2017-02-22 00:38:03

i am new to skype and when i created in account it did not ask for a skype name, is this no longer supported? and my other question is, windows 10 comes with skype preview, is this better than the download verson of skype. Or which is nicer with screen readers? thank you

Why didn't the Romans find algebra difficult?
because x is always 10!

2017-02-22 01:21:20

think if you had a skype name, its still available to use, but now it seems as though you need a Microsoft account. i would use the desktop version of Skype. Go into options and to accessibility and check that box to make things a little better, also go into keyboard shortcuts and make sure all the options are checked hat you want to use.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-23 04:34:15

ah alright thanks. and how do i close the program? i did alt plus f4 but it continues to run.

because x is always 10!

2017-02-23 20:11:53

To close the program, you can either go to the taskbar and press application on skype icon. Click quit, and then OK. Or you could go to the notification tray and find the skype icon and follow the steps I wrote above.

2017-02-23 22:19:26

you can't close to program on alt f 4 key, only yo can close to Task Manager.

If that's helpfull, why don't you press Thumbs up?

2017-02-23 22:20:34

follow on the steps be cavefull. 1: first, pres ctrl shift escape. 2: find to skype, and pres to delete key.

2017-02-24 01:27:46

thanks a bunch! and i have been wondering how to do the shortcut for task manager, good to know, excellent, thanks again!

because x is always 10!

2017-02-24 14:04:42

You don't have to close it through task manager. Follow the steps I highlighted on post 4, and you will be fine with the skype application. Closing the program through task manager is never a good idea because the sudden close might do harm to the program, consequently causing it to display problems and work inconsistently. The force stop for a program is recommended when it becomes unresponsive and you have no other choice besides closing it using the task manager.

2017-02-24 16:45:20

reply from post 7: no problem.

2017-02-25 02:53:36

Or you could do the following to be able to close the window.
On the skype main window, go to tools, options and advanced settings. There uncheck the box Keep Skype in the taskbar while I'm signed in.

2017-02-25 06:07:56

Since we're on the skype topic, I have a question: What's the difference between skype and skype for business? Can I use skype for business if my account for normal skype only?