2017-02-25 21:34:32

Dear AudioGames.Net members, representatives, comrades, moderators, referees, mediators, peacemakers, alleviators, stabilizers, administrators, heads, executives, supervisors, custodians, and officials:

I write you this post not to ask a question, to post information, or to post news of any sort; but rather, to apologize for all of the disreputable, contemptible, vile, shady, despicable, and shameful things that I have done over the past 7 years that I have been a member of this community. Among many of the impolite things that I've done, I regret, and apologize for, the following things, which is not limited to the following:

• Threatening, intimidating, menacing, scaring, portending, or otherwise forewarning any member of this symposium, or who has developed, evolved, advanced, flourished, progressed, and promoted any project, product or commodity;

• Arguing, contending, squabbling, disagreeing, quibbling, or disputing with any member of the forum, where such arguing, contending, squabbling, disagreeing, quibbling, or disputing was in such a way as to appear threatening, intimidating, menacing, scaring, portending, forewarning, or otherwise harmful, inimical, unhealthy, noxious, catastrophic, or unsafe to anyone else who is a member of this forum or anyone elses reputation, standing, prominence, name, character, or influence;

• Bullying, hectoring, swaggering, blustering, insulting, insisting, instilling, insufflating, consulting, or inciting any member of this forum in any way, shape or form where such items were not clarified to mean otherwise, and where such things were not forgiven thereupon;

• Angering, annoying, inflaming, aggravating, embittering, or exasperating any member of this forum through any possible means of communication, which includes email, private message, etc.; or

• Any other acts of contempt, distaste, mockery, derision, condescension, antipathy, or other such acts not specified in this list that I have, or implied to have, performed, or forewarned that I may perform such acts if situations that caused me to publish, disclose, put out, distribute, promulgate, or broadcast such messages were not resolved.

As it currently stands, I am one of the more commonplace members with the lowest karma reputation, which may or may not account for anything that I have or haven't done in the past or future. I hereby withdraw and disengage any messages which contain threats that may imply that I will do anything that will harm anyone who is or is not a member of this forum, and hereby formally affirm that all statements made by me that threaten destruction or disclosure of any information that is classified or threaten the destruction, eradication, ruin, or massacre of anyone's property, networks, web sites, computer systems, reputation, or otherwise which may or may not have repercussions on me or the one who was attacked are false, and shall not be carried out in any shape or form; and I also hereby affirm that if I do execute such actions that they shall not be publicly disclosed, and such actions shall not be on any member of this forum unless said actions are to test, evaluate, analyze, assess, gauge, or determine the security or vulnerability, susceptibility, duty, onus, amenability, or compulsion of anyone's protected property and the target has approved such actions beforehand.
I hereby accept any punishment, retribution, discipline, forfeiture, torture, or trial that any of this forums members, representatives, comrades, moderators, referees, mediators, peacemakers, alleviators, stabilizers, administrators, heads, executives, supervisors, custodians, and officials wish to hand down to me, and shall deem it acceptable whether I complain, moan, criticize, lament, disagree, or grumble about or with such punishment, retribution, discipline, forfeiture, torture, or trial. Under no circumstance, case, status, accident, occurrence, or fate shall I accept, willingly or unwillingly, any messages, punishments, retributions, disciplines, forfeitures, tortures, or trials that go against the rules, statutes, decrees, precedents, guidelines, or regulations of this forum.

Signed and dated this twenty-fifth day of February, 2017

Ethin.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-02-25 21:47:26

I suppose I should add some justification to what I am saying you will recall, the one blunder, although you must realize not all people are perfect.  We all make mistakes.  I myself made several so I hereby formally accept the apology and thank you for realizing the heirs that you made and to a new start

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2017-02-25 23:08:27

I also accept your humble apology. This is also a very interestingly worded message. I think you'd be good at writing software agreements and such, although if you ever were to do this, I hope you'd be able to change the agreement formula a bit because some of them are just so boring to read!

2017-02-25 23:14:25

I know, I know! big_smile I'm sorry I worded it so, but I wanted it to be formal and stuff so people knew that, "Hey, this guy ain't foolin' around!"

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-02-26 02:54:13

It seems as if I'm reading a legal document. Anyway, what matters isn't words, its actions, so we'll see how you conduct yourself to see whether or not this merits anything, not that I am your judge in any way, I just have been lied to with words, actions never lie, so I look to those to make impressions on people.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-26 03:00:16

Ethin, we all made mistakes, like Tyson has said above, and mistakes teaches us from wrong to right. So, don't worries!
BTW, welcome back to the forum!

2017-02-26 04:12:29

@2, 3, 5, and 6 (and any other posts that say similar things), I thank you for forgiveness.

