'm sure this'll come.

If you like what I write please consider giving me a thumbs up, it makes me happy everytime I get one!
Also consider adding me to skype at:
andreas.andersson1996
have a nice day!

Thumbs up

So mason, one question. will you do more than 10 levels or tombs? bytheway, good game. smile

Thumbs up

This game has superb potential. By the way, about the combat and some stuff. First of all, guns would make it unrealistic, but you could start out with one or two firearms, since you came from modern age. And, the sword can stand one hit is good, since it's explained in the readme that it can't stand more because of dark energy. And could you do that right sift can be used for looking? Since i'm using my right hand only, and looking with left sift is hard.

Thumbs up

yeah a new combat system could be nice. please not space bar mashing again... I do like stewie's idea, that you could do light punch/kick or heavy punch/kick, it will be super cool if you could add a combos big_smile

Thumbs up

Mason,
Good start!
I didn't read about any guns in the read-me file.
Maybe a gun could be found that has silver bullets for killing certain un-dead characters.
I have a problem with reading the main menu.
I am using JAWS and maybe that is why.
All I get is,
Tomb Hunter main menu.
Play game p
I don't get anything else when hitting up and down arrows.
If you put a full list of main menu hot keys I could use them.
I hit x for exit by mistake.

Thumbs up

kratos wrote:

So mason, one question. will you do more than 10 levels or tombs? bytheway, good game. smile

You can read an answer for this question in post 34. smile

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... big_smile

Hi.
I know, the question has been there some pages before this post, but if you have to decide, I would actually not mind paying for that game if I have a demo which shows me maybe not all, but some of the things available in the full game.
That's the problem with the most demos in my opinion, they show you a little bit, but not that much that would convince me to buy the game.
BTW, i know, you had to answer that questions multiple times now xD, but if you need a beta tester or sound designer, feel free to contact me.
Greetings moritz.

Hömma, willze watt von mir oder wie, weil wenn nich, dann lass dir mal sagen, laber mir kein Kottlett anne Wange und hömma, wo wir gerade dabei sind, dann iss hier hängen im Schacht, sonns klapp ich dir hier die Fingernägel auf links, datt kannze mir mal glaubn.

Thumbs up

could we have a pistil or something for the first level? just so we can get past the snakes and skeletons.

Learn about the-m-word midget and how its offensive to people who have dwarfism and please sign.
I took the pledge, will you?

http://www.the-m-word.net/

Yeah I agree that finding ammo lying around ancient temples would be unrealistic. I just feel like actually carrying single weapons that weren't one off items contributed to the atmosphere more, especially as its unrealistic that this person randomly entered dangerous areas without one. Also why didn't they bring a flashlight or lantern?

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

65 (edited by blindndangerous 2017-03-08 17:16:51)

So this has the feeling of tomb raider type games, if you look at the more recent editions of tomb raider, I believe she has a sword or guns, so I don't think that it'd be unrealistic to have guns if needed, as well as melee weapons.

Thumbs up

Hello Mason.
I can not buy the game because I have only 14 and my mum does not want to buy games and we do not have pay pall.
But I can be a beta tester or a recorder for the voices.
Contact me if you want on skype:
Angel

Thumbs up

Hi,

Hmm, there seems to be quite some speculation on the attack and the way weapons should be handled. As for reworking the AI, not sure what should be done here exactly, a bit more info please? I may go for a numbers to select weapons or something like that possibly type interface, but it just seems so generic to me, like every game has that kind of combat system, select a weapon with number row, spacebar to shoot at the enemy, bam done. Hmm.

About the level system, I may need to rework some of that because while I would like 40 levels, it takes time to write a good level and writing 40 of them...I could do it but it may take longer than I'd like and it may not even get released until quite a long ways into the future. I'm not talking more than a year, but maybe 4 or 5 even months and I was hoping to have the release by sometime next month or the beginning of May. Thoughts?

i don't mind waiting 5 or so months.

Learn about the-m-word midget and how its offensive to people who have dwarfism and please sign.
I took the pledge, will you?

http://www.the-m-word.net/

Fair enough, the problem is though, if I wait 5 or so months, my life will become quite crazy in June or so, so I may not have that long to wait. We'll have to see.

70 (edited by djrockmasterrob 2017-03-08 21:00:45)

Hey Maicen and all,
Well, I expect a game like this to take rather long to develop.
I honestly think that 4 months at the very least, and 8 months at the very best is a good timeframe for development. I think that that's really good, especially if you're working on your own
If you think that you can get it out sooner, all that you can do is to try your best. Perhaps if you wish to do so, you could have another dev work on the project with you?
Take mainstream games such as GTA5.
that game took years to develop. And even when it came out, it had some major bugs and flaws which were eventually fixed in later releases, for example, the xbox one s and ps4 release. And rockstar has entire crues that work on the project.
Unfortunately, the bugs and issues still remain in the xbox 360 release.
The enicial game was rushed out do to demand.
So definitely take as much time with this project as you need, while doing your best to keep your deadlines in mind.
And even if your final enicial release of the project does have any bugs or glitches that effect game play, the comunity will spot and report them.
I'm definitely looking forward to more beta releases, and I'm interested to see what gets changed, implemented, etcetera with this project.
Loving this game so far.
I'll play it more tonight and I'll come back with a nice input post.
best Regards.

Dj and assistant mannidger at Aftermath Radio. Spinning nothing but the best in throwback and OldSchool jams, from funk, to clasic rock, to clasic hip hop and more!
https://radiokallisti.org/aftermath-radio/

Thumbs up

Mason,
I am still having problems with the main menu.
I hit down arrow from Play game p and it takes a minute to say load  l.
I've found that s is for sound descriptions and x is for exit.
Are there any other choices?
The only sound that doesn't seem to fit is skeleton.
I was expecting a bones sound. You could order some fried chicken, strip off the meat and eat it, then dry the bones in a microwave, then drop the dry bones on a bed spread making a pile, while recording the sound.
Or you could use the sound of dice, you know, roll dem bones.

Thumbs up

Haha. The only reason I can think that the main menu wouldn't be working is either that you are on windows 8.1, or on a version of windows that busts the JAWS keyhook. Do any other games do this? JAWS works fine with TH on my system.

Yeah, you are correct, I am still running Windows Vista.
But Jaws only messes up in the Main Menu not in the game itself.
If you give me the rest of the list of Main Menu hot keys,
I can play the game just like everyone else.
start a new game, p
load previous games, l
set options, ?
listen to sample game sounds, s
test your speaker configuration, ?
and exit the program, x.

Thumbs up

There are only 4 options as of right now. Play, which is P. Learn, which is S. Load, L. Exit, x.

I personally am in agreement to Mason in regards to combat. So many games have numbered weapons with shooting with space bar. There's nothing bad about that, ubt it's nice to see a game with a focus on evasion. I've gotten fairly good at avoiding attacks, but it takes some practice and a familiarity with the area you're in. It took me a few tries in some spots but I can get through a lot of it without losing a life now.
A possible idea for a boss is to fight in an area where swords and potions respawn every 15 seconds or so. The boss has strong poisonous attacks so you'd have to keep using swords to hurt the enemy while healing from the attacks. I don't know how you'd make it more interesting though, that could become boring after a while.
Also more varried areas with different ambiances and themes would be cool, like an outside area or an area filled with obstacles with its own theme.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

Thumbs up