2017-03-06 08:00:38

Eeehhh...for a moment I hoped I have solved the problem...

I reinstalled the game to drive C:, and there was no speed-hack alert...for the first half an hour time that is!

Now I am back to where I started from, it keeps happening again...after even setting to run STW as admin!

2017-03-06 08:29:06

Hi.
I have used Super anti spyware the free edition for many years, but it can be quite tricky to use with a screenreader. I'll only recommend this program, if you know how to use a virtual cursor, or if you have a sighted person to help you with the program.
www.superantispyware.com
Remember to get the free version, and at the end of the installation, do not choose the payed version. I don't remember how to avoid that.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-03-06 10:11:34 (edited by Chris 2017-03-06 10:15:58)

I'm guessing these are just serious bugs in the software. I stopped playing Sam's games mainly because of these random speed hack errors I'd run into when trying to load them. This was happening when I had no cheating software installed. Maybe the program creates a file somewhere in the hierarchy of your file system. If that's the problem, ask Sam where it can be found and delete it. Other than that, just stop playing the games and move on. It's not worth erasing your entire operating system and reinstalling/configuring all your programs and settings.

As for your computer hardware, you really shouldn't need a lot. Audio games are not very processor intensive applications. You're probably fine if your computer has a GB or more of Ram and a dual or quad core processor running at something over 1 GHZ. I'd only worry about it if you've got a really old machine with 512 MB of RAM or something crazy like that. I don't think this is the case as you've stated that you bought your computer within the last two years or so. Don't stress yourself about it. If sloppy coding is the problem, either get the developer to fix it or just do something else. It's just a game.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-03-06 14:18:10

I'm not saying your computer is slow, I'm saying it should be really fast when playing these games. If you can give us the exact processor model, we can see if it is the problem. If you have an i3, it probably won't work. An older I5 will also get you some speedhack alerts. only newer i5's and i7's made it go away for me. Consider that I only played redspot, so if the systems are not similar this info is useless.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2017-03-06 15:36:11

That's a bunch of bullshit to be frank. I demand you buy a top of the line PC so you can play my games because I can't be bothered to improve the speed hack detection system. I am back into STW a little bit now, but if this happened to me, I'd just uninstall it and be done. I feel like things left in the wild, so to speak, are just bad form, if Sam can't be bothered to fix it, or doesn't know how, which I doubt, the guy does seem to be a talented motherfucker, in sound design or coding, well bring someone else on board who he trusts and train them up to know how the STW code works or whatever. I know he has a lot of demands on his time, but such is life when you run online games. One suggestion is a second server for testing where people can go to test bugs like this, but stats and inv are reset every day, so you can't build up, and you can't buy things from the STW store on that server.

Anyway, sounds like what Sam needs is another developer on board so they can share the time and its not all falling on him. I'd offer to help, but that's laughable, my coding skill is... well, let's just say my year old Niece could probably do it better.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-03-06 17:05:51 (edited by Caccio72 2017-03-06 17:39:04)

Chris wrote:

I'm guessing these are just serious bugs in the software. I stopped playing Sam's games mainly because of these random speed hack errors I'd run into when trying to load them. This was happening when I had no cheating software installed. Maybe the program creates a file somewhere in the hierarchy of your file system. If that's the problem, ask Sam where it can be found and delete it. Other than that, just stop playing the games and move on. It's not worth erasing your entire operating system and reinstalling/configuring all your programs and settings.

As for your computer hardware, you really shouldn't need a lot. Audio games are not very processor intensive applications. You're probably fine if your computer has a GB or more of Ram and a dual or quad core processor running at something over 1 GHZ. I'd only worry about it if you've got a really old machine with 512 MB of RAM or something crazy like that. I don't think this is the case as you've stated that you bought your computer within the last two years or so. Don't stress yourself about it. If sloppy coding is the problem, either get the developer to fix it or just do something else. It's just a game.