My Github

2017-02-26 05:13:24

speaking on behalf of the custodian staff of the audio games forum, your apology is accepted. o and thankyou for the many vocabulary words I am going to add to my mental word bank lol

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-02-26 07:58:23

Hi.
Darn, so many words I dont know xD.
As all the others, I will accept your apology, recognizing your own mistakes will help you beeing a better person, that's at leased my oppinion on the matter.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-02-26 13:08:45

So do I. All of these words mostly I don't know. big_smile

2017-02-26 15:00:29

Well I appreciate the spirit in which this is meant and the effort made at a sincere apology, ----- even if some of the terminology is rather interesting (I can't recall the last time we resorted to torture on this forum).
I will say however that there has been a lot of good stuff in the past 7 years, so while there have been mistakes it's not all been bad either.

So here's hoping for a better future.

to begin with, there's been a lot of interesting changes, new games etc, which you might want to check out, both in the new releases room and in the database as well.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-26 15:02:59

The sheer verbosity and formality of your apology undermines its sincerity, in my view.

That said, you did make the apology, and that counts for something.

Future actions will dictate whether or not it was worth paying any mind to.

The gesture isn't lost on me, but I reserve judgment, for whatever that's worth.

Next time, if you have a need to apologize, writing a legal document may not be the way to go. It may impress those of limited vocabulary, but all it does for someone like me is to make your apology look disconnected and impersonal, as if you took a thesaurus, took an NDA, sorta reversed engineered the latter using the former, and came out with a suitable stock apology.

This might come across harshly, but my aim is only to state my take on this. As I said before, the gesture itself has been noted.

I believe you were the guy who I essentially accused of hacking manamon last year? The one who used some sort of editing tool to hack your levels to unreasonable levels. It is my hope that such actions are a thinf of the past. Goodness knows we all say and do stupid things. No one is excluded from this.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2017-02-26 15:18:00

I, Nocturnus, hereby appoint you the haunting nightmare of all exceptionally verbose writing that made my life a living hell in highschool.  That said, nicely phrased and you're forgiven.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-02-26 15:23:43

When I was a kid, me and my mom used to fight all the time, I was living with her after the divorce, but couldn't stand it, so I moved in with my dad instead, then she wanted to move in with us and try again with their relationship, Truth to be told, she was scared where she was living because of the neighbors. Anyway, I talked to to my dad and said god please do not let her move back in here, my brother fine if he wants to, but not her. Well, he did, and the point to this is I wrote up a contract and had her sign it that looked similar to this first post with verbiage of the same calliber. I think I was 14, but I dreaded her moving back in. Then, 2 years ago, she moved into my apartment for a while, lol, so she lived with me for a while, haha.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-26 15:37:59

@Ironcross, that was a happy ending.

2017-02-26 16:34:24

You would have been fun to have as a kid.  :d

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-02-26 16:49:17

We all make mistakes, and most people learn from it. It's okay to not agree with others and see things from a different perspectives. This does not make you a bad person. We all have the right to share our opinions and we all have the freedom to speak. The tricky thing is how we react if we don't agree with others, and how we react if we read a comment which makes us angry at any point. I have wrote a lot of comments here on the forum where I should have shut up, stepped away from the computer or just moved to the next topic instead of writing what I wanted to say. I've done my best to learn from my mistakes, but I still fall through from time to time, and should have stepped away instead of posting...
What I'm trying to say is that we all make mistakes. The important thing is to find a way to avoid you making the same mistake over and over again. Learn from your mistakes and do your best to stop yourself from doing the same thing again. That's properly all you can do.
Remember that all people are nice at some point. Even your worst enemy. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-02-26 18:40:42

@SLJ, thank you. And thanks go out to all of the rest of you.
@Jade, Yes, that was me. big_smile I'll try not to do it again. It's just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tempting, you know? smile
@Dark:
While my message was verbose, This apology goes out to you, too, because I really was quite... rude... to you, like, what was it, the first time you banned me on here? big_smile
Thanks again, all of you! I know I was quite verbose, and I know that it was written like a legal document, but I hope that, despite all of the extra terminology, the message was heard, as it were? That said, yes, we all do make mistakes, but I think I was one of the people who made the more drastic ones. Then again, you know what they say - history is the best teacher anyone could ask for. Let's hope that, despite the history of my past (the bad history), this never happens again. Thank you, again -- (How many times can I say that? big_smile).

My Github

2017-02-27 08:43:53

Although I've not been on the stage of watching your mistakes, so I was never effected by you. We all do mistakes as it says, what's more important is your way of being, niceness can overcome mistakes sometimes. I'd, however, accept your apology since I'm proudly an Audiogames member, and if we don't forgive you, well, someday we won't be forgiven by some people too. It's like what you do returns back to you.