2017-02-22 13:59:07

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere before, but I'm having issues getting Castaways to run on Windows 10 and I'd really like to get back into the game. The readme talks about copying a certain file into one of the system folders in the WIndows directly but I'm not sure if that's what I have to do for Windows 10 to run the game if it's even possible. But I always had fun with Castaways and I'd like to get back into it if possible.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-02-22 20:32:30

I should also point out that I tried following the steps to register DirectX as listed in the readme but I got an error code.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-02-22 20:58:20

I can't remember if Castaways came with a file called checkup.exe.  If it did, have you tried running that?  If not, do you happen to have any of my other games downloaded?  Most come with checkup.exe, and running that for one game will register the needed files for all of my games.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-02-23 07:00:29

I didn't see that checkup file in there, but apparently the version I had was out of date. I redownloaded it and we seem to be in business. Now I guess it's time to go see if I can manage to not starve my people out LOL.

2017-02-23 09:22:58

Greetings.

I'm also playing castaways again and because I've completed it before without messing with it, now I'm messing with it and building walls, war tents, stables and the like in mission 1. Pity you can't raid in mission 1 either; I would have liked some slaves to help out. Unlike before, I now never build houses, only Tudor houses. I can't remember however whether the cosy fault affects Tudor houses or just regular houses so I never use that one.

Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.