LOL, I have a faar-faar better computer than that, its actually a middle-class i5 processor, with 8GB RAM, 2GB R9 series graphic-card, a 1TB hard-drive,and with a bit over 200 mb/sec download-speed internet connection.

I highly doubt this can be considered "slow" for playing an audio-game...

2017-03-06 17:40:01

@30, fully agreed, the speedhacking system should be improved, or it should be done manually.
I'm simply trying to verify the issue, I guess a if you'd reinstall windows it would fix the issue because a middleclass I5 should be fine, but that is waaaaaay too much to do for 1 single game.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2017-03-06 18:38:48

Those specifications are just fine. In fact, you've got more RAM and drive space than I do. It sounds like someone has a lot of code to clean up.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-03-06 18:46:14

Um yeah, I would suggest doing nothing to your computer. No extra software, no clean up, no hardware replacement, no re-formats, not even a single command in command prompt. Your PC is not at all the problem. Everybody has gotten at least one of these alerts and honestly there's no telling at all what causes them. Given that this is a multi player game, who knows, server lag or another client could be confusing the server, I don't know. There's no telling. But it's quite evident that you have nothing wrong with anything relating to your computer that is causing this, because I have specs 3 to 4 times less than yours and I can play every other audio game, and even mostly Red Spot and STW without getting alerts most of the time, and no other games give them to me.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2017-03-06 20:05:37 (edited by Caccio72 2017-03-07 08:50:32)

Actually I do plan changing from Windows 8 to 10 in the near future, but since still exists a glimmer of hope to regain a small percent of my eyesight, (it keeps fading away by time, but it still does exist, and I won't give it up till the very last second), so I decided to wait untill that hope will finally disappear, and my blindness evidently becomes a permanent state, then I can have Windows 10 installed totally adjusted to "blind-usage", without all the prograams and games needed/used/played in my "sighted" period.

Edit:
Damnit, posting this made me cry...!!!
Just think of GTA 5 Online...what a colossal game it was...the one with the very best, and nicest graphics I have ever played!
You guys really should have seen the 2 red-head beauty-babes I created there, then kept outfitting them with various dresses, shoes, hairstyle, jewelry, make-up, tatoos, etc during the gameplay...
Nor will I ever be capable of shooting pool again in my real-life...(I was an expert level pool-player...hell, even "Caccio is...actually was...initially my pool-player nickname You know)
All I am able to play now are a quite limited number of audio-based computer-games, where even veteran gamers like myself, can mostly rely only on their own imagination and fantasy...and eventualy on some of their general game-playing experience.
And I am prevented from playing even some of those properly, due oversensitive security-settings of certain paranoid game-servers!!!

2017-03-07 02:17:39

vision is bullshit, you don't need it, this is coming from a partially sighted individual.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-03-07 09:16:03 (edited by Caccio72 2017-03-07 10:31:44)

ironcross32 wrote:

vision is bullshit, you don't need it, this is coming from a partially sighted individual.

Well, I definitely cannot agree with this comment!
Namely, in a way, I was a "partially-sighted" individual myself all my life.
I lost my left eye right after my birth, due the carelessness of a certain clumsy nurse...so lived my whole life with only one functioning, meaning sighted eye, all the way until a large, malicious tumor was encountered on it round 3 years ago...and despite all the treatment and surgeries, it was just too late to save my slowly, but constantly deteriorating (remaining) vision. (lost all of it a year ago)

So, unlike people who were already born blind, I do very well know what all I have lost, and please don't try to tell me not to feel sorry for it!

2017-03-07 12:43:33

ironcross32 wrote:

uh.. no. It is definitely not bullshit mate and I don't know about you but given a choice I certainly do need it. big_smile
Totally blind, but had a little sight when I was a kid, still I can't say blindness is all good, vision sucks. I deal with it cause its the cards I am delt, but I certainly don't have to be happy about it.

OP, I do feel your pain. But personally I think I can do without all these games full of drama even though there isn't much choice as such available although to be fare its more now than what it was 5 or so years ago.

Sam has good ideas, he really does,and you see him taking things in a right direction sometimes but its the fandom that leads him astray, and I don't think I shall get started on this, because if I do, I don't think I'd stop. so formatting a pc for a game? big no no.

grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-03-07 12:57:15

I just installed and ran Malwarebyte's Ad-Cleaner, (the latest version of course", an that didn't help either, speed-hack alerts keep occuring...especially while jumping between the main menu options and settings!

I am pretty close to finally give up all the tries and efforts regarding the STW game, after all once I manage to enter into the game itself, speed-hack alerts happen quite rarely now, (usually only while typing longer chat-messages), so it seems I still achieved some improvements regarding this problem!

2017-03-07 13:58:30

This makes me wonder.

Speed hacks, from what you guys are reporting, seem to happen only when the program does not get a chance to check it's timer loop, so of course the values would be out of sync. Switching menus probably exits the menu loop for a given amount of time which is probably much past the allowed slack value, if he still uses the script available on his website.

Although, why checking for speed hacking in the menu needs to happen is beyond me. Don't choose too fast guys!

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2017-03-07 14:33:42 (edited by Caccio72 2017-03-07 19:34:01)

grryfindore wrote:
ironcross32 wrote:

uh.. no. It is definitely not bullshit mate and I don't know about you but given a choice I certainly do need it. big_smile
Totally blind, but had a little sight when I was a kid, still I can't say blindness is all good, vision sucks. I deal with it cause its the cards I am delt, but I certainly don't have to be happy about it.

OP, I do feel your pain. But personally I think I can do without all these games full of drama even though there isn't much choice as such available although to be fare its more now than what it was 5 or so years ago.

Sam has good ideas, he really does,and you see him taking things in a right direction sometimes but its the fandom that leads him astray, and I don't think I shall get started on this, because if I do, I don't think I'd stop. so formatting a pc for a game? big no no.

grryf

To be honest, I simply cannot imagine my life without computer-games...
During my childhood, they merely provided a great fun to me, so they were a sheer passion...but later, in my grown-up life period, they represented a type of getaway, an asylum, to which I can escape from the real life and world, from the human-society I became generally so much disappointed of...so that they actually turned into my primary home-entertainment, a regular addiction, an obsession even, to which I highly doubt I could ever find a proper replacement in the future!

Just think of the television: One just sits back, and passively watches and/or listens to what other people are doing and/or saying, without any chance, possibility, or opportunity of any kind of interaction.
As a total opposite of that, in computer-games players actively choose their moves, actions, make their own choices, decisions, and by doing so, they influence the gameplay and its outcome, along with their own results, achievements, successes, or failures!

2017-03-07 18:34:42

hi
there's a bunch of games have for play right now
I don't format my computer for a crappy or buggy game
they made speed hack detection whatever
with bugs,  or how many times you have to explain,  damn my computer doesn't contains cheating engine?
now what the hell?
that happened to me before you know?
but I don't care anymore about
when i tried to update the game,  speed hack detection
I tried to reinstal the game separately hard drive,  and ssd it didn't work either
don't tell me my computer is causes
here's the specs
Asus pro gaming h 170 motherboard
intel core i 7 processor
4 gb nvidia graphic card 256 bit
8 gb ram
512 gb ssd and 2 tb from seagate hard drive
now what to do? nothing seems
my advice If you have doubt, search the google hd tune
the program is accessible with screen readers
hd tune will check your hard drive contains bad sectors
bad sectors causes slow hard drive,  the heads are flying in the over plate
that grows overtime
you will lose your files
just my thought or not
It worked in my laptop once when i am trying to use in my desktop computer won't work
and i decided to remove this in my laptop
the software have to improve with all processors for stable

2017-03-07 19:55:24 (edited by Caccio72 2017-03-07 20:27:40)

I totally agree Ivan, I do hate and deeply despise game-cheaters too, especially since I actually prefer the games I play to be, or at least to become as hard as possible, so I feel severely insulted and outraged when being considered for one of those, who are trying to make them much easier by applying cheating-tricks!

My all time favorite quote about computer-games is:
The harder the game, or tougher the player-concurrency, the greater the challenge, and the greater the challenge, the sweeter the reward, meaning every single success one achieves in the game!

2017-03-08 01:43:55 (edited by Caccio72 2017-03-09 00:28:36)

Oh btw, I just remembered a question regarding STW-gameplay in general:
Does the selected gender of our characters make any difference at all?

So far I haven't noticed any, not even by the voice and emotes (a.k.a. "socials") of the characters in the game, they all sound "quite male" to me...(including my own ones of course)

Edit:
Oh, and another one:
I wish to practice some PvP, but not with my current character, since it has too many cool stuff I would feel sorry for. (meaning losing them if I die)
So, if I start with a new, different, fresh-created character, will the game still remember the old one, and let me continue playing with it again, (from the point where It left the game), normally after entering its name and password again?
I guess that's what passwords are for in STW, or am I wrong?
I already noticed before, that entering a past character-name and password restores my old aliases...but don't know about character's game-inventory and experience-level, since that restored character has died back in its last game.
Of course, without knowing the answer to this question, I would hate to restart with a new character now, and risk losing all the fine stuff I acquired with my current one!

2017-03-09 09:54:43 (edited by hamada 2017-03-09 10:14:56)

Hi, you don't nead to hate your self, cause starting with a new char won't destroy the old one. The chars are saved on the server, so even if ya'll make a new one, you can come back to the old by just typing your name and the password.
Regarding the gender pref, it makes alot of differance cause never the mail same as femal. Alot of people slect randomly, after they come to admins by a request for changing it. The game has some text, based on that it will call you she or he, and the chois is up to you.
Also speed hack may detect you of one thing, let us say from my experiance, if the game will find a hard time loweding the sounds, it will give you speed hacks on the menu, and this is a thing has to do with your hard drive, as well as using the difault sapy voice of windows will cause speed hacks. I am an admin in STW, and I know really that the faulse speed hacks alerts are neerly gone, so logiclly speaking is that your pc has something to do with this faulse speed hack alert, cause I don't get it my self, and over 60 players don't, thus no doubt that it's a pc issue. yeah we know that all will start posting about their strong processers and things, but that really doesn't matter, if there's something doesn't work properly, get even a 32 gb of ram.
Just one thing, the speed hack protection has been included to keep cheaters away, why Sam will disturbe his brain by coding this class, if people won't speed up the game functions.
See in most video games, you've to get a strong pc, and people do it with out asking. sometimes you've to get a fresh installation of your system, and people do it with out asking, simply because they want to play the game. If you've a willing to do, you'll brake the walls to reach your aim, yet if you do not, then of course you'll just pass.
Greetings.

2017-03-09 18:50:34 (edited by roelvdwal 2017-03-09 18:51:45)

Um, I will have to respectfully disagree with post 45. I mean seriously? paying for a new pc, and 32 gb of ram just to avoid triggering a broaken speedhack system? Video games require strong pcs, maybe, because they are much more processor intensive, and they actually do something with that strong hardware, opposed to just making sure your not speedhacking. And it's all fine that 60 people don't have issues. the others who did just went away. Playing an audiogame, any audiogame accept redspot and stw, can be done when windows run in my experience. So why wouldn't that be the case for stw and redspot?

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2017-03-09 19:06:20

agree with 46

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-03-09 19:07:27

@hamada, I think that we all have established that it is not Caccio72's computer, nor his internet. Sam shouldn't have even attempted to put speed hack detection in the game. People will figure out ways around it no matter what he tries, and he's definitely going about it the entirely wrong way. From what I can tell from this stack overflow question (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1751 … -hack-work) which sourced it's material from the cheat engine wiki (http://wiki.cheatengine.org/index.php?t … #Speedhack), here's how the different methods work:

1. The old method ran the application in a very high priority thread, used timed sleeping to speed up the game, and, when a function was called, it was given an emulated timer which is sped up.

2. The new method injects the cheat engine DLL into the program and modifies it to the speed you selected in the cheat engine user interface; it sets a base reference to the current time; and lastly, it determines the new returned time using the formula r=b+((c-b)*s), where r=returned time, b=base time, c=current time, and s=speed.

Both Methods are easy to detect by sending a packet with the time every couple of seconds to be validated by a server. The game may also detect the injection. I consider the first detection method, which is the one Sam is using, very unreliable, as displayed throughout this thread. The game cannot detect whether a real speed hack is actually occurring because internet connections factor into this entire equation. Add to that the instability and complication of the BGT network library, and doing it that way is impossible. It looks like that method raises far more false positives than actual speed hacks, which makes it entirely useless. The second method is far more promising. The problem, though, is that it is impossible in bGT. No DLL would work her, either, because a DLL cannot detect DLL injection by another DLL. That's at the program level and not at the DLL level, so a DLL is useless here. And, since BGT is not a real programming language and does not allow you the full functionality of the Windows API, nor does it allow you any access to interfaces which would allow you to detect such injection, and you find that detecting speed hacks in any way is impossible, all because no one is willing to switch to another programming language that does allow you to detect for DLL injections. So yeah, BGT lovers -- use BGT at your own peril.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-03-09 21:15:07 (edited by Caccio72 2017-03-09 23:10:29)

hamada wrote:

Hi, you don't nead to hate your self, cause starting with a new char won't destroy the old one. The chars are saved on the server, so even if ya'll make a new one, you can come back to the old by just typing your name and the password.
Regarding the gender pref, it makes alot of differance cause never the mail same as femal. Alot of people slect randomly, after they come to admins by a request for changing it. The game has some text, based on that it will call you she or he, and the chois is up to you.
Also speed hack may detect you of one thing, let us say from my experiance, if the game will find a hard time loweding the sounds, it will give you speed hacks on the menu, and this is a thing has to do with your hard drive, as well as using the difault sapy voice of windows will cause speed hacks. I am an admin in STW, and I know really that the faulse speed hacks alerts are neerly gone, so logiclly speaking is that your pc has something to do with this faulse speed hack alert, cause I don't get it my self, and over 60 players don't, thus no doubt that it's a pc issue. yeah we know that all will start posting about their strong processers and things, but that really doesn't matter, if there's something doesn't work properly, get even a 32 gb of ram.
Just one thing, the speed hack protection has been included to keep cheaters away, why Sam will disturbe his brain by coding this class, if people won't speed up the game functions.
See in most video games, you've to get a strong pc, and people do it with out asking. sometimes you've to get a fresh installation of your system, and people do it with out asking, simply because they want to play the game. If you've a willing to do, you'll brake the walls to reach your aim, yet if you do not, then of course you'll just pass.
Greetings.

Ah...so as you say, using the default SAPI voice can cause the speed-hack alerts, then that's the solution of this so "notorious" problem...I prefer using SAPI by audio-games, after all that female voice sounds so clear and attractive to me...so I haven't even tried to use my NVDA screen-reader voice in the STW game yet!
But if that will finally solve that annoying speed-hack issue, I shall gladly make an exception with this game! (errr, somehow it just sounds too easy to prove right)

Many thanks for this hint, I will check out if it really works...I just wonder how no one remembered to suggest it here by now...AND WHY IS IT NOWHERE NOTED IN THE GAME, HUH???

2017-03-10 01:19:58

well you could look to see if cheatengine.exe is runnnig, oh no ya can't because BGT doesn't do that...

End racism
End division
Become united