f2 saves, f3 loads.

Thumbs up

Guys, I can't get passed level 6. The game tells me that I am missing scrolls Can you tell me where each one is?

Thumbs up

Oh man, that would be because I forgot to spawn scrolls in any level past level 3. Wahahaha oopsy. Good catch.

Thumbs up

Hi Mason.
If you need someone to host a stable server for any of your games, online games, then feel free to send me a private mail, not private message but mail, and we'll figure something out.

Thumbs up

welcome back Mason, I'm happy this has the potential to not turn into a dramafest. Going to download the game now and give my feedback. Maybe this'll be my next walkthrough, who knows ^^

Thumbs up

A lot has changed with me in the past few months, so we're just gonna hope that doesn't happen. big_smile

But in all seriousness, glad you're all enjoying the game.

Thumbs up

how do i get past level 2? and where can i find the shops to use the coins?

Thumbs up

I do not know if the shops are available yet. I do hope this game will remain free when the full game is completed. I believe Mason forgot to put scrolls on the levels after the third one, because I am also missing scrolls to advance past level 6.

Thumbs up

Yep, I did, haha. I added them for the next beta though, which will be released when I get the next level done.

So now the question comes of should I leave this free or make it paid. The plan is that we'll have 40 levels when the game is done, 4 levels per temple, 10 temples. While I like free games, that's going to take a looot of time and effort. So here's the deal. We can go paid, if everyone's up for that of course. I know some of you won't be able to pay and that sucks, and I wish I could do something for you. But the reality is, if I'm going to put work into creating 40 levels for this game I want something for it. I'm thinking an initial price of $15 for preordering and $30 for the full game, would be more than fair.

Here is my plan. I'm going to allow the first two tombs (First 8 levels) to be played for free. Once those levels are created, my plan was to create the registration system, as Thomas did, and allow you to buy at the preorder price and register to play future levels as future betas were created. Any thoughts/feelings on this are welcome.

Thumbs up +1

Well, since as you I don't like payed games (eccept that I will tell mommy for this) I want to be free, I say I want the game to be free

Thumbs up

Although i have no paypal, I'd still go for paid

Thumbs up

To Mason, that actually sounds fair to me. Even though my budget is tight, I could give you $15 for the preorder price. Would I qualify for the preorder if I gave you the money before you announced it?

Thumbs up

Of course, as long as I knew what it was fore when you sent it, which I now do. smile

Thumbs up

how does the $30 work? is that for people who buy the game whenit comes out?

Thumbs up

Hey all,
[wow], I should definitely be more active here.
The 15 dollars is for pre-order with a nice perk.
The 30 dollars is for the full price, after the pre-order period has ended and the full game has been released. If I'm understanding correctly, if you wish to pre-order, you can get access to the betas, rite until the full game is released. You only pay the one time.
But [wow] Maicen, this is just, amazing.
A game like this definitely has to be payed.
Personally, I definitely wouldn't mind paying full price for this game. I do love the pre-ordder method though as well, it gives others who are not able to pay for the game in full, a chance to own the game, then play the betas to boot.
Keep up the good work bro, big props as always.

Thumbs up +1

Thanks for the kind words, Rob. Means a lot. smile

Thumbs up

could people do monthly payments if they can't give $30 right away?

Thumbs up

sure, that is/could be a possibility.

The page is now ready.

www.darkflier.com/th.php

Thumbs up

I really like this game. So Mason? At least Can you make the betas free? or in the last free one can you add a level creator?

Thumbs up

No level creator, as this isn't that kind of game.

Thumbs up

I just checked out this game, and I really like it! I completed all six levels. I do have some suggestions though.
1. Some grammar is a little weird, and some objects don't seem to have names. Some things that come to mind are "swimming" should probably be "deep water" or something. There are also moments where an over 200-foot drop is spotted, but it's just a border and there is no danger of falling. There are also sections which have a few hundred squares of nothing until you eventually reach the wall. In general there should be more walls in those areas so that there aren't mindless open spaces. Also surfaces have weird numbers after them which don't make a lot of sense to me. And the manual is ripping too much from the Alchemy games manual, and there are a few alchemy references which are confusing, and not enough original material to make it feel like a different game's manual. I'm pretty certain all of these things I mention are just placeholders and will be improved in the final version.
2. This game seems to be more focused on platforming and navigating through the levels, but in the alchemy version, it was more about evading the traps. With a few exceptions the layouts were simple. Enemies moved quickly, though nothing had a perceivable step speed. Some obstacles could only be cleared with running jumps, and even then you had to be careful as if you jumped just a hair early or late, you wouldn't make the jump. Electric fields and platforms were very quick to appear and disappear, and so timing became a real concern. Nothing felt like a grid or a matter of coordinates. While I know different games will play differently and can't be expected to match, the alchemy games way of doing things just felt the most alive and I've always hoped it would be recreated in remakes, and it never really has. I do like Tomb Hunter how it is though, I'm just reminiscing and wondering if anyone shares this thought. Lol
There are a few more things I have in mind but the two I've listed above are the most significant, the others are probably asking too much at this point in development. I definitely wish you well on the way forward! I will probably wait until the game's release to purchase it, but rest assured it will have my support.

Thumbs up

The walls issue has been fixed for the new beta. Also, I was trying to go for a combined Alchemy/Mota feel, which is probably why it's not the same as Alchemy's version and also not the same as Thomas's version.

Thumbs up

Is there any chance you could change up the combat system a bit? I personally think the one the later USA Games Tomb Hunter used made the game a lot more fun. It has a lot of room for expansion as well. Maybe the player could exchange temple gold for weapons between temples and upgrade stats that way, etc.

Thumbs up

I definitely could, however let's get some more feedback on that before I do anything with it. How do you think the combat system should work?

Thumbs up

Tom Ward's system had the traditional setup, IE numbers to change weapons and space to fire them. You could draw or holster a weapon with w. If the weapon was drawn your jump height/distance were reduced.

I think this could be improved, maybe with light/heavy attacks (Lighter attacks are faster, etc) as well as an option to actually block attacks for once. I think it would improve things, in my opinion it would be more fun than jumping out of the way of enemies and occasionally hitting enter and hoping.

Thumbs up