2017-03-05 06:21:27

I've been looking through our list of games... I'm looking for a game thats close to a life sim, something like the sims or second life.. Whats the
closest thing we have?

2017-03-05 08:23:18

actually you can play second life using a client called radegast if I remember right. I haven't played in a while so I have no idea what has improved or not but the game was playable after a bit of getting used to all the commands and ways to interact with the world.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2017-03-05 10:41:51

from what I know, radegast's problem is that it doesn't really give you the experience of a life sim like you'd get if you actually played sl normally. in terms of completely accessible the only thing I can think of is alter ego, which is a text based gamebook like simmulation where you click on different buttons to receive scinarios which you need to respond to. As you age, your responsibilities will grow and you'll unlock special icons such as work, children, or marage. However it is a text based game, and thus has its limit. So after about two playthroughs you've basically seen everything the game has to offer. Desafio mortal would kinda come close to a life sim, but since that game is down and we have no idea whether it'll come back up, its on the back burner for now.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-03-05 14:39:47

I've tried to play second life before... Well not only was Radegast a bit diffficult to install but at the time it was very.. Clunky, should we say.
The game simply wasn't acessible enough, unfortunately. I'll be looking for a browser life sim, lets see what I find. Hopefully I'll find something
acessible.

2017-03-05 14:45:47

well in terms of browser life sims there's one called popmundo but that one is more focused on the life of a musician rather than a generic life sim.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-03-07 01:34:42

Hello! I've found a large list of simulation games.. May be we'll have some more mmorpgs to add to our game list.. Here's the link its a large list
of 8 pages, feel free to browse..
http://newrpg.com/categories/simulation-browser-games/

2017-03-07 02:14:04

The problem with radegast is that sighted people can do 100 times what you can do in radegast, not a slur on the developer, as he I think didn't anticipate the use it would eventually come to, but yeah, let's just say you are missing out on... a lot.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-03-07 14:47:40

Exactly.. Its just unfortunate that sl's programmers don't seem to be willing to make the game more acessible then Radegast.. I checked their forums
and some people were a bit rude about the matter, one person even said something like 'its just how life is, deal with it everyone has some
disadvantage.' So yes, second life's out of the question.

2017-03-07 18:03:24

That was probably people just not understanding disabilities, not any of the Lindin programmers.

The Radegast developer, so I've heard, is apparently dead--not sure when he dyed.

I'm not sure if there's people who play with that guide dog addon or whatever, nobody really got to updating that I don't think.

2017-03-14 01:13:57

So I stumbled on this thread, not sure if anyone's looking at it anymore. When I came across it, I was hoping more for like a game, rather than anything browser based. Most browser based stuff is either just too graphic, and even if it is 100 percent accessible, only go so far. I too, was hoping for something like the sims games. Second life, yeah I tried the client, but I never could figure out how to start or how to work any of it. However, hearing the replies, I take it, even with the client, it isn't all that accessible. Which is a true pity. I would have been open to giving it another try with some guideance.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2017-03-14 05:23:04

@silvermoon I agree with you.. It would be good if we had a life sim like the sims. But well we can always hope.. May be one day it'll be done.

2017-03-14 06:07:37

yeah, that or that second life might be accessible. I don't know. I was hoping, when I saw this thread, and it's been dashed.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson