2008-04-17 15:51:44

Hi all,
Today when I was looking at audiogames.net, when I click on a page, it makes two clicking noises. One click is normal, but then I see a frame like ad space or something.
Can someone please tell me if this is happening to them as well?
Thanks guys,
Elliott.

2008-04-18 23:17:55

No, this is not happening here. What version of windows and what service pack, version of IE/FireFox etc.

2008-04-19 10:51:14

it isn't happening here either. You might have some weird virus or something.

2008-04-19 12:21:39

Adware?

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-04-19 16:28:09

Yeah, you could have a piece of spyware tath hijacks ads or something. Dunno.

2008-04-23 04:14:29

Yeah these are called tracking cookies. AVG antispyware 7.5 scans for and shows them automatically, not sure about other systems.

HTH!

"Actually, they're just super-advanced holograms created for the sole purpose of enriching a children's cardgame."

2008-04-23 11:45:12

Nah, those are files which show a site where you've been. They do **not** hijack your browser, they do what they're called... they track.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-04-23 17:04:45

Today I made some changes to the website. However, I have no idea what the relation is with the clicking sounds. Are those the kind of sounds Windows plays back when Internet Explorer starts browsing?
And does it occur at the forum pages as well? If so, than it has nothing to do with the change, as I only changed the regular site, not the forum.

2008-04-23 17:06:40 (edited by cx2 2008-04-23 17:07:27)

Clicks tend to happen when IE switches from one page to another for various reasons.

For example when I submit a post it clicks once as it goes on to the "please wait" page, then clicks again as I'm redirected back to the thread.

cx2
-----

2008-04-24 22:24:50

Yeah CX2 it clicks when I click send, then when it redirects it clicks a few times and then when it's back at the main topic with all the posts in the thread you just posted to.

2008-04-24 23:10:59

For the clikc noise you should look under sound and audio devices. Then press ctrl+tab to bring up the sound page. tab over to the treeview. In the tree under the window explorer branch you will find something called "start navigation". once you find it, tab over to the edit combo thing and set it to none and tab to OK, then press enter.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-04-25 09:03:25

CW, the issue is not the click noise. The issue is the original poster heard many clicks then found themself on a page other than AG.net. I explained what the clicks were because Senderman up there wasn't familiar with Internet Explorer, and I can't really blame him from what I've heard.

cx2
-----

2008-04-25 15:44:53

Oops. In that case you did better then I.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral