2017-02-26 04:52:35 (edited by dardar 2017-02-26 04:54:16)

greetings to you all,
It has been about 2 or 3 weeks since Nathan Tech released our last game, Nate's word hunt of doom.
I was rummaging through my games folder, looking at which project I wanted to complete next, when I came across this game.
Originally, I coded this game specifically for my girlfriend as she loves this sort of thing, however, after due discussion, we decided to release it to the public.
I bring you... Fist of Fury!
Fist of fury is a turn-based strategy game in which you are put against the component in an epic, multi-weapon battle of strategy and cunning.
The aim of the game is to obliterate the enemies blockade before they can destroy your own.
With features like 4 weapon types, 5 game board sizes, reparation functions and more, it's sure to give hours of gamers heaven!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
http://www.nathantech.net/products/game … /index.php

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-02-26 04:58:03

Cool man! I'll try this out right now!

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-02-26 08:43:10

woo let's check this out!

2017-02-26 09:15:20 (edited by JasonBlaze 2017-02-26 09:16:59)

ah cool, kindda remine me of laser   brakeout by nyanchan
a question, do the computer has 2 turn? , I mean he attacked me, then he use a wood

2017-02-26 09:37:25

it tells me I do not have promission to run the game, when I click on it from the desk top

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-02-26 10:26:54

Wow, sounds like a cool game! Downloading it now!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2017-02-26 14:34:18 (edited by Adel-Akbari 2017-02-26 14:35:02)

Hello.
It sounds that you've forgotten to include the readme file in the game. Pressing enter on view readme file in the game, causes  file not found error.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2017-02-26 16:34:28

hi
how i can change screen reader?

2017-02-26 16:49:13

Hi Nathan, amusing game, and yes, it is rather like laser breakout :d.

I personally found the readme went fine, but I do have a few suggestions.

First, at the moment all of the weapons fire off and hit both in the same turn, and only one blockade at a time.
it would be quite cool in tactical terms if say some wapons took a turn or two to it or could affect more than one barricade at the same time.
For example, suppose the machine gun did 20 damage to both the barricade it was fired out and those squars to each side, that could make matters tactically quite interesting, eg, which barricade to repair first.

Likewise, possibilities of weaponsor weapon counters could be interesting to play with, eg, one player could use one missile to shoot down an opponent's missile instead of hitting their barricade, or if the missiles chance of hitting depended upon how many barricades one player still had up.

either way,nice game, and I love all the explosions, rather reminds me of an old boardgame called catapult castle big_smile.

I'll be interested to see where this one goes.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-26 20:21:01

I was wondering about the two computer turns also. Plus, why does the computer start off with some wood, and you don't? lol

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-02-27 04:03:08

hello folks!
I'm glad you like the game.
First, you are all asking the question of, hey, how come the computer is making wood, and shooting me, at the same time?
Can I do this?
The answer, simply, is yes.
The computer is using projects, and then firing after.
You can do this by hitting p, and selecting an item to make, before you hit enter to fire.

@dark They are some great ideas, I'll keep them in mind!

In terms of laser breakout, I had feared the games were rather similar, which is why I left it in my never to be released pile for just a while, but I do remember playing that game, before the english translation was made, and did become rather annoyed with it, not speaking a word of japanese. smile

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-02-27 04:04:55

Will online play be added to this in a later version? Just curious.

2017-02-28 20:07:26

it's almost like a beefed up version of palliss punch up or offensive world?

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2017-03-01 21:32:12

I'm getting a download error when I try to grab this.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-03-01 22:49:11

Why? This is very strange.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2017-03-04 21:08:55

Sweet!

2017-03-11 16:44:07

hello folks
Just a quick status update for v2 of this game.
New features:
*online gameplay
*ability to take out aponents missiles
*the ability to raise your blocks from the dead... providing on certain things
*weapon ranges, see @dark's post
*some bug fixes

I'm working on this game, along wih rulers of the land and a few others. I estimate late march as a release date, but might be slightly wrong, depending on all the things.
Thank ya very much!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-01-16 13:23:37

Hi.

Sorry about the threadcromancy, I was checking this one out to give a db page, but ran into the problem that windows defender thinks it's a virus and deletes the game.exe file before I can run the game (or even set as an exception).
Any suggestions?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-18 20:15:25

How do you get v2.0 of this game anyway, anyone have it?

2018-01-18 20:35:58

ah. thought when I came in it would be a cool fighting game or something.

2018-01-19 12:39:54

Just did a short game.  Is a lot of fun! Exactly what I was  looking for for a good time killer smile

2018-01-30 03:00:25

I've just managed to dredge some motivation from somewhere, after a long spell of not playing any audio games, and gave this a try.

I really enjoy it. Reminds me of Palace Punch Up, but it's definitely not derivative. I like the strategy element, and am looking forward to version 2.0. I hope that's still in the works.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-01-30 10:11:03

Fist of fury now has a db page, find it Here

Also the issue with Windows defender detecting it as an antivirus now seems to be fixed which is good.

2018-02-01 03:55:04

hello folks
I know a few have asked "is there going to be a version 2."
The answer is yes, and it will contain the multi player version.
That, unfortuntaely is where I'm at at the moment. Due to BGT only running on windows, and due to it using UDP, I am having to teach myself a new language just to code the server side of it.
I want my games to be aas user friendly as possible, which means not having to faf around opening ports. I'll keep you posted, but its going well.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2018-02-01 08:04:40

I'll look forward to it.
I also wondered if you considered messing with weapon properties, e.g weapons that  more than one turn to hit, weapons that could hit multiple barricades at once, or weapons that could even disrupt a current building project, e.g firing arrows at your builders.

You could also consider hit/miss mechanics so there might be a possibility of weapons  and doing zero damage, though I'm less a fan of that since it's more fun to keep the destruction constant.
You could also consider different repair items, e.g metal panels that repaired 40 damage but took three turns to make, bricks that could restore 60 points but took 5 turns to build, or different sorts of armour that reduced the damage to  baricade from a specific weapon, but could only be equipped one at a time, or maybe some spy shields which could be deployed so that you don't necessarily know what your enemy is doing in terms of repairs or what items he/she has.

Definitely looking forward to seeing what happens with this one, lots of possibilities and I love the idea of a full scale war game.